Asking For A Character To Be Nerfed...

Replies

• Around 20 are important. Phasma, Ren,Dooku, Lumi and Vader

That's a terrible line up.
  • I've seen countless threads in the last couple months about character downgrades a.k.a. Nerfing. All characters are fine as is. A few require bug fixes but, that's it.

If someone has a problem with a character its because they don't know how to counter it. That or they are just too weak at the moment to be able to. Continue to refine your strategy and not call for any more ridiculous weakening of characters.

You've never fought a team of 7* FOTP, Poe, and Leia, have you? The only way to beat that team is to use the same team.

I have fought that team before, it is a good team but not that hard to beat.
    My line up is just a farmable heroes, if you can survive the first round without losing more than 2 heroes then you still got a very good chance to win.

But, yes, fotp high hp annoy me, it shouldn't be that high. If there is something to be fixed, please look at fotp hp other than that it is nothing to worry about.
  • It has worked well so far.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    These asinine Poe/Phasma/FOO/FOTP turn-meter manipulation teams need to be nerfed.
    Hard.
    Now.
    There is no counter to half your team being dead before you can do anything.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I've seen countless threads in the last couple months about character downgrades a.k.a. Nerfing. All characters are fine as is. A few require bug fixes but, that's it.

If someone has a problem with a character its because they don't know how to counter it. That or they are just too weak at the moment to be able to. Continue to refine your strategy and not call for any more ridiculous weakening of characters.

Hmm, I somewhat disagree.

In any game where there are diverse stats to create "unique" gameplay, there will ALWAYS be something that fills the spot of being OP.

That being said, nerfs/buffs are more often based on performance statistics that devs can measure, rather than the perception that people making complaints forces the changes. While forum complaints may bring attention to a concern, and will cause the Devs to investigate, it doesn't necessarily force them to make the change. As they said during Barriss Gate, the Devs saw the character overperforming, and they chose to make corrections, as well as buffing other characters without our request. The only factor that the forums influenced thereafter, was the compensation package for those who were "wronged" by purchasing during the certain time period.

On Android, this game has 5 million downloads. Yet, the forum only has a few thousand posts. I would be hard pressed to think that a small percentage of players in forums would fully drive the Devs nerf/buff decisions, versus that of performance metrics.

While I have an "adapt and overcome" personality; us having alternate methods to deal with adversity, doesn't mean the adversity doesn't exist and shouldn't be addressed, if possible.
  • The devs are not omnicient and can make mistakes when choosing the initial numbers for a character. What appears good on paper might be too strong in reality.

Nerfs and buffs are essencial to creating a metagame that is balanced and diverse. To refuse to change heroes after they are released is a surefire way to allow power creep to rule the game. E.G. Character X can 1 shot non-tanks, so now all new characters need to have more life and all old characters are useless.
  • I would just like to say that regardless of what we all believe in regards to nerfing characters we really need to leave the topic alone because even the people at ea and gc have said them selves that the game is still developing and more characters are coming and honestly the game hasn't even been out long enough for all the charters to be obtained and every possibility to be explored and like chess you can't play the game correctly without all the pieces so let's lay of the characters for a while and let's see what happens and let's get things that really need to be fixed first
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    True dat!
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    When I read a post about "please nerf xxxxx" I really auto-translate it into "I need help, can you check what I did wrong"? When I read 40 threads like "I hate Leia's 4x" I smile in consent and know I can't help him/her.

I think CG has become very savvy and will not again do any change without allowing months to go and stats to backup any character change. So no need to worry about nerf requests
  • I agree with you because I haven't seen them touch one post on nurfing because I believe that know what is really going on and once the new characters come out it will be 20 more threads of all the new characters that are op lol
  • The moment they start nerfing is the moment this game will lose its glory. I hope the devs realize that.
  • @Powerlifter450 its not fair to condemn someones opinions if you havent experieneced what they are saying. Now on to Poe, hes just too good and too fast in comparison to other taunts. Its either they reduce his speed to be inline with other taunts or increase the speed on other taunts. Its so sad that in order for me to beat a Poe in my shard i had to go unlock a 3* poe and hope mine went b4 his.
  • +1...

Do you need a list of crying babies in this forum?
  • Star Wars Galaxy of Poe!
  • I don't know what other characters can do this but I have mace and his ability makes every taunt useless and yes the exposure does hurt but that's why I have a tank myself to give my people some breathing room also lumi is the fastest healer so wouldn't be bad to try her
  • I don't know what other characters can do this but I have mace and his ability makes every taunt useless and yes the exposure does hurt but that's why I have a tank myself to give my people some breathing room also lumi is the fastest healer so wouldn't be bad to try her

The taunt is actually the least powerful part of the whole thing.
  • As being an f2p player and staying in the 20-30 in my boards I run across teams that demolish me just the way you people described but I'm not crying for nerfs I have come to terms with the fact that even though some of these characters are the same stars level gear as me they are destroying me because they paid for those good characters and if I want to beat them I'm eventually going to have to join them because you know what they say if you can't beat em join em lol
  • But this is the point Poe is not the problem no matter how you look at it people say Poe is too strong or no it's Poe with phasma that makes them too good and so on and so forth regardless these characters are beatable together and the only reason I get beat by them is because I can't get characters I need right now that would improve my team tremendously because at lower levels you can out strategize these terms but the fact is they are the top of the list characters and will out class me or anyone not on their bracket of characters
  • There will always be OP chars regardless of what they do. Nerfing chars will only make the meta shift and more $ in for the next premium packs. That's it.

Nerf Op chars-> making other chars relatively Op-> nerf->... That goes on forever.
  • But the point is they are not op it's not just one character that's being complained about it's them being used together which surprise they work well together oh wait another surprise that's how the game works and the reason more people are using them is because it's easier to build the exact same team than actually finding a way to win which can be done I have done it and so have others
  • Mark my words in the future when new characters come out there will be 20 more posts that will be exactly like this and on top of that people complain about phasma team and in the same breath complain about barriss ? how can any of these complaints be validated my suggestion is since we have a pretty even number of people on both sides a ask the developers because I'm sure some are regular players and what are their opinions because ultimately the decision is up to them my personal opinion this is exactly how the game is supposed to work and I can't wait to see new characters and new synergys as I said before this game is still growing and I see great potential
  • uFVZqpG.jpg
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    There might always be OP topics where most of them don't need to be nerfed there is a serious problem with Poe, Leia and FoTP. Not only their speed makes them to always go first, Leia and FotP kill anything on sight. How is it that before my own turn (when facing that team + 2 random toons) I lose the 2 highest hp chars (15k hp barriss and 10k lumi), which means 2 toons did 25k single target damage in round 1 so you lost by default.
    My turn starts with 3 toons alive, enemy team has the Leia buff and all toons full hp (Leia in stealth, FoTP at high hp with only 3 toons to "dmg" him).
    I use FoTP myself as well and I deal 7k dmg per consecutive hit so 21k if he procs 3x.

People complaining about Dooku his counterattack which deals 2-3k damage vs 7k per hit of FotP. You do the math, it's not right.
    Only way to counter is to have the exact same team which is the definition of OP. I haven't seen a team that can counter this. If you know of a way where 3 toons beat 5, please tell me.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Surely if certain characters are taking you out or whatever, the logic would be to go out and get that God **** character instead of being a big girls blouse and throwing their toys out the pram and calling for a nerf when it really isn't necessarily the correct thing to do, go out and play the game and get the (what's currently considered) the stronger characters in the game and stop crying.
  • Ok so if you go to the official swgoh site and look at the characters stat chart I'm not sure if it's going by the 60g or 70 cap it says barriss has 19k hp maxed out and there are at least 5 others right behind her with 18k 17k and one is a tank (oppress ) who I know for a fact has high def as well also old Ben is one but you expect people to believe that fotp which if he attacks 3 times for about 3900 each which is a little over 12k and Leia if she attacks 2 times for about 2500 each which is about 5000 are over powered lol all these stats are on ea site not that hard to do some simple math people
  • First off, i love the people posting gifs/memes in this thread. What a great ever devolving society when people just post dumb pictures in response to something. *sigh*...kids these days.

As for the whole nerfing characters, I don't support nerfing characters since it jerks over the time and effort spent in getting the character. Bugged me when I was playing Destiny and they'd nerf weapons.
  • Ok I will ask another question for further preparation...After POE, who will be next?

Do not say LEILA noob....faced 7* of her everyday and she is bad (she is good if you go offence)...
    FOTP? Can you farm him into 7* before asking him to be nerfed?

Come on give me insight kids....
  • As you know, Android users have been asking for a nerf on our Poe. We, IOS users, did not ask for a nerf on their Phasma when she came out. We must do something before they get what they want. This game would not be balanced, fair, and blah blah blah if our Poe gets nerf.

My suggestion: nerf every single toon whose name is First Order blah blah blah and who is categorized as FO

P/s: it turned out we got better deal, LOL and they are jealous
  • I don't quite understand how Poe belongs to IOS and Phasma belongs to Android. Newsflash, they are both farmable for f2p players!
  • You have no right to claim someone as "Android or iOS" user, sorry to burst your bubble but this thread isn't saying much.