IG-88 needs a buff

I know he's a glass cannon. But he's way too fragile. At lv60 4* gear VII he could barely take 2 hits in the arena. The dmg he can dish out currently doesn't seem to justify his spot...

Not to mention his critical-based dmg is overshadowed largely by Sid... He has a bit of an identity crisis.

Agree/disagree?

Replies

• Options
    I agree, my IG88 isn't as high geared or leveled as yours but he can get wasted very quickly by just a few attacks. I wanted him originally as an alt to Sid but I found the hard way he's nowhere near as good.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    IG-88 can pump out OUTRAGEOUS amounts of damage on the right team. He SHOULD be squishy.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    hellz no buff ig88 if you have a full droid team and imagine ig88 has 10-11k hp he would be a absolute nightmare
  • Options
    You need a taunter with IG88...

He doesn't need change, you need strategy...
  • Options
    Definitely does not need a buff. You need to wait for him to get 6 or 7*. I have him at 7* and his AoE can just straight up cripple teams. He also has the best damage passive in the game and it scales very well(another 15% crit damage at lvl 62).
  • Options

• Options
    The term "Glass Cannon: kind of implies "squishy".
  • Options
    Top_Quark wrote: »

I have a taunter. Have you ever faced a 88 and have any problems taking him down before he even gets to move? Can you say the same for Leia and pilot?

Elia and tie pilot don't have an insane AOE attack, IG88 can AOE crit a whole team for 7k.
    If you fight an ig88 team with a poe I doubt you can take ig88 down before poe taunts.
  • Options

He can be taken out easily with 2-3 AOE hits from the opposing team.
  • Options

I have a taunter. Have you ever faced a 88 and have any problems taking him down before he even gets to move? Can you say the same for Leia and pilot?

Elia and tie pilot don't have an insane AOE attack, IG88 can AOE crit a whole team for 7k.
    If you fight an ig88 team with a poe I doubt you can take ig88 down before poe taunts.

You're describing a best case scenario number which takes all buffs/debuffs are on position for 88s aoe. His pure numbers are not 7k. You can put in Leia or Pilot in any team comp and you'll be fine. For 88 to be able to do anything, everything has to work around him and go in order. This makes him a very low threat defense. Whenever I use him people start to hit me down. He's supposed to be a high dodge high damage attacker which is slow. He has ZERO dodge.

7k is pretty rare, but 5k certainly happens a good amount of the time. You really don't need much to go right. Once the Poe taunt goes off(will usually happen unless the other guy has a Poe), then everything will fall into place because the Sid AoE will pretty much always debuff a few people.
  • Options
    Thundergod wrote: »
    7k is pretty rare, but 5k certainly happens a good amount of the time. You really don't need much to go right. Once the Poe taunt goes off(will usually happen unless the other guy has a Poe), then everything will fall into place because the Sid AoE will pretty much always debuff a few people.
    That was what I counted on when I rotated him into my team alongside Sid, Vader and Chewie. But what tends to happen most of the time is Chewie isn't fast enough, so if IG gets hit just once before the taunt goes up and gets hit by an AOE afterwards, he's toast(er). See what I did there?

So chances are he'll only get to use his AOE once, and bow out of the fight. Especially since if the opponent has Lumi on the team. If both Sid and IG used their AOEs, then there's no health block on their team. We're back to square one and likely missing one member.

Hardly seems worth it.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

He can be taken out easily with 2-3 AOE hits from the opposing team.

This only means that even with a taunt he still a has a weakness.. Good.
  • Options
    I know he's a glass cannon. But he's way too fragile. At lv60 4* gear VII he could barely take 2 hits in the arena. The dmg he can dish out currently doesn't seem to justify his spot...

Not to mention his critical-based dmg is overshadowed largely by Sid... He has a bit of an identity crisis.

Agree/disagree?

When you have Poe+Poggle it is almost impossible for the enemy to pick IG88 off before it uses its AoE. And once a Poggle'd IG88 uses its AoE, most of the opfor is down to 40% health and really doesn't matter if it dies at that point. It definitely doesn't need a buff nor a nerf.
  • Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Sigh. Poe/poggle/Sid/ig86. Watch what happens.

I just seen it, one dead fo officer and a nearly dead lumi before i even get an attack off. Tried you on an all attack team and lost, had to break out the healers.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    Heronmar wrote: »
    When you have Poe+Poggle it is almost impossible for the enemy to pick IG88 off before it uses its AoE. And once a Poggle'd IG88 uses its AoE, most of the opfor is down to 40% health and really doesn't matter if it dies at that point. It definitely doesn't need a buff nor a nerf.
    Like I said, That would mean IG88 and Sid don't get to put heal immunity on anyone. 40% health can be easily restored to near-full if they have Luminara. And now I'm one member down.

I face the Poe/Poggle/IG88/Sid combo in Arena all the time. It's the reason I switched out my own IG88 and Dook.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    he could live with another 1-2k health, but don't adjust his damage numbers or abilities. He is very strong when alive.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Like I said, That would mean IG88 and Sid don't get to put heal immunity on anyone. 40% health can be easily restored to near-full if they have Luminara. And now I'm one member down.

I face the Poe/Poggle/IG88/Sid combo in Arena all the time. It's the reason I switched out my own IG88 and Dook.

If you see him all the time, then how is it you think it needs a buff? If a lot of people uses him, it seems like he's ok.
    I use IG88 in my droid team, I think he works fine. Dure, he can be tsken out, but that means you are not shooting other squishy droid. And he's taken out for a reason, his AOE is the strongest in game in the right team