Plo Koon?

Apoc88
259 posts Member
edited September 2016
Whats your guys thoughts on Plo? His basic dispels so great against taunts or any buffs really, has an AoE that inflicts offense down, provides team with defense up for a number of turns while also giving TM. I feel like the offense down mixed with defense up could be a pretty good combo to keep your guys alive the first couple turns. Seems like he could be pretty useful as support. I just don't see much of him. Anyone have him maxed and thoughts on him? I feel he'd be good on a IGD lead team against AoE teams with taunts

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Works well enough in a clone team. People will likely tell you there are better dispel characters.
  • I have used him in a clone/ Jedi team and I like him a lot... Rex (L), Anakin, Aayla, Fives and Plo.

He's a solid character in the right setup and seems under-appreciated for his utility. Once you max him out and omega his skills he is very useful... Especially against the aoe teams a lot of people are running nowadays.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    ApE does crap damage for a low (compared to others) chance for the offence down and the worst leader ability in the game. Other than that he's fine
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Let's review:

Quelling Blow – Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel a random positive status effect on them. If an effect is dispelled, Plo Koon gains Defense Up for 3 turns.

R: A joke. Defense up for a tank without taunt makes no sense. The dispel only removes 1 random buff, so, if you hit a tank with taunt and 1+ buffs, there is no guarantee that will remove the taunt (RNG smiles to you). Remove defense bonus and make his dispel remove all buffs and will be great.

Force Judgment – Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 55% chance to inflict Offense Down for 2 Turns.

R: This is the only useful skill.

Take Charge – All allies gain Defense Up for 4 Turns. Clone allies also gain 50% turn meter.

R: Defense up is "ok", but the power of this skill is the TM boost. Clones are most benefited by the leadership of Rex or JKA. Make this TM boost apply to Jedis too and we have a great skill, improving his synergy.

Overwatch – Each ally has a 50% chance to remove Stealth from each enemy at the start of their turn. If they dispel any enemies, they gain Offense Up for 1 Turn.

R: This is the worst leader skill of the game. It is so terrible that I do not even know how to improve it.
  • Let's review:

Quelling Blow – Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel a random positive status effect on them. If an effect is dispelled, Plo Koon gains Defense Up for 3 turns.

R: A joke. Defense up for a tank without taunt makes no sense. The dispel only removes 1 random buff, so, if you hit a tank with taunt and 1+ buffs, there is no guarantee that will remove the taunt (RNG smiles to you). Remove defense bonus and make his dispel remove all buffs and will be great.

Force Judgment – Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 55% chance to inflict Offense Down for 2 Turns.

Take Charge – All allies gain Defense Up for 4 Turns. Clone allies also gain 50% turn meter.

R: Defense up is "ok", but the power of this skill is the TM boost. Clones are most benefited by the leadership of Rex or JKA. Make this TM boost apply to Jedis too and we have a great skill!

Overwatch – Each ally has a 50% chance to remove Stealth from each enemy at the start of their turn. If they dispel any enemies, they gain Offense Up for 1 Turn.

R: This is the worst leader skill of the game. It is so terrible that I do not even know how to improve it.

Except you're missing the omega abilities. Basic gives 50% chance to remove all positive status effects. Force judgement is offense down for 3. The chance is pretty low though.. Take charge grants TM to other allies as well. His leader is crap. Maybe the least useful leader ability in the game.
  • Apoc88 wrote: »
    Let's review:

R: Defense up is "ok", but the power of this skill is the TM boost. Clones are most benefited by the leadership of Rex or JKA. Make this TM boost apply to Jedis too and we have a great skill!

Except you're missing the omega abilities. Basic gives 50% chance to remove all positive status effects. Force judgement is offense down for 3. The chance is pretty low though.. Take charge grants TM to other allies as well. His leader is ****. Maybe the least useful leader ability in the game.

Oh, you're right. I just saw on another site. The basic still bad (RNG smiles to you). Take Charge give to other allies gain half that amount. It is little to justify Plo Koon in the composition. Why not apply the full bonus?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Apoc88 wrote: »
    Let's review:

Except you're missing the omega abilities. Basic gives 50% chance to remove all positive status effects. Force judgement is offense down for 3. The chance is pretty low though.. Take charge grants TM to other allies as well. His leader is ****. Maybe the least useful leader ability in the game.

Oh, you're right. I just saw on another site. The basic still bad (RNG smiles to you). Take Charge give to other allies gain half that amount. It is little to justify Plo Koon in the composition. Why not apply the full bonus?

With omega, if the taunter has 2 buffs you have a 75% chance to remove the taunt.

If the taunter has 3 buffs, you have a 67% chance to remove the taunt.

If the taunter has 4 buffs, you have a 62.5% chance to remove the taunt.

I'll stop there. Yeah it's a bit RNG but usually the taunter will have at most 2 buffs.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I am planning to run Plo in a IGD counter group. His dispel in such a group would be valuable. That said, he needs a rework.

At the very least his offense down skill needs to give a much better than a 55% chance of procing.
  • Theres a very effective teebo led team that snips at payout. Which means who can auto faster. Lotta rng on auto there. Plo is the solution, his leader skill may be rarely needed but in my situation its been incredible. Hes only g9 so potency issues do exist. I believe he gets a nice jump at g10 though. Something to consider.