Cheapest way to get 7* Rex?

What's the cheapest way to get Rex in terms of crystals. Buying Chromium Mega-Packs and gamble, or spend crystals every time Rex shards appear in the shipments?

Replies

• Buyrex shards through shipments, but prepare at least $200 to 7* him
  • Rex shards turn up usually at least once a day - stick with it - I am 88/100 waiting for the last three shipments to appear for me!
  • Wait two weeks and hopefully get him f2p ;-)
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • I got rex through chromium packs. It seems his shards are more likely to be in a pack. At least that was my impression. With more likely, i mean they turn up more than one would expect if odds were even. Same goes for sun fac and cody. Have them all 7* through chromium packs. Did require some real money obviously.
  • I got rex through chromium packs. It seems his shards are more likely to be in a pack. At least that was my impression. With more likely, i mean they turn up more than one would expect if odds were even. Same goes for sun fac and cody. Have them all 7* through chromium packs. Did require some real money obviously.

I'm on a November shard and used to buy chromium packs all the time. This eventually got me to about 60/100 shards and I bought the rest via shipments. If you're a new player then chromium packs are a decent idea to get new toons. If you already have a large roster then you will more than likely get shards for toons you don't want or already have. In short, I got lucky. I think this would be the cheapest way to get Rex as opposed to going through shipments from the onset. But a lot of luck is involved with chromium packs.

This is also how I eventually got sun fac. Luck and chromium packs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Free way:

Place 1st in arena and save all crystals to buy him in shipments.

Chromium sucks unless you are new or have the $$ to spend. Too much gamble and decreasing reward once you have a decent roster. Imo not worth it if you are trying to get one specific toon that shows up in the shop.
  • Cheapest? Lol...

Shipments: 320 crystals for 4 shards.
    Goal: 330 shards (7 stars)

Simple math: 330 / 4 = 83 purchases.

So, considering that you continue to use your daily crystals in energy refreshes, you will need 26560 crystals, equivalent to a pack of US$ 199,99. That seems cheap to you?
  • I figure a crystal is a Canadian penny roughly. (I live in the states though but it's about 1.27 to 1.3 for canook dollars or 120 to 130 crystals a USD. So 256 canook dollars is about 198 USD
  • Get number one in arena daily, buy Rex shards. Totally f2p.
  • Wait until 2018 when he's in GW shipments
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Cheapest: Build a time machine to go back to his release and by his Aud Pack. ;)
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Hope you read this in time. If you plan on getting rex, do not do that in chromiums. He is a rare drop there, do the shipments.
    You can drop a grand and only 5 star him in chromium, pretty darn rare.