iOS 10 Crashes. - Freez if you press home button and re-enter pause game.

Prev1
This doesn't happen all the time, but so far, 3 out of 5 times will result in crash, it's happen a lot.

Symptom: You play as normal, nothing freezes during normal game. You pause game or press home button, or it time out because you have not touch phone for 30 seconds. When you go back in, nothing happen. Says PAUSED Tap To Continue and you cannot continue.

I try come out and back in - does not work
I try rotate phone - does not work
I try wait for phone - does not work

Only way to work is quit app and relaunch. This loses your position in the game.

Yesterday i lose raid position because 1st try crashes and by the time i enter again, it is in phase 3!

I will try and record also if this helps.

ALSO this happen in arena and raid and challenge and in cantina home screen a few time.

Replies

• Starki11er
    50 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm having the same problem and have searched and tweaked settings with no success. iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.0.1 Turning background app refresh off and other such options made no difference. Resetting phone doesn't help.

You can start the game and it works without a problem until you turn your phone off or pause/put the game in background. It can be in a paused battle or even the home screen...once you return to the game it is frozen. You have to swipe the games window away to close it completely and restart the game to get it working again. This is a problem if you're pausing a long raid battle or get a phone call during a battle. Once returning to the game its often frozen. Doesn't happen every time immediately but it will eventually. It seems the longer it's paused or in the background the more likely it is to be frozen once returning to it. This never happened before the iOS 10 update.
  • Options
    Anyone have any info on a fix? Is there an official channel to contact about this?
  • Options
    I think we must wait for Dev to respond. I am surprise no one else has this problem
  • Options
    Any help on this iOS 10 game freezing issue would be greatly appreciated @EA_Jesse !
  • Options
    Iphone 6s Plus here. IOs 10.0.1

Same freezing. If you leave the game on the background, or the phone locks due to inactivity, when unlocking the phone the game hangs about 70% of the time, and the only solution is to force close and restart the game.

Please devs, fix. iOS 10 beta has been around for months, I cannot believe this is only happening with the release version of ios10.
  • Options
    Just to throw a spanner in your works, i'm still running an older version of IOS. 9.1 i think, and my game crashed twice last night when trying to re-enter a paused game.
    Perhaps it has more to do with the recent game update, or perhaps IOS 10 and the new game update together increase your chances?
    Never had a problem with the game crashing until last night.
  • Starki11er
    50 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Devs, this is a game breaker, please help solve this issue.

Another thing that happens...when it's frozen if you try to press the home or back button you can hear the noise of the action but the screen itself is frozen and never changes. You can hear background sounds and it seems to register your clicks, at least audibly but the game hangs and no amount of waiting un freezes it.

This has made raiding and gameplay very difficult if not totally broken. Imagine participating in a time sensitive raid, your run taking over 20 mins, you get a phone call or minimize the app for any reason and when going right back the game is frozen, your run and time wasted. Please look into this!
  • Options
    Yes i have the same problem, my raid is normally 40 minutes.. hard to not take a break in this time. As usual we are ignore
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP
    We need you to be aware of this game breaking problem!
  • Options
    Same problem IOS 10 device 6s
  • NSC_Apostle
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Same problem too iOS 10 device 6s plus. Loss of events battles.
    Post edited by NSC_Apostle on
  • Options
    iOS 10 iPhone 6. Loss of raid and arena battles
  • Options
    I've also had this issue since upgrading to iOS 10 on my 6s. I'm sure it's a simple bug fix. Update ASAP please!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a bug and sent up to our dev team for further investigation. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    same issue here too since I updated to ios 10 (iphone6). It is also really draining my battery when I play the game as well. thanks for any help
  • Options
    lost another top raid score to this...
  • Options
    I'm French and have this bug too and lost 2 raid scores and PvP battles.... really annoying please do something! Thx
  • Options
    Can someone help with this please
  • Options
    When I updated to iOS 10 I lost all my account info and it started me back at 0. How do I get my game back to where I was?
  • Options
    Still nothing said or done to help us.
  • Options
    schilj522 wrote: »
    When I updated to iOS 10 I lost all my account info and it started me back at 0. How do I get my game back to where I was?
    Go to your phones settings and log into Game Center there.
  • Options
    Same bug here

Very annoying when you just did 1.5h raid and freeze like this .... losing all your damages ....

Fix this quick !!!
  • Options
    help
  • Chameau
    236 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Go to setting > display > auto lock > never .

Pause game is broken on iOS 10 later it will be répare.
    For the moment do this when you play ,and it's works fine
  • Options
    ^ that works.. never pausing but if you get a important call on your phone while playing SWGOH, what then? Lol
  • Options
    Tl:dr all
    I had this prob on older iPad 2 iOS 7
    My fix was to change the iPad passcode locking time from 30secs to 5 mins
    Then I got Nu iPhone iOS 10 same thing happened
    Did same fix things are better
    Pls Note it still crashes after long pauses, so I try to keep them short if someone calls me , I just tell then I will call back in 5
    Also an iOS Trick I just learnt to Refresh the Device Memory
    Hold Off Button till Slider to Turn Off appears Then Hold Down Home Button Till main screen refreshes
    This Restarts any Apps in memory
    I do this after Battle 3 in Arena so Last 2 Battle won't Crash
    Hope This Helps Someone Out
    Cheers
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Options
    Go to setting > display > auto lock > never .
    As Cameau Said
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Starki11er
    50 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It can freeze after short pauses. Resetting the phone or settings doesn't help. It's a ridiculous problem for a phone game. Not all calls can be avoided or kept short either. (Business, important family issue, etc)I've been in the thick of an hour long raid battle and gotten an important call I had to take and returned to a frozen game and an hour long raid attempt lost. It needs to be fixed properly.
    Post edited by Starki11er on