F2P should win 50% of time against P2P? I don't think so.

Prev134567
ImYourHuckleberry
1421 posts Member
edited September 2016
P2P need to win more than 50% of the time against F2P. Otherwise, there is no incentive to spend if the odds remain even. Without P2P, this game can't survive, so if you like this game, you naturally would agree with me.

Edit:
I am assuming similar playing time, and skill.
what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
Post edited by ImYourHuckleberry on

Replies

• Options
    Where'd you get 50% from? Who cares if a f2p can beat a p2p? A huge majority of the top tier characters are farmable to both f2p and p2p players....
  • Options
    It's P2P, not P2W. You're not getting better heroes by paying money, you're just cutting out 4 or 5 months of farming. Pay 2 play, not pay 2 win.
  • Options
    also that would totally negate skill... there are plenty of pay to drive drivers in formula 1 for example. they don't get to win just cause they pay... quiet the opposite !!!
  • Options
    Maldonado as a prime example Darthpippa
  • Options
    @Goldy exactly.... though he did bring some excitement !
  • Options
    LMAO
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Statements like these are just way too easy to dismiss.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Darthpippa wrote: »

He def did, I kinda miss him. Can have all the money in the world but if you don't have the skill then ultimately you won't be the best.

• Options
    You're all missing the point, which is: if you take away any advantage for paying customers, and free players have an equal opportunity to beat a paying customer, then who in their right mind would spend money on this game? And without a revenue stream for EA/CG, guess what, there is no game, even for the free players.

Too many free customers want the same advantages as paying customers, which just doesn't make sense. So I made this post to call attention to this incorrect forum ideology.
  • Options
    Goldy wrote: »

He def did, I kinda miss him. Can have all the money in the world but if you don't have the skill then ultimately you won't be the best.

Can we just assume I'm speaking of 2 equally skilled players? The paying player should have an advantage over non paying ones.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    LMAO

LOLKKOL indeed.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You're all missing the point, which is: if you take away any advantage for paying customers, and free players have an equal opportunity to beat a paying customer, then who in their right mind would spend money on this game? And without a revenue stream for EA/CG, guess what, there is no game, even for the free players.

Too many free customers want the same advantages as paying customers, which just doesn't make sense. So I made this post to call attention to this incorrect forum ideology.

Yeah and if p2p won everything, then all f2p will stop playing, then how good would the game be? Big picture... EA understands that. Whales will always pay to get the 2 month jump on f2p, the devs let f2p catch up, then release new content for the p2p to pay for an advantage again. That is by design.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Without f2p there is no game either buddy. And if the past has taught us anything it´s that f2p will always catch up and spending money only gives a temporary advantage. Mods are a great oppertunity for p2p players to maximize their advantage, and yes f2p whine about that alot. But is there anything people don´t whine about on this forum? lol
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This is isn't designed to be PTW. Its more of designed to be get things faster and early that's about it. Which is working for CG as it seems.

Side note PTP does have an advantage as soon as a new meta character appears as they gear/level and star them way before FTP can.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Without f2p there is no game either buddy. And if the past has taught us anything it´s that f2p will always catch up and spending money only gives a temporary advantage. Mods are a great oppertunity for p2p players to maximize their advantage, and yes f2p whine about that alot. But is there anything people don´t whine about on this forum? lol

I think the current mod set up is perfect. There are chances for f2p to have top mods, but there is a clear advantage to p2p/p2w. Perfect! But many are not happy with mods, and I mean many.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Last time I checked Sun Fac & Rex are doing quite well in the arena, maybe Rex will be farmable next month, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Last time I checked Sun Fac & Rex are doing quite well in the arena, maybe Rex will be farmable next month.

Right, which is a good thing. I only brought it up because of the seemingly entitled point of view that think something along the lines that a rex or a sun fac should be free.
  • Options
    If you spend 100s to get the p2p characters and keep losing then you arent doing it right. Players with Sun Fac and Rex naturally have an advantage. Wedge, Leia, Aayla. Before those three became f2p players who bought them dominated pvp. For the first time since release, F2p can be equal to p2p. So 8-9months of patience has paid off. Now those who have a better understanding of the game mechanics will dominate regardless of whether they spent money or not.
  • Options
    I think you're also overlooking an important point that makes your entire argument invalid. Regardless of how much someone spends to make their team, when it's 2 long term level 80 players, both of their teams will be well modded to each player's liking and to the best of their ability. Sure a p2p player has better access to better mods which is perfectly fine but at the end of the day it's gonna be an AI controlling that p2p team and if you think the AI should treat a p2p team better than a f2p team then you're very misguided. The only thing spending will help with is to speed up the farming process. It doesn't give you an "I Win" button. It doesn't make you special. It doesn't make you superior to every f2p. It just gives you a head start and allows you to move at a quicker pace.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Can we just assume I'm speaking of 2 equally skilled players? The paying player should have an advantage over non paying ones.

They do. Just not forever. That's WAI. P2P players that think they have a permanent advantage are as mistaken as for f2p players that think they should be able to compete.

The p2p gain a temporary advantage - which gives f2p an incentive to spend a little to "catch up". The temporary advantage of p2p starts to dwindle...giving them incetive to spend more/again...to pull ahead...for a while. Rinse. Repeat. Profit. Absolutely WAI.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    If you spend 100s to get the p2p characters and keep losing then you arent doing it right. Players with Sun Fac and Rex naturally have an advantage. Wedge, Leia, Aayla. Before those three became f2p players who bought them dominated pvp. For the first time since release, F2p can be equal to p2p. So 8-9months of patience has paid off. Now those who have a better understanding of the game mechanics will dominate regardless of whether they spent money or not.

Finally, someone with a brain. This games old enough now that some of the F2P have even been able to farm Rex and Sun Fac purely from arena crystals. When the next round of decent aurodium and chromium toons rolls around, P2P will have their advantage back.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

They do. Just not forever. That's WAI. P2P players that think they have a permanent advantage are as mistaken as for f2p players that think they should be able to compete.

The p2p gain a temporary advantage - which gives f2p an incentive to spend a little to "catch up". The temporary advantage of p2p starts to dwindle...giving them incetive to spend more/again...to pull ahead...for a while. Rinse. Repeat. Profit. Absolutely WAI.

I actually agree with this. The cycle just needs to be long enough, and effective, not like GSpy.
  • ImYourHuckleberry
    1421 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »

Finally, someone with a brain. This games old enough now that some of the F2P have even been able to farm Rex and Sun Fac purely from arena crystals. When the next round of decent aurodium and chromium toons rolls around, P2P will have their advantage back.

WAI, except for the failure of GSpy, the next leg of advantage.
  • Options
    Ftp droids win 100% of the time against p2p. Suck it up son.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    System is WAI. I'm P2P. I don't expect to beat everyone. What I did gain was time. I was able to sit on top of my shard for a long time (and still do), because I got ahead with energy refreshes, farming, and chromium toons. You will always have a 'time' advantage over F2P. What you do with that time advantage is up to you. If a P2P gets ahead, builds a great team and sits at the top of the arena -- then spends the next two months playing around with Tusken shaman, UrorourururURUuRURUURRUURUrRURUu and tusken raider team and a nightsister team, then you should expect your F2P counterparts to catch you and beat you.
  • Options
    lol. what a funny thread. i never take these threads serious.
  • Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Ftp droids win 100% of the time against p2p. Suck it up son.

Barley Rex lead.
  • Options
    after reading from top to bottom, i assume op worried about if either rex sun fac goes farmable
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    I actually have never read where it says P2P are supposed to win more often. Is that in the ToS? If not then EA is guaranteeing nothing for spending money. The obvious advantage of getting gear/toons/mods faster enabling you to camp at the top of arena for a bit is one reason people spend. But if they don't spend wisely that's their fault.

People will also spend just to collect toons. People will spend to finish a toon they've been working on forever. People spend to get a team together for an event. There are many reasons people spend besides dominating arena without having to work as hard for it.

The game has been going along pretty well as is ($100,000+ daily) with the advantage of spending thousands being short, and razor thin over free/low spending players. EA has said before they analyze data for this kind of thing. They can easily pinpoint the sweet spot for making the most money. They've been doing well so far, so don't expect any added benefit over free players.
  • Options
    Troll is troll.

My favorite part is the use of P2P. What OP is asking is Pay 2 Win. P2W. But OP is delusional. He doesn't even want to PLAY since he just wants to spend enough money to get the Dubyas.
This discussion has been closed.