Defense up buff should be (one possible) counter for rampant AoE and crit-builds.

We know that AoE is out of hand lately in the game.

Defense up is a buff mostly ignored. If it comes asa bonus no one complains, but no one builds a team towards it because it's not a winning strategy.

Currently AoE is a winning strategy and has no proper counter. You pit AoE vs. AoE and hope for RNG to favor you.

IMO Defense up could be made a lot more valuable buff by making it extra effective against AoE and crit chance.

IMO Defense up should either divide the enemy's chance to crit by 2, or reduce it by a flat 50%. THat makes it a lot more desirable to have against AoEs and targeted attacks.
Defense up should also divide AoE damage by 2, making the defended characters much more sturdy against AoE.

That would be a good shakeup to make AoE teams less of a death machine they currently are.

Replies

• They did bump defense when the AOE damage buff went out. You're saying, we need more, right?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Brazilian_Joe
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    We need more , obviously.

Defense up does not feel like it makes enough of a difference.

Also, AoE teams are getting out of hand. AoE needs to be more counterable, not just by rispostes, but by having mechanics to reduce its effectiveness.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Yeah. Defense up is kind of useless in its current format. It currently adds 50% defense which sounds great. For 5's unmodded it only adds ~10% more armor so instead of 38% damage mitigation of physical attacks it is 48%.
    IMO it should double the damage mitigation. It is just currently a useless debuff.
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I disagree whit you all. I run a droid team whit 70-85% crit, i have face a weak lv 76 squad this morning in my GW. The squad was lead by Chewie. On maybe 10-12 hit, i have crit twice....