The united, anti-nerf members!

Prev1
I created this account in forum because I saw many requests for nerf .

I enjoyed seeing today that there are many members here who have the same vision that my about nerfs !

I not own the majority of toons that people ask nerf nerfs but I am against any nerf toon because people invest time or/and money on thats toons.

We have to keep attacking these crybabies of nerfs , they are persistent and if not there counterpoint devs just listening .

My Account for who doubts that I do not have so-called op toons: https://swgoh.gg/u/sl baruch spinoza/collection/

Sorry about my horrible english.

Replies

• These guys are in the minority. They're just very loud and they're hoping if they are loud enough the devs will listen. If these toons get nerfed there will be an uproar never before seen in this forum hehe. We're good until a new meta/toons are released.
  • I really don't get this community. I LOVE Street Fighter. It's perhaps the most well balanced video game available. Guess what... they occasionally nerf characters. Star Craft, another great example of a very well balanced game. Another game where they occasionally nerf things. In fact, I've never seen any game that was even sort of balanced, where nerfs don't happen. I don't think it's possible to have a well balanced game without a few small nerfs to the high tier. This whole "anti-nerf" philosophy just sounds like "anti-balanced game" to me.

That said, I'm more in favor of buffs to the low tiers than nerfs to the high tiers. Very, very few characters (only 1 in my opinion) actually need a nerf currently.
  • sL_Spinoza
    404 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Teague wrote: »
    I really don't get this community. I LOVE Street Fighter. It's perhaps the most well balanced video game available. Guess what... they occasionally nerf characters. Star Craft, another great example of a very well balanced game. Another game where they occasionally nerf things. In fact, I've never seen any game that was even sort of balanced, where nerfs don't happen. I don't think it's possible to have a well balanced game without a few small nerfs to the high tier. This whole "anti-nerf" philosophy just sounds like "anti-balanced game" to me.

That said, I'm more in favor of buffs to the low tiers than nerfs to the high tiers. Very, very few characters (only 1 in my opinion) actually need a nerf currently.

I do not know who needs nerf in your opinion ...

the only squad that I have difficulty is clones with Rex leader and do not think they need to nerf !

not play any of these games but I have a question, you spend as much time/money to get a maximized toon them?

• sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    I really don't get this community. I LOVE Street Fighter. It's perhaps the most well balanced video game available. Guess what... they occasionally nerf characters. Star Craft, another great example of a very well balanced game. Another game where they occasionally nerf things. In fact, I've never seen any game that was even sort of balanced, where nerfs don't happen. I don't think it's possible to have a well balanced game without a few small nerfs to the high tier. This whole "anti-nerf" philosophy just sounds like "anti-balanced game" to me.

I do not know who needs nerf in your opinion ...

the only squad that I have difficulty is clones with Rex leader and do not think they need to nerf !

not play any of these games but I have a question, you spend as much time/money to get a maximized toon them?

Pro Street Fighter players spend 12+ hours per day, for months, learning their characters; only to have that character get nerfed. Those games are FAR more serious than this game. And because those games are so well balanced, they actually have pro circuits that bring in big money.

This is a game you can throw some spare cash at if you want to. But this game doesn't require hundreds and hundreds of hours spent practicing. And yet this game's players complain about nerfs way more than than games you have to invest a massive part of your life to if you want to get good. Seems backwards to me.

Besides, in those games, you buy the game outright. Then there's DLC after that. Average players spend way more than they do in this game, where most play for free.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited September 2016

Because we feel there is a very rich and diverse meta currently. The best meta we have ever seen. The only route to take from here is to introduce more characters to the meta pool; thus, making that many more options available. Nerfing characters now would be a step in the wrong direction.
  • No one should ever be nerfed after so much investment spent. Just buff other toons so the current strong ones don't stand out as much.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • I thought 99% of those nerf threads were jokes, none seemed serious to me. Kinda trolling.
  • I thought 99% of those nerf threads were jokes, none seemed serious to me. Kinda trolling.

Oh they're definitely troll threads, but still toons should never be nerfed. Very unfair to anyone who has invested resources.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • benacrow wrote: »
    I thought 99% of those nerf threads were jokes, none seemed serious to me. Kinda trolling.

Oh they're definitely troll threads, but still toons should never be nerfed. Very unfair to anyone who has invested resources.

So what about a Street Fighter player who invested thousands of hours into training and practicing a character who got nerfed?

They spend more money on average than SW:GoH players as well. Bought the game, then many go on to buy DLCs. Here, most play for free.
  • I agree OP. No toon should be nerfed. Players that want nerfs have limited rosters/gear/mods/or..just flat out don't know that they are doing...hence the reason why they struggle facing Jack and Jane.

I'm sitting on 50 toons that are 7*. When I face a team that gives me trouble I just easily switch out a few then problem solved. People that want nerfs don't/can't/won't do that. A lot of them probably just want to stay clinging to the same old meta..which will only get them so far. Refusing to adapt/grinding new toons/or changing their ways will bring them aggravation and frustration. Next step is them venting on the forums which 99.9% of them demand nerfs and don't even list their toons/gear and roster used.

I am brutally honest and will continue to call them out on why nerfs aren't needed. All pro-nerf people should be ridiculed and shamed for posting nonsense on these forums. It's one thing when people struggle and ask for help on how to beat something...it's another thing totally when they cry about toons and demand nerfs when they know very well the reason as to why they lose.
  • Teague wrote: »
    benacrow wrote: »
    I thought 99% of those nerf threads were jokes, none seemed serious to me. Kinda trolling.

So what about a Street Fighter player who invested thousands of hours into training and practicing a character who got nerfed?

They spend more money on average than SW:GoH players as well. Bought the game, then many go on to buy DLCs. Here, most play for free.

You can't compare a fighter game to a turn based strategy game. Street fighter takes skill, starcraft takes skill and this game is turnbased with 0 skill involved. "Nerfing" a character in an AAA title you bought for €60 doesn't mean it's unplayable. Nerfing characters here makes characers unplayable. Also you don't have payable content in an AAA title that loses value after 1 or 2 months that you do have here.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • That's because they don't know how to tweak characters. They outright make them super viable or super trash. Balancing would be like this toon gets 2% more potency, that one loses 3 speed or palpatine leadership is -30% dodge and potency instead of current 32%, etc... Not changing a skill or adding 15% damages (note those are also necessary in certain cases).

I'm sure those kind of tweaks would be acceptable to most players after investing gear on a toon. To me, nerfing toons is alright, as Teague explains.
  • I agree. Still, Wiggs needs a nerf!
  • @darkensoul Sorry but that is absolute nonsense. The meta is wiggs/landakin plus another of your choice. Saying ‘we feel’ is a bit presumptive for me as well. Saying its the best meta we’ve seen doesn’t make it good and isn’t much of a compliment at all, and IMO isn’t even true as wiggs/landakin is PURE cheese.

When you say the only route is to introduce more characters to the meta pool, this was one of my points…… i said i would prefer if they were nerfed to ugnaught levels cos i hate the characters but accepted thats not fair and won’t happen, so said that lateral nerfing is more likely and is how they will get rid of this meta.Point being that you are kind of agreeing with me that they are OP.

Also I’m not hoping aaaaaanything. devs have their plan with what they’re doing with wiggs and i don’t think what we say will make a sliver of difference to their plans.

@benacrow I agree nerfing is tough in this game because of the HUGE investment you put in and the way you are misled about the characters. But they create characters OP, and then nerf them once everyone is done spending on them. Thats how they do it. @fitz knows. When you say nerf people you don’t have to nerf them into the ground it just means reduce their power so they aren’t OP unbalanced characters. Some characters need nerfing. Or ’tweaking’ seeing as i am being forced to be politically correct so you can understand what I’m saying. Its ridiculous to say no toon should ever be nerfed when there will always be OP creations that need nerfing.

You all say i can’t beat them and that is my problem. I know for a fact that even with a huge mod disadvantage which i have fought against since mods arrived, IF I FARM ONE TOON AND I CAN OWN THEM IN A COUPLE WEEKS. still think they are far and away OP for the many reasons I’ve given if you cared to look. I’ve gone longer than 2 weeks not taking top spot before because i was farming toons to counter a new meta. Its fun climbing back to 500 crystals after changes, but these guys are an awful meta and they should never have been introduced. Go ahead and enjoy 20 second AOE battles for the next month. After the months done you will be bored and you will see that you are 5 years old inside. THE FACT THEY CAN BE BEATEN DOESNT MEAN THEY ARENT OP. And just for you guys to feel special - the fact you can’t beat a team obviously doesn’t mean they are OP

I’ve never had a big problem losing before, despite the other cheesy metas. can you not accept the point that I think they are 1. OP and 2. cheesy toons and just tell me i am wrong instead? No one explains why they aren’t OP, when I’ve just given endless reasons why they are. Calling toons unbaIanced and needing a nerf results in banishment without any discussion, its hilarious.

Sorry if you are hurt cos you farmed them/ are farming them, they will be nerfed at some point. because they are OP. They’ll still be good, they won’t kill them, but i imagine in a month or two they’ll no longer be OP and there will be several teams they won’t beat (I’d hope their damage output was reduced very significantly too). Thats how CG works. Hence why i want them to be nerfed RIGHT NOW because its a terrible/boring/strategyless meta, and they should not wipe out characters you spend months farming before they get a turn. Playing a meta team without a perfect counter should give you a fun battle with a decent RNG chance of beating them, not toons dead immediately. Right now, rather than in a month or two when we have to put with this rubbish in the meantime.

honestly these threads just make me think CG is running some of these accounts and protecting their precious meta…. hundreds of accounts some with unnaturally high post numbers (copy and pasting comments on different threads as well), my comments being weirdly changed…. people just muuuurdering me for saying he is OP which the team cleaaaarly is. And no one arguing why they’re balanced. No one actually reading. i have the same/more experience with the game as most people commenting.

Second ban inbound, I'll be back
  • Nerf this group now. Their members are too OP.
  • @darkensoul Sorry but that is absolute nonsense. The meta is wiggs/landakin plus another of your choice. Saying ‘we feel’ is a bit presumptive for me as well. Saying its the best meta we’ve seen doesn’t make it good and isn’t much of a compliment at all, and IMO isn’t even true as wiggs/landakin is PURE cheese.

When you say the only route is to introduce more characters to the meta pool, this was one of my points…… i said i would prefer if they were nerfed to ugnaught levels cos i hate the characters but accepted thats not fair and won’t happen, so said that lateral nerfing is more likely and is how they will get rid of this meta.Point being that you are kind of agreeing with me that they are OP.

Also I’m not hoping aaaaaanything. devs have their plan with what they’re doing with wiggs and i don’t think what we say will make a sliver of difference to their plans.

@benacrow I agree nerfing is tough in this game because of the HUGE investment you put in and the way you are misled about the characters. But they create characters OP, and then nerf them once everyone is done spending on them. Thats how they do it. @fitz knows. When you say nerf people you don’t have to nerf them into the ground it just means reduce their power so they aren’t OP unbalanced characters. Some characters need nerfing. Or ’tweaking’ seeing as i am being forced to be politically correct so you can understand what I’m saying. Its ridiculous to say no toon should ever be nerfed when there will always be OP creations that need nerfing.

You all say i can’t beat them and that is my problem. I know for a fact that even with a huge mod disadvantage which i have fought against since mods arrived, IF I FARM ONE TOON AND I CAN OWN THEM IN A COUPLE WEEKS. still think they are far and away OP for the many reasons I’ve given if you cared to look. I’ve gone longer than 2 weeks not taking top spot before because i was farming toons to counter a new meta. Its fun climbing back to 500 crystals after changes, but these guys are an awful meta and they should never have been introduced. Go ahead and enjoy 20 second AOE battles for the next month. After the months done you will be bored and you will see that you are 5 years old inside. THE FACT THEY CAN BE BEATEN DOESNT MEAN THEY ARENT OP. And just for you guys to feel special - the fact you can’t beat a team obviously doesn’t mean they are OP

I’ve never had a big problem losing before, despite the other cheesy metas. can you not accept the point that I think they are 1. OP and 2. cheesy toons and just tell me i am wrong instead? No one explains why they aren’t OP, when I’ve just given endless reasons why they are. Calling toons unbaIanced and needing a nerf results in banishment without any discussion, its hilarious.

Sorry if you are hurt cos you farmed them/ are farming them, they will be nerfed at some point. because they are OP. They’ll still be good, they won’t kill them, but i imagine in a month or two they’ll no longer be OP and there will be several teams they won’t beat (I’d hope their damage output was reduced very significantly too). Thats how CG works. Hence why i want them to be nerfed RIGHT NOW because its a terrible/boring/strategyless meta, and they should not wipe out characters you spend months farming before they get a turn. Playing a meta team without a perfect counter should give you a fun battle with a decent RNG chance of beating them, not toons dead immediately. Right now, rather than in a month or two when we have to put with this rubbish in the meantime.

honestly these threads just make me think CG is running some of these accounts and protecting their precious meta…. hundreds of accounts some with unnaturally high post numbers (copy and pasting comments on different threads as well), my comments being weirdly changed…. people just muuuurdering me for saying he is OP which the team cleaaaarly is. And no one arguing why they’re balanced. No one actually reading. i have the same/more experience with the game as most people commenting.

Second ban inbound, I'll be back

You got a big mouth!.....i see that second ban very soon!

STOP!!!.......No toon should be nerfed,i invested money and time in my roster!
    And if you dont like fighting wiggs team....then start grinding for them....get in line with the others.....if not ...stop playing!
    And yes,CG is protecting the meta....duh!
    Get real....its a company,they have to take care of it! Jeez

• Returnofthen00b13
    108 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I've answered what you just said and explained why it's not valid about 20 times over, I can't do any more unless you read it and answer me.

Yes I will use my big mouth as everyone uses on me. I haven't directly insulted anyone til they insulted me (the reverse is definitely not true) and when I say they I mean hoardes of people. Do you expect me to sit here and get insulted without throwing back? No I will KO you.

OP toons/teams that are far more powerful than others should be nerfed to balance the game. And they will be. That's crazy... I know what you're trying to say and I agree a toon shouldn't be made terrible after people commit to them, but balancing must happen always
  • I've answered what you just said and explained why it's not valid about 20 times over, I can't do any more unless you read it and answer me.

Yes I will use my big mouth as everyone uses on me. I haven't directly insulted anyone til they insulted me (the reverse is definitely not true) and when I say they I mean hoardes of people. Do you expect me to sit here and get insulted without throwing back? No I will KO you.

OP toons/teams that are far more powerful than others should be nerfed to balance the game. And they will be. That's crazy... I know what you're trying to say and I agree a toon shouldn't be made terrible after people commit to them, but balancing must happen always

We need OP toons!!!!!
    It has to be a difference between p2p and f2p....otherwise no point investing money in your roster!
    I wish they could ban people on theyre IP and not only accounts!
  • Right. If F2P could beat P2P 50% of the time, then why spend?
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Most F2P would probly feel they should be able to beat P2P every time. That's also the way the game currently works and people still spent to get the characters so empirically you are wrong. I have been taking number 1 F2P every day for the last month or two and it is easy.

Clearly it varies depending on your team/squads and if you don't have the best squad you wouldn't be at 50% but a max F2P guy who has put in a big commitment, plays to the max of F2P, and farmed the best squads should be able to beat a P2P with a fun RNG dependent battle. IMO 50% is a fair compromise.

If you are F2P and can't compete why play arena? F2P should be allowed to have fun in arena too it's not all about you.

Didn't insult or belittle your point just ate it alive, happy?
  • Honestly, at this point in the game balancing characters is close to impossible. Mods have pretty much made it so.

Premod - tanks were slow but "beefy". Protection and even the recent tweak to armor made them viable in arena. Glass cannons worked because they were fast - but easy to kill over time. Some healers even started to re-appear in arena.

Postmod - speed is all that matters. Fastest STHan (or Palp...or Wiggs...etc.) wins. Period. Good luck balancing that.

Put another way - balancing of characters isn't really impossible - it's irrelevant. Speed mods are pretty much all that matters (speed primary and secondary - not sets. Sets are irrelevant too.)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Honestly, at this point in the game balancing characters is close to impossible. Mods have pretty much made it so.

Premod - tanks were slow but "beefy". Protection and even the recent tweak to armor made them viable in arena. Glass cannons worked because they were fast - but easy to kill over time. Some healers even started to re-appear in arena.

Postmod - speed is all that matters. Fastest STHan (or Palp...or Wiggs...etc.) wins. Period. Good luck balancing that.

Put another way - balancing of characters isn't really impossible - it's irrelevant. Speed mods are pretty much all that matters (speed primary and secondary - not sets. Sets are irrelevant too.)

This for me ...whilst I think certain tweaks are sometimes necessary for balancing purposes especially to sort out synergies etc, mods are the real source of frustration for me at least, the speed we see now can't be working as intended? I expect they will wait for the new tier of mod which greatly increases other stats overcoming the speed problem we have now, when people move over to them

If they keep it speed rules in everything and you see t6/7 mods once in a blue moon with it on, watch out for the complaint threads on that!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

If this were true i would lose every single game against Wiggs because they are faster than my St Han. This isn't the case. Having the highest speed Han doesn't guarantee you the win, even in offense. Still i believe speed is the most important characteristic in the game, yes.

Now please can i get some arrow speed mods already? Please and thank you!
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I see Rex leads, EP leads, Lando leads and Wedge leads all top 10 on a Nov. shard. The meta is more diverse than it's ever been. Also, since the only 2 p2p characters worth anything out there atm are Rex and SunFac, the lines between f2p and p2p draw close. I've invested a few hundred over the past 10 months and i like the balance.

Mods...well, let's talk about mods. I do agree that secondary speed should b a % and not a straight #, otherwise it creates a disparity where characters that were intended 2 b slow gain exponentially on characters intended 2 b fast.

This game has always been a lottery. Do u talk smack at the guy in line ahead of u for buying $20 in Powerball tickets when u r only spending $2 ? Chromium Packs, farming nodes, mod challenges etc. Can u get 20 mil from Credit Heist while the next guy gets 3 mil ? Possible. Can u get 25 secondary speed on a mod while the next guy gets 3 speed. Yep. p2p isnt p2w, it just increases your odds of gearing faster, getting mods u want sooner, 7*'ing someone faster etc. It is exactly as it should be...encouraging u 2 invest but not making it impossible if u don't.

• I actually just came from responding to a thread similar to this to a degree.
    I'm relatively new to the game & was of the opinion & understanding this was a P2P, not a P2W & that P2P were basically paying to advance themselves a great deal faster, avoiding the arduous grind that F2P must endure as well as those few 'exclusive' toons (I believe Rex & Sun Fac(?) which gave the P2P an advantage of sorts.
    I also thought once those 'exclusive' toons were released in the F2P circuit a new premium toon would replace it. Is this not the case??
    As I said, I haven't been playing long. I don't mean to speak out of turn.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @Kohgahn You sir deserve a star. It's a progression curve. The problem is that p2p feel this curve should be really steep and really long. That's why most are happy with the mod situation and also why they don't like characters they have the jump on getting nerfed. As soon as everyone has catched up they will be quick to call for a change and that's when you start seeing megathreads being made. Then the devs go back to the drawing boards to look for new ways p2p can p2w. Or at least those have been my observations.
  • We should give the Pro-Nerfers Nerf Light Sabers. The rest of us can have real swords. Then we can have some fun! (:
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    They do, It's why the people asking for balance get trolled so much. Because the facts round here are seen as a joke. Wanna see a video of a full modded jawa squad critting for 5k on their specials? Contrast that with wiggs specials... You can say yeah but jawa but lets be honest. Biggs and wiggs were hardly guys any jedi would struggle to cut in half. The same could be said for RG who yoda knocks out with the flick of a wrist. This is a game, supposedly a strategy game, there should be balance, it's hardly surprising the meta emerges so quickly with OP toons being so blatently unbalanced. That is the divide, people who want strategy (balance) and people who just want to farm the winning (OP) combination.
  • I posted this 4 months ago, but nothing has changed so here. I don't agree that there should be no nerfs ever, balance will require them, but when nerfs do happen there should be options for the player.

Given the time and or money involved in acquiring content, anything that impacts that content in a negative way is let's say... unkind to players who invested in it. Yes, to keep the game healthy there will have to be balance change, this is the way of online games. However, these balance changes don't have to be so punishing to the player. There are plenty of examples but I will use this one. Enter Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, an online collection / card game by Blizzard.

Hearthstone has a similar collection mechanic in that getting content takes a large amount of time and or money, and Hearthstone also does semi frequent balance passes. The difference is that Hearthsone has a robust crafting system in place, and when a card is nerfed, for two weeks that card can be deconstructed into the components required to make an equally powerful card. Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes needs a system like this, and it needs it badly.

The SW:GoH shard shop could make this a real possibility, it just needs to be much more robust. It should offer all non-chromium / special (ie Vader/Han at the moment) characters in unlimited shard quantities. Characters should have a "disassemble" option at all times to destroy a character and return 1/4 of all credits spent on the character, shard shop currency equivalent to the ability to purchase 1/4 of the scrapped shards (also the shard conversion rate should be buffed to 1/4 to match this instead of the current 1/10), and all gear would be returned to the player inventory. When a character is nerfed, they should have a 100% efficiency disassemble active for 2 weeks after the nerf, allowing players holding nerfed characters to scrap them for 100% of the shards as shard shop currency and return 100% of the credits spent plus all gear to the player inventory.

A much more robust shard shop and a system to deal with disassembling characters allows for needed balance changes without hurting players.

tldr; I'm suggesting that when a character is nerfed, for two weeks players are given the option to scrap that character into components, returning all gear used and credits spent to the player inventory and giving the player shard shop currency equivalent to the shards used on the character. Also a more robust shard shop./b]
  • Nerf nerfherders