Which Rebel leader?

Wedge, Ackbar, Lando? Need a lead for a rebel squad of currently, STHan, Biggs, HRScout & Leia. Mainly looking for a squad to complete EP event when it comes around again. Not sure who(if any) would make my Arena squad in the end. Wedge is the one I want most but looks incredibly difficult to gear up. Is he worth it? Ackbar would allow me to still farm Cantina to finish off either my B2 or RG. And/or get Lando/Wedge too if I really wanted. Lando looks easiest to gear. Just going for Lando/Wedge allows me to buy credits in Arena store which I need. Thoughts? Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Acbar is a pure speed leader, but you should focus on sth first for your arena currency
    Lando is a fast farm and a speed + extra critical damidge leader, he also deals 15k+ on his aoe
    Wedge is pure damidge and health if you crit, if you have Biggs they Are the dynamic duo and deal so mutch damidge but he is a slower farm for his shards and gear
  • Options
    Ackbar was the first character I ever farmed, and I've never regretted it. With him as your lead, not only do you get a speed increase, but a tenacity increase as well. His leader ability lets you get around counter-attacks (assists do not count as attacks). His dispel is a must have for P1 of the Rancor raid and is becoming more important in arena with Anakin and EP running around. His main weakness is he hits like a toddler. But your other rebels should make up for that.

Wedge is nice, but you are in a for a very, very long gear grind. I also find him too slow as a leader for arena. If you already have Biggs, I'd say go for Wedge, but after you get either Ackbar or Lando. If you try to farm him first, I suspect you'll get discouraged.

Lando is a must for rebels, I think. Especially since they fixed his AI. Plus he is so good for the Scoundrel events.

You're off to a good start. HRS is amazing once you get him to higher gear levels. He was my MVP during the recent Empire event. His time manipulation combined with StHan's is a nice combo.
  • Options
    Thanks for the thoughts. I've been way behind with rebels.. Once EP event came, they've all I've been farming as the only rebel I had prior was Leia. That's a good point with Lando being a scoundrel too.. I'm almost done with Han so when he's done I'll probably start on Ackbar. Maybe make a couple credit purchases first just to catch up on my other toons. And then work on Lando in Cantina.
  • Options
    Since you guys brought up the gear grind(worst part of this game), which is the faster/easier/least hassle to gear up: Lando or Ackbar?
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    Since you guys brought up the gear grind(worst part of this game), which is the faster/easier/least hassle to gear up: Lando or Ackbar?

Looking on the swgoh.gg website I'd say Lando is a bit easier. Not by much but a bit easier. I just hate how some characters are so much more difficult then others. I think they should all be the same. Not the same exact gear pieces but it terms of difficulty. Like same amount of raid prices and rare purples and such
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For palpatine event - never mind, you just need to max them and no difference who they are
    For arena - wedge leader is better cause provides lando with 50% tm after aoe
    Acbar leader is worse cause even if he goes first, uses genius and then lando AOEs twice it's like 10-12k for second hit