Enough to beat the palp event? (Newbie here!)

Hi guys,

Browsed the forums for a while and finally got round to joining today.

Basically, palpatine has always been my favourite character so I was gutted when he finally became available on the game and I didn't have the necessary squad to get him (I've only been playing for about 2 months and the only rebel I had was leia at 4*). So since then I've been farming rebels like crazy ready for when the palp event finally returns.

Do you think a team of Ackbar, Leia, Biggs, Wedge and HRScout is gonna be enough to take him down next time the event rolls around? If I have time I'll farm someone else instead of scout (everyone seems to rave about lando and STH) but if it came to it would they be able to do the job? I'm hoping to get atleast 6* when it comes back but hopefully 7* if I can.

Cheers!

Replies

• Options
    I haven't completed it yet either but I think so. You might need to do a few hundred more attempts than a Lando squad but eventually RNGesus will smile upon you. Everyone seems to love STH and Lando for this event tho
  • Options
    If you need to farm rebels you may as well farm the good ones, so go with lando/wedge/biggs/sthan and then throw in either ackbar or leia
  • Options
    STHan would be nice to have to draw fire and protect your team but that team should be fine. You've got Wedge AoE to circumvent the RG taunt as well which will be nice to have.
  • Options
    The 5* challenge was pretty simple. Thats all i got to. So yes that squad is sufficient.
  • Options
    Of course, it all depends on stars, level, gear, abilities, and mods.

But the other poster was right, if you need Rebels, go ahead and get the best. Wedge & Biggs, STHan, and Lando are useful in several parts of the game. So they make the most sense for investment.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. At the moment I've got Biggs, Leia, Scout and Ackbar at 6*, and Wedge at 5. I'll probably 7* scout just because I don't have much else to spend cantina shipments on.

So... lando or han instead of scout? I'm more tempted by han for the taunt but I've heard lando can be crazy good with his AoE. I could throw them both in but I figured ackbars ability to remove debuffs would be useful and leias bonus attacks seem pretty useful.

I guess if it's gonna be months and months before it comes back I could just farm them all and try various combos!
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    5 star fight you can get through decently.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I'd go Wiggs, Ack, Lando and STHan, Ack to take away vaders AOE debuffs
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm sure we can figure out what team is good enough in 6 months when it comes back.
  • Options
    I'm positive you'll have enough time to 7* Lando by the time the event rolls around again, him and Wiggs will melt Palp and Vader
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    You need Ackbar and Lando.

Ackbar to turn vaders DOTs into health
    Lando to plough through all the Royal guards at the end
  • Options
    personally i'm planning on rolling with STH, luke, lobot, and the 2 hoth toons, it's all i have right now.

well i have leia and i think wedge or maybe it's biggs. i don't know i don't use rebels. but they are all back at 2 stars and have been untouched aside from activating them.

i'm planning on tier 5 and hopefully 6, don't think i'll get tier 7 done this time.

like the OP he is my favorite character in the star wars universe.
  • Options
    Super rare event! Farm them all and max them because the next time it's out I'm sure it will get buffed like ever other event
  • Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    You need Ackbar and Lando.

Ackbar to turn vaders DOTs into health
    Lando to plough through all the Royal guards at the end

This + STHan. The other 2 spaces are dead wood if those 3 are geared.
  • Options
    i did it with st han, leia, aa, biggs, and lando, only 2 were maxed. farm st han and lando. lando can be useful elsewhere especially arena. i was reluctant to farm him just like i was with rey but they both have their uses
  • Options
    I did it with St Han, Leia, Scout, Ackbar and Biggs (level 60-70ish, gear around level 8, with Han higher).

The hard part was getting them all to 7*. Once that was done, the actual battle was a walk in the park. St Han did help a lot (and he's the second easiest to get to 7*, given his shards are in the Arena shop), but I'm sure about any gang of 5 Rebels moderately levelled, geared and modded could have done it. Wedge or Lando for sure.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Super rare event! Farm them all and max them because the next time it's out I'm sure it will get buffed like ever other event

buffed or not i want the emperor. he's my favorite character in the star wars universe. my team should already blow through tier 5 and as far as i'm concerned if thats all i end up with on the second event i'll be as happy as a bug in a rug.

there is an achievement for this event. so it's not going away. it may be a rare event but it will return a second time, a third time, a fourth time, etc. so i have plenty of time to get EP to 7 stars.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Scout's actually really good since you can stun Palpatine and focus on Vader.
  • Options
    I was able to beat 7* with Luke on my team, so you'all be fine. Just kill the Rg first, then EP, and Vader last.
  • Options
    G8 AA L. G7 lvl53 luke and biggs ,maxed STH and Leia took a few tries
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »

buffed or not i want the emperor. he's my favorite character in the star wars universe. my team should already blow through tier 5 and as far as i'm concerned if thats all i end up with on the second event i'll be as happy as a bug in a rug.

there is an achievement for this event. so it's not going away. it may be a rare event but it will return a second time, a third time, a fourth time, etc. so i have plenty of time to get EP to 7 stars.

Agreed! I was gutted I missed him the first time. I'm just hoping 'extremely rare event' doesn't mean once a year or something.

So basically pretty much any 7* rebel team can do it with a bit of luck. I'm pretty set on wiggs (hoping they don't get nerfed in the meantime) and Ackbar for the buff removal. Hopefully I'll have time for lando and STH but if not leia will have to do instead of one of them!