Please Nerf Wiggs

Prev13456789
darthnoobage
182 posts Member
edited September 2016
Will i be called a nerf whiner for this?

I don't think I've called for a nerf on anything before as all other cheap characters have not made the game as boring as this. I don't feel i even have to explain this properly. Wiggs and Landakin teams (teams with all four) are simply the cheapest thing I've ever seen in any game. their damage so far outstrips everyone else its a joke. They can kill everyone on any team through AOE and no skill! A ridiculous strategy for any 5v5 turn based game that should never happen. In a game where all you do is choose moves, rather than one where you actually play and use skill like a shooting game or sports game, you would think that strategy would be used to win battles. things like using certain debuffs, even having to manipulate turn order can be fun-ish, choosing certain teams to beat other teams, having farmed the right toons to do that, choosing the right move at the right times, even some rng changing battles can be cool. The game was doing ok in respect to this before wiggs. I still think that battles were a bit rubbish before because they are decided after 1 turn (or before it even starts) rather than being long/drawn out giving everyone a chance to use their skills and the battle swinging back and forth (aka being fun). This, rather than speed mods, is the root of the arena problems for me but that's another issue.

But the battles were ok. Now, against everyone, wiggs and landakin are done in 20 seconds. How creative is this game!?!?!? Just have three guys that drop bombs and kill all the toons you need to kill in the first round. Oh and the single best attack in the game from biggs will kill whoever you need. Oh and they're all the fastest. If you haven't got bored of this team after 1 battle you are too easily entertained. You just press AOE and you're done. Ive been consistently beaten by other teams in the past and not cared and just accepted that i need other toons to get past them (and then farmed those toons). I've played wiggs twice and had enough. I didn't even care that much about pathetic obi-wan/han rng teams, i just dealt with it. But they take it too far their damage is silly and they can destroy any team. Probably even without any mods they could still own any team. I've not even mentioned a 5th character but any number of nightmares can be inserted.

FYI I don't have wedge, i played them for the first time today, they had perfect mods and about a 40-speed deficit on every character. I lost twice then won twice, fairly luckily. I still think they're awful. I was going to farm him when he came out as i have all the other guys you need but then i realised how lame it is and decided not to go the pathetic route. I'm sure he will be nerfed after about a month, or two because CG hates doing things. Although i think that even after a nerf that team will still be very strong against so many setups. Hopefully they'll make it so they can't just kill everything in sight before an actual battle can take place ASAP. Before you all start, I'm not crying cos I can't beat him, I'm finding this game pathetic because 20-second death by AOE meta is what a 5 year old wants from this game. seriously only 5-year olds think thats a good game when you just press a button and do loads of fun fun fun high numbers to everyone and then yaaaaaaaaayyyyy fight over!!!!! I wooonnnn yippeeeeeeee!!!! The only people who should be happy with this team are 5- 10 year olds who have their wiggs teams.

Go for the lateral nerf if you have to - make rex f2p and/or add other aoe counters/wiggs counters. I mean multiple strong counters to this trash. I do think they'll go this route.

Or preferably just take a nerfbat straight to the source and knock the smiles off of wedge and Biggs' faces. Knock them right off the face of swgearth never to be seen again. Who even saw them in the films? I'd bet they have a combined 15 seconds of screen time. There is no way i could care less for random biggs darklighter and wedge antilles. who are you. go away. I know this obviously won't happen but its what i'd like personally. They don't deserve to even be strong characters at all (let alone far and away the strongest), they deserve to be average.

I think eventually they will straight nerf damage as well so they are not as crazy as they are now and id hope they would have trouble with certain teams (like all other setups do, forcing you to change tactics depending on the battle), and i think they will release toons that can stop their aoe fest somehow.

But for now, this is the most pathetic 5-year-old meta I have seen in any game and I want it out its so so lame i'm fed up already and I've only played two wiggs teams.
Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on

Replies

• I don't mind anyone disagreeing but just give your reasons and don't start with the nerf whiner stuff, although i don't see how you can disagree atm
  • Any chance u publish those ign of those wiggs teams?
  • i'd rather not, just so they don't know exactly how annoying they are, they are killer whales and I'm sure they trawl forums too. How come is there other info from the teams you'd like or something?
  • So you've played two Wiggs teams, and you don't have them? And Lando and Anakin?

I have them and don't use them. Yes they do a lot of damage, but are squishy and can be easily overcome by a variety of teams.

Rex lead is obviously the best counter, but not the only one. Plenty of Palpatine teams beat Wiggs. I've seen a IGD Aayla, mace, JKA, fisto team beat them. I have to fight three wiggs, Landakin teams teams everyday at the top of my shard.

Now hold your anger back for a second and think about it for a second.

You call the meta lazy and boring. What about the dodge meta? Where everyone ran Old Ben or Dooku lead, Rey, RG, QGJ, and STHan? There was FAR less diversity in teams in arena than there are now. Or before that with the speed meta and EVERYONE ran QGJ led Jedi?

The meta will change again. With rogue one, rebels tv show characters and the new raid, there will be a new meta before long.

Until then, try and find a less lucky way to win. There are plenty of YouTube videos that show teams easily beating the meta. Check out @Smithie
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    So did you play vs wiggs 2 or 4 times?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I was the first one to call for Wiggs nerf. During the next few months, i am sure the forum would be satiated with such threads.

I agree with you, this is an extremely lazy game design where strategy has no place. These 2 have insane speed and can drop almost any toon in the game before it can act.
  • This complaining sounds like a 5 year old.

And no I don't run this team but this game will never drive me to a looney rant like this.
  • darthnoobage
    182 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @leef i played 4 times against two teams

@MadMalgus Ive played versus 2 super-modded wiggs teams. I have everyone apart from wedge.

I know there will be new metas and they'll change things up as they have done before (can't wait), my point is that as of right now this meta team is stup1d.

There are counters but not many, and not good ones. Rex is a P2P counter as of right now. I agree your IGD team is probably a good option, but would still be annihilated by wiggs on offense with a single stroke of ST han, and still even without him, but with him it would be silly. They are certainly OP on offense. I don't think there is a team they can't EASILY beat on offense right now. but i havent used them so feel free to prove me wrong.

Attacking wiggs teams, there are maybe a couple of teams that can reliably beat them (or maybe not IDK), but wiggs/landakin are meta. They are far ahead of everyone and harder to beat than all other teams which are all easily counterable. And given this is the case i think AOE meta is just silly.

What Palpatine teams can beat them? I beat them with palpa and vader, sthan, and some other high health toons, but was just RNG that biggs went for vader first, and then plenty more rng from there. Just interested to know so i could use those teams, cos mine is so unreliable and can't really see a way to make palpa more reliable. I was very lucky with 2 out of 4.

with that old meta, there was less diversity in arena but i feel that was just because there were less quality toons overall. Since then they've added a lot of useful chars to the game. The other metas were more stagnant and went on for a long time, while wiggs is arriving still, I just think this one is ridiculous - AOE until death is an embarrassingly bad game. when i called it lazy and boring, i mean that AOE until death after 1 round is lazy and boring. Its so uncreative just doing so much damage to all toons that after one round they're all dead, its what a 5-year-old comes up with. OB1 and han, at least ability block and then han giving 20% TM per hit was a little different than just put a big number on every character til they're dead.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Thanks for the tips, if (when) I run wiggs and landakin, who do you think would be the most annoying 5th?

If lando lead I could add 88.

Wedge lead could be sth or even Leia....

So many possibilities, need some advice.
  • OP just wants a "participation award" for fighting wiggs teams, even though he's only fought 2 of them without even trying to find a solution.
  • darthnoobage
    182 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @Darth_Barf looooololoolololollollol

@Alexone its so lazy and stup1d i kind of find it embarrassing that i play this game. I know they will nerf eventually, but just get these teams out of my face asap

@SmokeyJoe320 you have your tone i have mine. Having played them now I'm shocked at how awful the game design is. Its not really a loony rant its commenting on the stup1dity of the number 1 team and most relevant thing in the whole game as of right now.
  • @darthnoobage The Palps teams that I can beat Wiggs with:

F2p against a Wiggs team with no STHan.
    Palps
    RG (who can get over 91k health)
    JKA
    Aayla (highly crit chance modded)
    Fives

The only one Biggs can one shot is Palps. If he does, RG taunts. My JKA aoe's for good damage. Then their aoe comes, Aayla and fives counterattack for stun/speed down. Stun lock Lando, JKA, kill wedge, JKA, Biggs.
    If they don't kill Palps off the bat, it's even easier.

F2p against Lando led JKA, Wiggs, STHan.
    AA lead
    Speed STHan
    Palps,
    Lando,
    Rey/QGJ/Old Ben.

Old Ben neuters Wiggs. Palps can shock JKA and STHan, and then burn wedge and Lando

I'm currently working on
    Tarkin Lead,
    Veers,
    Palps,
    RG,
    Vader.

Non F2p
    Rex,
    B2,
    Sun Fac,
    Fives/Aayla
    JKA

Rex
    Wiggs,
    Sun fac,
    B2/Palps

Plenty of more options
  • I don't get it. Palpatine has infected my shard (late November), including my own team, and there are just 2 Wiggs teams. When I climb my way up and I see one, it's like a beacon of hope: I beat it all the time!
    What gives me trouble is those 200+ speed Palpatine teams (or St Han or Poe), because I need a good RNG just to get just a single attack in the middle of their first three full turns.

There are lots of examples of characters/attacks that are like a very decisive coin toss at the very beginning of the game: Poe or Han's taunts, Mind Tricks, Power of the Dark Side,... and the outcome (and/or the turn order) of that single attack almost certainly determines the winner of the battle.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    OP leaderboards are more diverse at the top now than they have been in a while, how is that bad. Yours seems to be infested with wiggs teams, @Tiggus is infected with palp lead, like some in my guild.
    Mine currently has mostly Rex leads and lando leads, very few with wiggs anymore, they were there for a bit. I see people on my trying new teams all the time. why care what other people are running? Why does everyone have to run a team you like to battle against? If you don't like the team don't battle against them unless you have to.

The forums have be asking for teams better on defense and now that they exist the truth comes out that no one wants to lose on offense and want only their team to win on defense.

I would rather lose to a team the beats the life out of me with damage than against a team that keeps dodging my attacks but that is my preference I'm playing. To each their own.
  • So you want it nerfed because you lost to it??? I run wiggs and while its good on offense, it only hold up decently on defense. Wedge is too squishy a d doesnt survive long. If you can't take out wedge fast enough then just stun wedge. Many on my LB run Han Solo to get that stun at the beginning of the match.

Learn to play counters before crying nerf to characters that beat you.
  • darthnoobage
    182 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @Tiggus Yoda/rex is all id say to that.
    You are right there have always been characters like that and its obviously really poor game design if thats happening. i don't think anyone other than wiggs/landakin is really like that any more with the number of toons out there as counters for different setups. They can be beaten but you need specific teams at max gear, and that requires time and resources you could spend elsewhere. ST han teams can be stunned by han solo as can droids, palpatine can be owned by tenacity up, but unless you have spent a lot of resources on the high health toons you need, then wiggs will beat you before you even get to play the game.

@Gank_Killer I thought they were OP and pathetic before i even fought them. There are counters, and i think i have considered them all but
    a) not enough. The teams AOE damage is so good it can beat anyone before they move. Teams you need are too specific and it is stupid that a team can AOE til death 99% of teams if you are at a speed disadvantage which you very likely are. Many teams should be able to beat this team in a balanced game. Its a stupid tactic that shouldnt exist.
    b) those counters will be DESTROYED on offence, this alone makes wiggs OP. On offence they are super OP and very boring, and on defence IMO they are still a stupid concept. No arena battle should end before its begun against 99% of teams, or be able to beat their direct counter 100% of the time.
    c) Not strong enough. I am willing to be corrected here as i don't have counter toons (as in toons that counter-attack) but - if you have a team of counter characters playing a team of AOE characters, the counter team should literally beat them to oblivion. It shouldn't be close. AOEing a counter team should mean immediate death and i don't think it does. A counter team will still get absolutely ANNIHILATED when wiggs is on offense and that is not right, just a sign of how OP they are.
    d) IMO by the time we've farmed them and spent gear they will be nerfed, because they are pathetic and temporary, and resources are key for F2P.

Just because they can be beaten on offense doesn't mean they aren't a stup1d pathetic meta team who make this game very boring.Im not arguing they can't be beaten. By the way id mention at this point that we still didn't even mention a 5th team member which could be used to create any number of problems.

When they are nerfed that will basically be the proof that you are very stup1d.

As i said i never had a problem with not winning, i think this is a dumb meta that is so embarrassing for the game. Sorry if you are thought police/opinion police and i have offended you maybe you should stop crying that other people have a different opinion to you? Arena should be interesting, not done in 20 secs. I always see you saying things like this but not contributing even 1% to any discussion. It seems to be your only contribution ever? Read the actual post and respond to the actual things said.

@sL_Spinoza Who says i haven't considered any counters? I've considered them all I believe. As discussed. I still think this team is absolutely **** and can beat anyone on offence in 20 seconds.

If i was just crying then I would just farm wiggs to counter wiggs........................................................
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    I ran my Wiggs team yesterday, sank like a rock in the arena, much like how EP was great at first he was figured out, now with more Wiggs teams coming because of FTP they are being figured out too which boils down to........

L2P
  • Whats the thread about? So much text
  • darthnoobage
    182 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @scuba Its obviously a great thing that there's diversity, i just don't think there should be a team that destroys everyone before you're in an actual fight. I'd say those people probably don't have maxed wiggs/landakin?

I have to battle them to take number 1 and they are done with my toons i spent months on within a couple seconds. I think thats OP. I don't mind losing to a strong team that i don't have the toons to beat. But losing to a team that has killed two toons before i even get a chance to move is not a good game. If battles were swinging back and forth and momentum was changing throughout the battle and i lost id put down my phone and say good fight. When i am dead through lame AOE before i even play because i don't have the perfect 5 toons I'm not accepting that as a good meta for the game
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @scuba Its obviously a great thing that there's diversity, i just don't think there should be a team that destroys everyone before you're in an actual fight. I'd say those people probably don't have maxed wiggs/landakin?

I have to battle them to take number 1 and they are done with my toons i spent months on within a couple seconds. I think thats OP. I don't mind losing to a strong team that i don't have the toons to beat. But losing to a team that has killed two toons before i even get a chance to move is not a good game. If battles were swinging back and forth and momentum was changing throughout the battle and i lost id put down my phone and say good fight. When i am dead through lame AOE before i even play because i don't have the perfect 5 toons I'm not accepting that as a good meta for the game
    Just means someone build a better team than you, why should they be punished because you lost?

• scuba
    14042 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @darthnoobage.
    I don't mind losing to a strong team that i don't have the toons to beat.

If you are losing to them more often than not than that is most likely what is happening IMO. It is a strong team. The characters that make it easy are currently chromium exclusive. I have faced many strong maxed wiggs/landikin teams and won a lot. The resurgence of Rex and sunfac and the addition of EP has pushed them out.
  • @RU486 its not a better team, its a different team. My teams have AOE damage, mass dispel, many different debuffs, amazing single target damage, good taunters.

His team has AOE damage and goes first. but i am dead before i can use any of my many different teams' qualities, which is a ridiculous meta
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    @RU486 its not a better team, its a different team. My teams have AOE damage, mass dispel, many different debuffs, amazing single target damage, good taunters.

His team has AOE damage and goes first. but i am dead before i can use any of my many different teams' qualities, which is a ridiculous meta
    Thats how he build his team and thats how you want to run your team, again why should he be punished for you losing?

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    @RU486 its not a better team, its a different team. My teams have AOE damage, mass dispel, many different debuffs, amazing single target damage, good taunters.

so why blame wiggs? when it's obviously the mods that made such a battle possible.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member

A team is not just the characters but also the mods on that team, the leader abilities gained etc.
  • darthnoobage
    182 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @scuba when i said that i mean that there can be an option for me to farm them so i can beat them...... if i can't even farm them and theres a team that beats me before i even play then obviously thats stupid.

They can still probably be beaten 100% consistency F2P, that doesn't mean they're not OP. And I'm not investing all resources into that, i dont think its a wise decision for an F2P all things considered, and I'm sure they will be nerfed sometime. And the fact those 4 can't lose on offense to any team is a cheap stupid tactic and obviously OP

I don't think its good that any toon with under 50k HPP can't be used against them.

@Aniema no, I won in arena and took #1 as i do every day. Wiggs made me realise the very poor design of this game. Let ME guess, you are scared of a nerf to your precious wiggyyyyyy?
    Post edited by darthnoobage on
  • Soooo, just to be clear; you don't like that other people can, sometimes (because you did indicate you can win), beat your team... And that their toons can one-shot and ....and that their toons are faster.... And this is not about whining???

Let's be honest here; this is exactly about whining and that you don't like that you have a difficult time beating the current meta.

Don't try and convince me this is about variety, that is ****... The arena has been, and always will be, about the next GREAT meta! There HAS NEVER BEEN Great variety and if you are trying to make the argument that nerfing this meta will change the WHOLE ARENA make-up (or variety) then you are either a fool or very naive.

The Nerf will come, it is inevitable because people will whine... That is what they do here. But this meta does not change anything about the arena make-up (other than some faces) just like the next one will not... So don't try and convince me this is about how "bad" the game has become (or the design is)! Because it really has not changed; just new faces in new places. Much like after the Nerf comes... There will be another meta with much the same faces through the arena. Maybe new faces (or old) but with much the same as the last time and the next time. In other words; your Nerf is not gonna change the how the arena functions!

You know what the difference will be? You may, or may not, get one-shotted , and the toons may, or may not, be faster than yours. You are not mad about how bad the meta is; you are mad that is hard to compete against the current meta is! That is the reality here!
  • This has been said many times. It's not wiggs, it's not palp, it's not even rex. It is mods. I repeat, mods. This game has been so kind to ftp. But if you can't keep up with the mod game, you're going to lose.
  • @scuba if they were slow burners that over time can destroy your team if you don't deal with their threat correctly then i think that would be balanced. The ability to destroy a whole team before your guys move shouldn't exist in any team/game ever.

I don't really understand what you mean by your mod comment, I know that ad in my original comment i did say that i was at about a +40 speed deficit for all the toons as the teams has perfect mods. They used those mods for other teams before wiggs, and i lost some, won most, but those teams made for decent battles, these battles are ****