Awful graphics

Hey, since the graphics here are tiny, and all the extra trash flying around on various sets is just so much static on my screen, I went looking for a way to slim down to resource drain... And there isn't one?

I'm not playing this game for the half-baked graphics, which I am sure look great on the full size screens you create them on, but I want to turn them down to minimal levels now. No windswept hair, no animations when abilities proc, I just want to play the game faster and save battery and processing power. I'd really like to skip the tableaux scene at the beginning of battles I have played more than a few times as well.

Is there a way to do any of this stuff that has been available in every good game I have ever played? Am I just missing a spot in settings next to the audio shutoff panel?

Oh, and if you, as a player love the graphics, congratulations. Please help me find a way to send you my extra unwanted pixels.

Thanks!

Replies

• I think the graphics are awful too. Awfully good! They did an awesome job with this game.
  • Lol... go away
  • Ok, I'm going to reply under the assumption that you aren't trolling.

This isn't a computer game. There are no graphics sliders to tone down graphics.

Also, they did an extraordinary job with the graphics in this game. It's easily one of the best graphical triumphs of any mobile game of all time.

What is going on?
  • The graphics are the one thing they do really well in this game.
  • I explained it in my post, I'm just looking for a way to reduce the amount of crud floating about so I can see more clearly what is actually important, and reduce all of the wasted processing power, heat, loading times, etc for my device.

If you like the graphics, good for you, but the animations make it hard for me to actually catch messages as the come up thru gameplay. If I could turn it to text only, I would.

I was just hoping the game had basic controls for customising it to my preferences, I'd like a bigger font and an unbroken chat, too. I'm just trying to enjoy the game, same as you do; we just care about different aspects of the game.

The graphics are choppy and patchy, they skip and look like they have static, so if that is what it looks like to you, and you think that's great, more power to you. I would rather play the game more smoothly than look at blotchy stuff blow around the screen and wait for it to finish loading another tableaux it is going to force me to sit through between stages in a battle I have played many times.

• -_-

This is not a PC game. Plus I have a little Iphone 5C screen and it looks just fine on my little screen
    I just played a match and I can't put my finger on what is bothering you.
  • Are you playing the same game as everyone else?
  • DroidsURLooking4
    365 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Have you recently cracked your phone screen? Or, have you recently taken your phone dirtbiking, and it fell out of your pocket, and some of the mud has dried on the screen? Or, did you accidently drop your phone into a jello mold during preparation of said jello and not find it until dessert time after dinner?

Just curious.
  • Quixotic wrote:
    I'm just looking for a way to reduce the amount of crud floating about so I can see more clearly what is actually important...

... the animations make it hard for me to actually catch messages as they come up thru gameplay...

... I'm trying to enjoy the game, same as you do; we just care about different aspects of the game...

...The graphics are choppy and patchy, they skip and look like they have static, so if that is what it looks like to you, and you think that's great, more power to you.

Mildly edited for clarity. If you like choppy graphics that have second long black screens and think static and visual noise look great... Well good for you; I would rather strip down the "awesome" and have it play better.
    That is why I posted the problem I am having and asked if anyone knew a simple way to fix it, it's what you are supposed to do.

• DroidsURLooking4
    365 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Quixotic wrote: »
    Quixotic wrote:
    I'm just looking for a way to reduce the amount of crud floating about so I can see more clearly what is actually important...

... the animations make it hard for me to actually catch messages as they come up thru gameplay...

... I'm trying to enjoy the game, same as you do; we just care about different aspects of the game...

...The graphics are choppy and patchy, they skip and look like they have static, so if that is what it looks like to you, and you think that's great, more power to you.

Mildly edited for clarity. If you like choppy graphics that have second long black screens and think static and visual noise look great... Well good for you; I would rather strip down the "awesome" and have it play better.
    That is why I posted the problem I am having and asked if anyone knew a simple way to fix it, it's what you are supposed to do.

In all seriousness, have you considered temporarily installing the app on someone else's phone, and then opening up your account on it to see if you get the same visual results? If the results are starkly different, the issue may be with your phone. If the results are the same as what you are seeing now on your phone, then I'd say you are stuck with it.
  • Yeah, my friends were playng but quit after awhile because there are so many technical problems. Among them, the inability to adjust graphics and the fact that the game screws up other apps if they are running at the same time... The game is fun when it works right, and the easiest way to fix a lot of game problems is reduce graphic load. Even Flash games created by third graders have a "Low graphics" option.
  • Dude has to be trolling game runs great. If your really having problems it might be time to upgrade to a phone from this decade.
  • Time to upgrade that phone buddy
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Quixotic wrote: »
    I explained it in my post, I'm just looking for a way to reduce the amount of crud floating about so I can see more clearly what is actually important, and reduce all of the wasted processing power, heat, loading times, etc for my device.

If you like the graphics, good for you, but the animations make it hard for me to actually catch messages as the come up thru gameplay. If I could turn it to text only, I would.

I was just hoping the game had basic controls for customising it to my preferences, I'd like a bigger font and an unbroken chat, too. I'm just trying to enjoy the game, same as you do; we just care about different aspects of the game.

The graphics are choppy and patchy, they skip and look like they have static, so if that is what it looks like to you, and you think that's great, more power to you. I would rather play the game more smoothly than look at blotchy stuff blow around the screen and wait for it to finish loading another tableaux it is going to force me to sit through between stages in a battle I have played many times.

buy an iPad?

Looks great on my 10 inch screen
  • Quixotic wrote: »
    I explained it in my post, I'm just looking for a way to reduce the amount of crud floating about so I can see more clearly what is actually important, and reduce all of the wasted processing power, heat, loading times, etc for my device.

buy an iPad?

Looks great on my 10 inch screen

This. Although I hate how the characters screen isn't 6 across like my phone
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!