Does it seem like arena AI "cheats"

I don't normally like to rant about unfairness in forums, but this is the third day in a row where in 1 or 2 of my matches, I get totally obliterated by a massively inferior team. My characters are all higher levels (38-40) and more stars (3), with a team power rating 1500-2500 higher than my opponent.

The main issue is that I just can't hit anyone. My opponent dodges or deflects my attacks constantly, while I my character never do. I missed 5 consecutive times against a level 35 3 star Talia today. My opponents Duku gets bonus moves every turn, and their lower level Duku ends up with twice as many turns as mine. They have 3-4 characters left still when they defeat me.

I wouldn't normally call cheating or bug, but it's just been so out of balance for me I don't know what's going on with this game. It's not like this my first rodeo with games like this. I've dropped like 800 spots in the rankings.
*in game: MC3P0 - The Ewoking Deads

Replies

• Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @clagsmd wrote: »
    I don't normally like to rant about unfairness in forums, but this is the third day in a row where in 1 or 2 of my matches, I get totally obliterated by a massively inferior team. My characters are all higher levels (38-40) and more stars (3), with a team power rating 1500-2500 higher than my opponent.

The main issue is that I just can't hit anyone. My opponent dodges or deflects my attacks constantly, while I my character never do. I missed 5 consecutive times against a level 35 3 star Talia today. My opponents Duku gets bonus moves every turn, and their lower level Duku ends up with twice as many turns as mine. They have 3-4 characters left still when they defeat me.

I wouldn't normally call cheating or bug, but it's just been so out of balance for me I don't know what's going on with this game. It's not like this my first rodeo with games like this. I've dropped like 800 spots in the rankings.

Have you downloaded the newest client update from the app store that was released today? (About 5 hours ago).

They fixed a bug where power ratings weren't being shown correctly so a team that was supposedly "2k+ lower" than you was actually the same or higher than you.

Dooku extra attacks was also a bug I think that they fixed in the update. He's only meant to have a 25% chance of gaining turn meter on basic attacks but the bug was causing it to happen 100% of the time.
  • Are you upgrading your gear and moves? That should be the only reason that you would be losing. Other than that it's probably just broken like you said. I had no problems beating people higher than me when I was level 30-35, but now I'm level 37 and it has just gotten a lot harder. P.S. power levels and stars are a very unreliable way of measuring someone's abilities.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Here's a thing i'm wondering about. Sometimes when i fight guys at the same level or below they're hitting harder and heal more than my guys do. the thing is my guys have max level gear that i can obtain right now and max skillups for the current level. My Consular heals for about 9xx at level 39 but the opponents Consulars' heals for 11xx.
  • Are you upgrading your gear and moves? That should be the only reason that you would be losing. Other than that it's probably just broken like you said. I had no problems beating people higher than me when I was level 30-35, but now I'm level 37 and it has just gotten a lot harder. P.S. power levels and stars are a very unreliable way of measuring someone's abilities.

You're probably having more trouble now at level 37 if you're going up against level 38+ teams because a lot of characters have their next skill tier level unlock for upgrades at level 38, hence they're potentially doing more damage than you.
  • Thanks for the replies. The new update seemed to help. Duku isn't doubling up every attack and my atracks aren't being dodged as much.
    *in game: MC3P0 - The Ewoking Deads
  • i see after new update.. that the defend team.. also ai played.. can attack first round twice and attack with "ultimate"skill .. i must alltime wait 2-3 round for use ultimate skills..

newly i loose 2 heros after 1-2 rounds and cant doing everything against.. cause 80% skill blocks from this skills.. lvl 49 hero on skill 4 and gear 5-6 and handled like puppets in the fights...
    idk what ea think about this unfair game balance since new update..
  • Just faced an arena team with lumi as leader. Daka managed to double stun 3 times in a row. On top of that the first 5 attacks of the other team managed to pull of crits every single time and im pretty sure lumi has no crit leader ability. It just seems like facing ai they crit 8/10 times, they almost always get thier stuns off and they dodge way too much for thier own good. Unrelated but my fett has a 30% revive chance and i have only seen him revive maybe twice in my 150+ arena matches