Rebels Season 3 and SWGOH

Eight days people. Finally we're through the muck of setup and backstory. Season 2 ended with one of the greatest pieces of material to hit the screen. Maul's back, Ahsoka's dead(except in the imagination of her voice actress shwing), and 4 inquisitors have been taken down. Time for the real show to begin. I'm counting down the days til the premiere, and unsuccessfully scoured for leaks. I read Servants of the Empire and Ezra's gamble which are basically unaired episodes in book form. --the four books in SotE is better than the majority of the actual episodes-- I'm pumped. Bendu, Thrawn, Blind Kanan, Dark Ezra. It's gunna be epic. So now that we're finally into the nitty gritty of the series I hope it's time for Our favorite game to give us some of the gold from the series.

So what do we want first? I personally don't care for most of the series characters, but the story I absolutely love. I say don't add another Ashoka but wouldn't be against it either. Ezra to me is severaly annoying; reminds me of the awful Clone Wars show movie release everytime he opens his mouth. Kanan, though, he's mah dude. Hera and Sabine are awesome too. Zeb is meh. Chopper though, he is classic. If you put him next to BB-8 I'll pick Chopper everytime. Hondo would be a good addition, but I'd rather have his Clone Wars garb. Tseebo is a good idea. He was instrumental during the rebellion according to the book Battlefront twilight company.

As far as bad guys we don't have a good selection honestly. Some mediocre Imperial Officers and the Inquisitors. But the Inquisitors are very...um...bland. The Grand Inquisitor is a must. the other three I could do without. No helicopter blades please. And heres a big question: why are their sabers the same? It takes the force to asemble a saber. I assume theyre given the same kit...but I dunno....

So its actually kind of weak. But after this season I doubt that'll be the case. Thrawn, Bendu, some ancient Sith/nightsister entity thing--return of talzin???--and loads of dark side. We have strong Star Wars coming and come Spring/Summer when the season is over And Rogue One characters have been farmed out I hope we get them.

Who from Rebels do yall want most? Or dont want to see at all?

Replies

• ....Ahsoka's dead(except in the imagination of her voice actress shwing), and 4 inquisitors have been taken down.

She looked Alive to me.....
  • Add the imperial officers thrawn and the bearded guy
  • ....Ahsoka's dead(except in the imagination of her voice actress shwing), and 4 inquisitors have been taken down.

Yes they made it ambiguous. But if you watch the interviews with Filoni his tone and choice of words are not. And when he and Ashley are in the same room hsi reaction whenever she adamently denies her death is very telling. Her story ended. But the middle has yet to be told.

Yes they made it ambiguous. But if you watch the interviews with Filoni his tone and choice of words are not. And when he and Ashley are in the same room hsi reaction whenever she adamently denies her death is very telling. Her story ended. But the middle has yet to be told.

Lmao Ahsoka is alive, didn't really think that was still up for debate

Source? Or are you just projecting your opinion?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    ....Ahsoka's dead(except in the imagination of her voice actress shwing), and 4 inquisitors have been taken down.

Source? Or are you just projecting your opinion?

You can clearly see her still alive at the end of the episode. There's also an Ahsoka novel coming out which should continue this story.
  • DarkCokeBlower
    554 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Thrawn ah loved him every since I read a couple now less than cannon books.
  • You can see ahsoka leaving the temple from the other side opposite Vader... She's alive.
  • Yea, Ahsoka is alive. You're telling me that they had her for 7 seasons in Clone Wars, and about half a season in Rebels and then had her die without anyone seeing it? I'm not buying it. Also, you can see her. Force ghosts could be at play but I doubt it. There's no purpose in doing that and right now, Ahsoka could be the person that teaches Ezra balance. Darth Maul is trying to get him on the dark side, Kanan is trying to keep him on the light side, Ahsoka could teach him that neither are right and that the best option is to have balance.
  • I don't know how you can call Clone Wars awful when Rebels is literally a dumbed down and more child-oriented version of it. Hopefully you atleast realize the only reason Rebels has a following is because they brought back iconic characters that were already extremely developed in CW, making viewers want to find out what happens to them next. Examples: Captain Rex, Ahsoka, Anakin (of course), Hondo, and now Maul.
  • you mean characters that were already developed in the movies... that were never suppose to be what the clone wars was about but pretty much became soley about cause it was failing... obi wan anakin etc were not suppose to be main features in original story for cw... can't say that rebels did that when cw did exact same thing.

I love them both by the way.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    How can Anakin and Obiwan not be the focus of Clone Wars? Seems like that's the whole point.
  • no it really wasn't.... they were hardly suppose to be in it at all... it was suppose to focus on other characters... the galaxy was at war... not just anakin and obi wan.
  • Deathstroke
    48 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    you mean characters that were already developed in the movies... that were never suppose to be what the clone wars was about but pretty much became soley about cause it was failing... obi wan anakin etc were not suppose to be main features in original story for cw... can't say that rebels did that when cw did exact same thing.

Okay first of all Ahsoka, Rex and Hondo were not in the original movies, they got introduced through the Clone Wars. A huge reason people watch Rebels is to find out what happened to these characters, not because the show itself has something better to offer. Second of all it's impossible to make a series based on the prequels without Obi-wan and Anakin considering they are the main characters and have most to tell. If you actually watched the show you would know there are still some pretty good episodes without either.
  • I watch Rebels because it is Star Wars and it is all that is around. Clone Wars was a better show, imo. Others may disagree which is fine, but even people who like Rebels think many of the main characters are extremely annoying.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    Lalalalalala.... Spoiler much! ;)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    no it really wasn't.... they were hardly suppose to be in it at all... it was suppose to focus on other characters... the galaxy was at war... not just anakin and obi wan.

Yet it started with a movie with Anakin and Obiwan and Ahsoka being introduced as Anakin's Padawan. How are you not going to feature them in a lot of episodes?

To be fair there are also tons of episodes devoid of them, focusing on just Ahsoka, the clones, Asajj, Padme and the Senate, Yoda, or so on.
  • hey I totally agree I love both cw and rebels. I only took issue to someone saying that rebels was having to use people from cw to keep an audience. which is exactly what cw did with anakin and obi... and to the person who said I hadn't watched the shows... I have and I have read up on them too. I suggest you do the same. there is some really interesting background information including the original plans for the show and how that changed.
  • Anyone know where I can watch the first 2 seasons?
  • EetsdaBouss
    352 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ashoka's new novel takes place between the Clone Wars Legacy material and Rebels season 1. Vader only survived the dark side 'nuke' because of his immersion in the dark side. The final of season two was meant to Finish the Ahsoka story. She has no place in the Rebel era. Her death was perfect. The only satisfactory ending her character could have had. The cave was her becoming one woth the force, something we have never 'seen' before her distancing hersel from he Jedi Order.
  • Totally alive. In some fashion. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a ****. How many times has Filoni referred to her as the "Gandalf" of the series? Many. We all know what happened to Gandalf. He faced a supreme challenge and overcame it. Stronger than ever.
  • Ashoka's new novel takes place between the Clone Wars Legacy material and Rebels season 1. Vader only survived the dark side 'nuke' because of his immersion in the dark side. The final of season two was meant to Finish the Ahsoka story. She has no place in the Rebel era. Her death was perfect. The only satisfactory ending her character could have had. The cave was her becoming one woth the force, something we have never 'seen' before her distancing hersel from he Jedi Order.

Snips distanced herself from the Jedi when she left the Jedi Order in CW.
    She is still alive.
    The writers of the show came out and said that she is not dead because she is such a huge character now to the Star Wars fan base that it would actually be a horrible way to kill her off like that at the end of season 2. They also said, straight forward. She is alive, and it will not be the last time we see her.

But with all that, I think it would be cool if she had a cameo or just a "tip the cap" mention of her in Rogue One. IMO of course

But directly from the writers of Rebels. Ashoka is no dead. End of debate....mic drop