You know you are addicted to this game when...

Frenzytom
118 posts Member
edited January 2016
- When you name one of your children Han or Boba.
- When you drop $1000 on this game and call it Jabba's bounty.
- When bathroom breaks are called Cantina runs.
- Know what a glass cannon is.

The list goes on...add your own. It's not a trap!!

Post edited by Frenzytom on

Replies

• Options
    I can see myself playing this game every day for the rest of the year. So one hour each day. Thats 365 hours. That's 15 days.

I'm going to be spending the equivalent of two weeks straight playing this game.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    when you wake up and are distressed to see that your energy is full, because it means that there has ben time spent where you haven't been accumulating more energy

when you talk about it all the time, non stop, and your internet history is this forum, the sub reddit, swgohcantina and swgohdb

when you pull out your phone and are saddened to see that you haven't regenerated enough energy for a battle.
  • Options
    antooki wrote: »
    when you wake up and are distressed to see that your energy is full, because it means that there has ben time spent where you haven't been accumulating more energy

Yep, that too.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    -waiting for the reset at midnight
    -check my arena rank at 4-6pm.
  • Options
    +100
  • Options
    When you set alarms for shipment resets so you can get 20 shards a day instead of 15.
  • Options
    When you set alarms for shipment resets so you can get 20 shards a day instead of 15.

what do u mean exactrly by this?
  • Options
    You know you're addicted to this game when,
    • you haven't gotten the notification "your energy bar is full" since you started playing the game.
    • it's the last thing and the first thing you do every day
    • your life long goal is to beat the Hutt who insulted you when you first joined
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    When you go to bed plotting the downfall of that one **** you weren't able to beat tof make top 3 in Arena.
  • Options
    The term "glass cannon" has been around for decades in many games.
  • Options
    When you finish all energy then read a few posts in the forum and check for the energy to do one more squad cantina battle. And when you see it's just 2/120 you just read some more posts. It goes on like that.....
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Ivadek wrote: »

what do u mean exactrly by this?

I think the shipments reset every 6 hours. If you're asleep for the night, you would miss one of the shipments, netting only 15 shards instead of 20 if you're farming just one toon at a time, like you should be. If you set an alarm to claim the shards before the reset, you can get the max 20/day for a particular toon. It's a little hardcore, but I can understand how some people do this, or just go to bed late.

I have to wake up early for work, so I typically don't miss the overnight refresh.

Not exactly. It refreshes every 6 hours true...but if you aren't logged in the timer will stay at 5 hours 59 minutes until you log in again. Unless you're logged in near the refresh time, you are potentially losing a lot of shards.

This doesn't really have an impact on most people because they can only get 10-15 shards a day for GW/arena anyway. I have about 10k in both tables and would like to progress my characters as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    When you have over 5000 (5,361 to be exact) cumulative extra shards for 7* characters.
  • Options
    Zarithi wrote: »
    When you have over 5000 (5,361 to be exact) cumulative extra shards for 7* characters.

Wow send me those shards. I promise i will make a good use of them B)
  • Options

Players could be saving war tokens, dragonballs, etc. if they don't want the heroes that are offered, and are waiting for chromium toons to move to the shipments when new toons vet pushed out. This is how a lot of MMORPG's like this operate

I think you misread his post. He doesn't have 5k tokens to obtain shards...He has 5000 EXTRA shards for 7* heroes he already has.
  • Options
    Setting alarms to wake you up to spend power and when working you are in pain when you run out of things to do... so you sit and wait lol.
  • Options
    You are addicted to this game when...

...your credit card gets locked because they suspect fraud
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You are addicted to this game when...

...your credit card gets locked because they suspect fraud

Gah! This happened to me when I was overseas. We had dialup Internet and the call center wasn't working. It took over a week to resolve it.
  • scuba
    14096 posts Member
    Options
    slmcmr wrote: »
    When you finish all energy then read a few posts in the forum and check for the energy to do one more squad cantina battle. And when you see it's just 2/120 you just read some more posts. It goes on like that.....

Didn'the even realize i was doing this. Guilty as charged!
  • Options

Players could be saving war tokens, dragonballs, etc. if they don't want the heroes that are offered, and are waiting for chromium toons to move to the shipments when new toons vet pushed out. This is how a lot of MMORPG's like this operate

I think you misread his post. He doesn't have 5k tokens to obtain shards...He has 5000 EXTRA shards for 7* heroes he already has.

This would be the accurate read. :) I'd love to trade some of those in for a couple of characters that continue to elude me.

• Options

IDK why someone would spend tokens, dragonballs etc. on shards when the toon is already 7*. I would think that you would hoard resources to farm another toon when a good one becomes available. Perhaps I was mistaken, as you could only have that sort of odd number if they were shards.

It's the fun of Chromium.
  • Zarithi
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

IDK why someone would spend tokens, dragonballs etc. on shards when the toon is already 7*. I would think that you would hoard resources to farm another toon when a good one becomes available. Perhaps I was mistaken, as you could only have that sort of odd number if they were shards.

It's the fun of Chromium.
    Exactly. You can get characters you already have in Chromium Packs, and I have...a lot. I keep telling myself to quit getting packs for now until new characters come out, but they are kind of addictive, lol.
  • Options
    When you wake up at 3am to collect shipments
  • Options

Ajizay wrote: »
    You know you're addicted to this game when,
    [*] your life long goal is to beat the Hutt who insulted you when you first joined[/list]

I thought I was the only one!!!!!! That Hutt is going down HARD.
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    When it's payday and I can get 2-3 8x Chromium packs.