Buff tenacity in toons or mods!

sL_Spinoza
404 posts Member
edited September 2016
comparing the higher potency in the game against the higher tenacity :

Count Dooku-75% potency
B2-39% tenacity

As the resist test is tenacity-power = chance to resist with the 15% minimum.

B2 with three sets of tenacity +24% tenacity mod= 93% tenacity

Dooku need only 3 % more potency for the maximum chance to apply dbuffs:

39 ( +54 ) - 75 ( +3) = 15

Sorry for my terrible English :)

Replies

• Options
    Agreed. Numbers should have been reversed, so you see some natural resistance from the most Tenacious toons. But, like armor, this isn't likely to change, to keep our ultrafast meta active. The only thing worse than everything dying in 90 seconds ... is everything taking 15 minutes to die. :}>
  • Options
    Skirata wrote: »
    Agreed. Numbers should have been reversed, so you see some natural resistance from the most Tenacious toons. But, like armor, this isn't likely to change, to keep our ultrafast meta active. The only thing worse than everything dying in 90 seconds ... is everything taking 15 minutes to die. :}>

Ok, i understand your argument! Perhaps the best solution would be buff tenacity mods!
  • Options
    I am not so sure that the stats on tenacity function the same way people keep saying they do.

I have Old Daka at 93% potency and in GW or arena, I check the stats on the toons that resist.

Clearly there is at least a 15% chance to resist and in most cases, toons have closer to 25% than 15.

After completing 3 GW's (and tracking resists) I've found a couple of interesting points.

The toon I have resist Daka's stun more than any other is Jedi Consular believe it or not. Almost every battle he is in there I get a resist from him. His base tenacity is 25% but it is is often around 27% or better with mods.

I am talking about actual resists too. One of the nice things about GW is if I am unsure if it was a dodge or simply didn't proc rather than resist, I can retreat and replay the level as long as I remember what order I attacked in the last time.

Obviously 36 nodes in GW isn't a huge number of data points and I will keep watching it but it SEEMS like just a few percentage points added consistently get more resists than toons with zero added tenacity.

It also seems to be the toons who are naturally more tenacious.

There was a Rey in one level with over 50% tenacity and replaying the level by changing the attack order or moving toons around, I couldn't get her to resist.

Then I have a JC or a Magmatrooper with 25-28% tenacity and get lots or resists.

RNG is RNG though. I will just keep an eye on it for a few weeks and see how things pan out...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I am not so sure that the stats on tenacity function the same way people keep saying they do......

Can only go off what has been provided by the Dev's that make the game

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/581984/#Comment_581984

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/575116/#Comment_575116

Chance to resist = Defenders Tenacity - Attacker Potency, Min of 15% chance to Resist.
  • Options
    Skirata wrote: »

Agreed, however it's not right to have tanks going down in only a few hits, and lower hitpoint characters dropping in two AoE abilities. We added protection so that every character gets a turn, now with the right team and mods you can clear out 2-3 guys before they get a turn.