Galaxy of mod farming

Prev1
warmonkey
1314 posts Member
edited September 2016
With them using cantina energy I find I have nothing to do anymore in game besides get disappointed everyday at not finding decent mods.

Only toons left worth getting are in cantina but if I want to stay competitive in arena I have to farm mods. I farm them everyday and have yet to find one with speed over 10.

So since cantina mod farming as been not good I look at the shipments ones, but rarely do I see one selling for credits. And have never seen one for credits with potential for speed upgrades.

Also now for all events we need good mods, so of course more reason to not farm toons in cantina. Everyone I know who has quit has quit because of getting bored from farming and not getting even one decent mod. Game has become very very boring recently and gearing and leveling ugnaught does not sound like a good way to spend my time.

Also rex lead an fac in arena has become a pay wall and is incredibly frustrating to lose too everyday. Sure wish I could find some mods to help, but I haven't since they were released. At some point, I probably crossed it already, farming and hoping for a mod with plus 10 speed becomes the definition of insanity.

Replies

• first of all, dont spend your time on a game you think is boring. it doesnt make sense!!

when youre talking about a mod with speed are you talking about a primary or secondary? ive yet to see a mod with a +10 speed secondary but i have a few fully upgraded 1/2 dot health mods with 17/19 speed primaries. i think the 5 dot ones go all the way up to 30. if you really want mods wih speed primaries just farm the arrow nodes (unless you really want a 5 dot one. youre going to waste a lot of energy doing this bc the chances of getting it are slim to none lol)
  • licky wrote: »
    first of all, dont spend your time on a game you think is boring. it doesnt make sense!!

when youre talking about a mod with speed are you talking about a primary or secondary? ive yet to see a mod with a +10 speed secondary but i have a few fully upgraded 1/2 dot health mods with 17/19 speed primaries. i think the 5 dot ones go all the way up to 30. if you really want mods wih speed primaries just farm the arrow nodes (unless you really want a 5 dot one. youre going to waste a lot of energy doing this bc the chances of getting it are slim to none lol)

My bad. Been playing since Dec. In an advanced arena shard so ya has to be 4 or 5 star secondaries with plus 11 speeds or more. Anyone in an older shard like mine would know those are all that matter.
  • Every day I use cantina energy to try and get the type of mod I want and I can't get it. When I finally get that, I have to get one with the right primary. Estimated time to get arena team with good mods.. 12 years.
  • Join the queue mate .... Don't think I've ever seen a positive post on mod farming and I'm not about the break that habit :)
  • Buy from shipments, refresh cantina more, start over.
  • Yeah it's sad, I now use ancillary crystals on refreshing mod shipment, only to find the only desirable mods are always 3,000 crystals and the mediocre ones are either 2,000 crystals or 2 million credits.
  • Choices must be made.
  • I agree with the OP. I am a player from last December. I really need to farm for characters out of cantina, but at the same time, staying competitive in arena is killing me. All the stupid mod system is, is an arms race for speed. Nothing more, and I can't compete. I am facing teams filled with 200+ speed characters. The developers don't seem to even begin to understand how badly they broke the game with this mod system.

It's not that I hate the game and want to quit, but it feels like the developers stopped caring about fixing the problems. They break it more and more, then pat themselves on the back like they did something wonderful.
  • I don't expect mods to change. I don't farm them anymore because the math says I could go for years and not get the mods I want for a single toon. I take maybe a day to get decent 5 dot mods for a newly maxed toon. Getting 15-18 speed secondary stats on every one will never happen for me.

I understand 20% drop rates on purple gear, or 30% drop rates on shards. That's doable enough to try for. But making mods drop in such a way that 99.99% of what you get is garbage means that it's a part of the game I'm priced out of. I'm learning to live with that.
  • Choices must be made.
    That is soooo wise and helpful. You could just say what you mean: "we designed it like this so that players would get frustrated and buy crystal packs"

And that would work if the mods weren't so expensive. Lower the 3k crystal mods to 1400 like raid gear, and I guarantee more people would buy.

But alas. My voice will fall on deaf ears
  • I've generally not looked in the mod shop because all my resources go other places. So I used the challenges to get over 275 mods. All my toons have mods of some kinds. So now I am just looking for upgrades. The 5 dot challenges never drop speed mods. So I started looking in shipments for the past 2 weeks and have not seen one single mod with a speed primary... crystals or credits. All of my speed mods are from the first 2 days mods were released. Good times
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    licky wrote: »
    first of all, dont spend your time on a game you think is boring. it doesnt make sense!!

My bad. Been playing since Dec. In an advanced arena shard so ya has to be 4 or 5 star secondaries with plus 11 speeds or more. Anyone in an older shard like mine would know those are all that matter.

Old server too...

F2p since mods.

Do 100, 100, usu 200 for five star mods. Had never gotten speed 10+ secondaries. Hard to find speed 30 arrows. Got 3 in one day last week. Speed secondary on crit mods of 13,15, 16. None before and none since. Single digits.

Keep the RNG faith.

Hope for a couple good ones for you

But truth, Star Wars galaxy of mod farming. Word.

• I actually have so many plus 30 arrows I use them on my third team now lol
  • MadMalgus wrote: »
    Choices must be made.
    That is soooo wise and helpful. You could just say what you mean: "we designed it like this so that players would get frustrated and buy crystal packs"

And that would work if the mods weren't so expensive. Lower the 3k crystal mods to 1400 like raid gear, and I guarantee more people would buy.

But alas. My voice will fall on deaf ears

A few points :smile:
    1) BentWookiee wouldn't say "we" - he's a mod not a developer.

2) The mod shop also has mods that sell for credits....but again, choices must be made.

3) You can drop +30 speed mods in the mod challenges (that's how I got mine.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms, a few things for you to consider:

1. "We" is perfectly acceptable to use there when a representative from the company gives a response in a discussion forum dedicated to that company's products.
    2. That was addressed in the original post, your parroted answer is as useless as it was the first time when the company guy said it.
    3. The OP is looking for secondary stat speed mods at +11 and up, he's not getting them as drops or for purchase and is expressing a desire for change or information if there is something he is missing rather than just quitting.

As someone who has run games for a few sites, staff should thank him for a clear, concise, well-written post about an issue he feels strongly about, especially given the good responses to questions people asked him.
    I actually have so many plus 30 arrows I use them on my third team now lol

I meant I got three >10 speed secondaries in one day. And all I do is refresh cantina for mods.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Can't get all your toons to 200+? Me neither. What do I do? I get Rex to 200+. I get Phasma to 180+. I move 1st. I also intend to work on Poe later on with the danger zone squad. He goes 1st with 200+,the rest follows.

Like it's been repeated, choices have to be made.

Edit: Just wanted to add, I use my 2 100 crystal refreshes on mod challenges and the free energy on Wedge. I'm sure it's going to be harder for newer players but that's the way it rolls. I would obviously like a change but until then, choose wisely.
  • They definitely need to fix the speed farming in mods. I've seen +86 speed from mods in my shard, ridiculous....

Speed is all that matters
  • so all that said....

does anyone have a good answer to this?

where is the actual best place to find these +15 secondary speed mods?

I as well have yet to obtain any. My best is +10 secondary speed.
  • Wonder_breadz
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Stop spending ur credits if u can help it... save for purple or gold mods in shipments for credits. And cross ur fingers upon leveling it up. But even green mods with a secondary of speed will likely hit 10.... I've spent around 15 mil now there. And is quite easier now with the credit heist.
    But I've already quite a few mods with lots of speed (20,18,14,13, 11). And I have gotten screwed over quite a few times. But farming anakin took priority over farming mods.
  • Refresh the mod shop for 15 crystals a pop and buy any mod for credits that satisfies your needs. You're welcome :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • They definitely need to fix the speed farming in mods. I've seen +86 speed from mods in my shard, ridiculous....

Speed is all that matters

Try +118. Speed is the only thing that matters.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    Yeah it's sad, I now use ancillary crystals on refreshing mod shipment, only to find the only desirable mods are always 3,000 crystals and the mediocre ones are either 2,000 crystals or 2 million credits.

Those are really the ones worth buying though, 5 star mods at mk C+.
    I actually have so many plus 30 arrows I use them on my third team now lol

Well consider yourself lucky ... I farmed over 300 Mods until that Point (4 or 5 Stars) i look for Speedmods (Primary or secondary) in the shop everyday. I spend at least 2 refreshes a day only for Modchallenges.

I have never gotten a single speed mod! And i dont talk about good mods. I just talk about speed mods. Primary or secondary, i have only 1 mod with speed on it. +4 Speed on secondary ...

**** kidding me?!?!

Speed is the Meta and if you are unlucky like me you are in big troubles. Before Mods i used to stay in the top 20 or top 10. Now after mods i struggle to stay in the top 100. Just because there are many teams out there who got +60/70 speed on every charakter they use. Thats just stupid! And im years away from getting my first team equiped with speed mods.

But the best part is: I spend like 40 Million Credits just to level up Mods and then dumping them in the trashcan because they are nothing but ****. I put everything on hold for the Modhunt and its not paying of for me ...
  • Jimboe
    126 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I have farmed 400 mods, and still farming to find good mods.
    And until now i found 4 mods with primary 30 speed, 1 mod with secondary 20 speed. 1 mod with secondary 15 speed. It means 1% for +30 speed, 0,25% for +20 and +15 speed. I enjoy farming mod, looking for treasure from bunch of "trash".

mpmCzcG.png
    8v3qluj.png
    6RQDSSg.png
    jnVhYzy.png
    XlzKpRf.png
    Rv4x1e9.png
  • Till the new raid comes
  • Arena has reverted to become about speed again, but this time instead of having to farm fast toons you have to farm fast mods.

However, it is different in that with toon farming, f2p was maybe a month behind the whales. With the way speed mod primaries and secondaries drop, f2p has no chance to catch up.

Couple that with GW being a slog, Tier VII raid being a joke, and everything else can be completed on auto, the game is really mostly about habit and frustration at this point.
  • Should also add I can't wait for new raid. I got raid han awhile ago and he is maxed gear and level for awhile now (he is awesome btw). So now I am actively tanking my raid score so others in guild can get him which also means I am low on raid credits for farming toons in guild shop.

We want everyone to get or get as close to possible to raid han before new raid comes out so we won't have to choose between the new toon in new raid if there is one. Our higher level members will all want to move on for the mods in new raid so hopefully that won't cause a civil war.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    3) You can drop +30 speed mods in the mod challenges (that's how I got mine.)
    @Nikoms565
    That about says it all: That's also how I got mine. Note the singular. Out of 500 acquired mods.

But at least I have plenty mediocre-good-enough ones for my Raid team, my other Raid team (just in case there's a second battle), my Scoundrels, my special-event-team, my GW A-team, B-team (who are mostly watching the A-team finish GW, but just in case), GW cheerleaders team, Jabba the Hut and the waitress of the Cantina (yes she also wanted one!)

I'm not pretending some such should change or whatever is unfair, but I definitely add my little "+1" to the "getting bored" feeling, because I feel my whole gameplay now revolves on waiting for that special Mod, which I expect to be any day, wee, mon, year now. Thankfully, I celebrate that the "chores" have gone down by a whole lot too... I can't imagine I sometimes used to play GW for 2+ hours per day. Now that freed me so much more time to come participate in the nonsense on the forums! ;)
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/