0 for 28

Prev1
SmokeyJoe320
931 posts Member
edited September 2016
I try really hard not to.complain out here but this one got me today....

I need.one pair of stun cuffs to complete a set. I just went 0 for 28 trying to sim that last pair. 0 FOR 28!!! What kind of RNG I'd that?? Stuff like this makes me want to p ut this game down way more than the unbalanced toons. You can always try to strategize to beat the meta teams but cant do anything about 0 for 28.... except spend money. SMH. O for 28

Replies

• I feel with you :( The RNG is very bad.
  • i agree, worst RNG ever
  • Yeh it does need increasing massive
  • I thought my 732 attempts for 50 stun cuffs a few month ago was bad but 0for28 sucks more
  • Oof 50 for 732. Ouch. It doesn't help that I need like 12 more pairs of cuffs like I'm sure everyone else does too
  • RNG is good sometimes, I got several of them just from farming a few blues/greens.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member

I need.one pair of stun cuffs to complete a set. I just went 0 for 28 trying to sim that last pair. 0 FOR 28!!! What kind of RNG I'd that?? Stuff like this makes me want to p ut this game down way more than the unbalanced toons. You can always try to strategize to beat the meta teams but cant do anything about 0 for 28.... except spend money. SMH. O for 28

This is actually more common thanbu think.
    @ 20% drop rate this means that one in 517 ppl experiences this.
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • I've found that, and this may be entirely a matter of perception, when I'm trying to farm the last one or two of anything (gear, shards), the drop rate falls to zero until I'm out of energy. Then, once I spend the crystals on a refresh, looky there! First sim and it drops exactly what I need. Again, I'm sure they wouldn't intentionally code the game that way, it must just be that I'm a crotchety old nerfherder.

• I've found that, and this may be entirely a matter of perception, when I'm trying to farm the last one or two of anything (gear, shards), the drop rate falls to zero until I'm out of energy. Then, once I spend the crystals on a refresh, looky there! First sim and it drops exactly what I need. Again, I'm sure they wouldn't intentionally code the game that way, it must just be that I'm a crotchety old nerfherder.

I've noticed similar but I think it is just us paying attention more when we get close to the full set. Today, I used my 120 energy on the 2 hard nodes, did my two crystal refills and used all of that on easy nodes of the cuffs. Not a single one. I didn't even sim a few at a time trying to save my energy. I did the max 20 sims, then 2 more. Still annoyed.
  • 2 more sims, no cuffs. I'm gonna keep a running tally and see how far it goes. This feels like a challenge now lol. 0 for 30 and counting....
  • Nerf the RNG
  • I try really hard not to.complain out here but this one got me today....

If you tried using the "find" button, that's why. You have to see where the cuffs are using find but then exit and go into the battle normally, which increases your drop rate. If you use "find" then the game KNOWS you want it, and will decrease the drop rate. And I'm not trolling, it couldn't be more true. Anyone notice this besides me?
  • DarthStycz wrote: »

If you tried using the "find" button, that's why. You have to see where the cuffs are using find but then exit and go into the battle normally, which increases your drop rate. If you use "find" then the game KNOWS you want it, and will decrease the drop rate. And I'm not trolling, it couldn't be more true. Anyone notice this besides me?

Dude! +1
    That's brilliant man, and it makes sense. I'm gonna start doing it that way, see if my RNG improves. Thanks for the tip!

I actually thought of this but thought I was being too tin foil hasty. I mean this would be a **** move by the devs if this was indeed the case. But nothing would surprise me.
  • Not for the first time. I've had some shockers on mk6 syringes recently. I'm tracking 6% on average in the last week.
  • I'd agree completely with the "find" function. Only reason I don't is because I don't think they have quite the technical skill for that level of coding, I mean come on, they're absolutely horrible about releasing new content bugged beyond recognition.

Dude! +1
    That's brilliant man, and it makes sense. I'm gonna start doing it that way, see if my RNG improves. Thanks for the tip!
    I've tried that months ago, and it seems that the drop rate is either unchanged or NOT lowered. But still, 0 out of 28 is the worst I've ever seen!

• SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Gonna try 2 more sims now (no find button used this time).... lets see what happens....

Nope! 0 for 32 and counting! At this point, I don't even know if I want them lol. I kinda want to see how far the streak goes.
  • Gonna try 2 more sims now (no find button used this time).... lets see what happens....

Nope! 0 for 32 and counting! At this point, I don't even know if I want them lol. I kinda want to see how far the streak goes.
    0 for 100. Come on you can do it! Quit the game when you get there.
  • Gonna try 2 more sims now (no find button used this time).... lets see what happens....

0 for 100. Come on you can do it! Quit the game when you get there.

Now I'm motivated! Triple digits, here I come!!
  • I'd agree completely with the "find" function. Only reason I don't is because I don't think they have quite the technical skill for that level of coding, I mean come on, they're absolutely horrible about releasing new content bugged beyond recognition.

That's because all their time goes into maxing profits...

This. I've been doing this since day one and it does make a difference. Spread the word.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ah poop... I got 2 lol. Just simmed 6 more and got 2 cuffs. So somewhere between attempt 32-37 I actually got a pair. I guess the 0 for 100 ain't happening
  • Maybe the devs are challenging themselves. Seeing how much they can pi$$ us off before we explode.
  • I support low drop rates. As long as they are low for everyone.
  • is93w07sjvrp.jpg
  • That's why you should always buy gear from shipments :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Zero, point, zero
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    For the record (for anyone farming cuffs).... level 7C has by far given me the best cuff drop rates (for the easy nodes that is). The level 8 nodes gave me virtually nothing in regards to cuffs
  • For the record (for anyone farming cuffs).... level 7C has by far given me the best cuff drop rates (for the easy nodes that is). The level 8 nodes gave me virtually nothing in regards to cuffs

7C doesnt give cuff