Pathfinder - Working as Intended?

Prev1
RJ__Brando
1500 posts Moderator
edited September 2016
Issue: Since Pathfinder's special is an attack and THEN taunt, thus his taunt can be dispelled immediately by a Sun Fac counter.

Question: Was this intended?

Possible Solutions:
a) Add "this attack cannot be countered" to his AoE - Seems simple enough, but then again, there may be situations where you WANT him to be immediately attack and possibly killed. Thus Proc'ing his unique.
b) Order of operations - AoE, *Opponent counter*, Taunt, End Turn. This may become complicated when taking into consideration opponents leaderships, primarily IGD.

@CG_Kozispoon
@EA_Jesse

Replies

• c) AoE, Taunt, Counter but protect taunt an alternate way. Therefore if Pathfinder IS killed on counter, he will have a buff when he dies, again proc'ing his unique.

The main concern I have is maintaining a Tank who's taunt can be dispelled the SAME turn. Seems pointless.
  • Or you could make his taunt until dispellable. With all the AoE teams out there and dispellers tanks are almost useless atm. Making a toon with a taunt that can't be dispelled can help make tanks more use able in arena.
  • A Dev comment would be much appreciated before many gear him up feverishly.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Or you could make his taunt until dispellable. With all the AoE teams out there and dispellers tanks are almost useless atm. Making a toon with a taunt that can't be dispelled can help make tanks more use able in arena.

Then he'll literally never die lol
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Or you could make his taunt until dispellable. With all the AoE teams out there and dispellers tanks are almost useless atm. Making a toon with a taunt that can't be dispelled can help make tanks more use able in arena.

Then he'll literally never die lol

He he yeah this is having your cake and eat it too, so to speak. I'm primarily concerned with the dispel on initial counter. This is a substantial factor in whether he's worth investing in. Which is why I'm asking for clarification.
  • WAI

Dont bring a Pathfinder to a Sun Fac fight
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    WAI

Again, I'm not complaining if this IS true. But clarification from a DEV would help ;)
  • Only way to fix that is to stun Sun Fac with solo or palp then aoe/taunt with scarif
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    Only way to fix that is to stun Sun Fac with solo or palp then aoe/taunt with scarif

If it is WAI, yes, we can then prepare. But having a 990 purple gear tank be able to have his taunt removed on a counter immediately, is fairly silly.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    Only way to fix that is to stun Sun Fac with solo or palp then aoe/taunt with scarif

If it is WAI, yes, we can then prepare. But having a 990 purple gear tank be able to have his taunt removed on a counter immediately, is fairly silly.

Sun Fac removes all taunts and buffs regardless. Pathfinder is WAI, Sun Fac is the one that is broken and his silly basic needs reviewed in respect of taunts imo.
  • Reyalp wrote: »

Sun Fac removes all taunts and buffs regardless. Pathfinder is WAI, Sun Fac is the one that is broken and his silly basic needs reviewed in respect of taunts imo.

Agree....sun fac does -25crit on a Rey with foresight .....that should be taken as dodge
  • The point I'm making is that his taunt should not be dispelled on the same action he gains it. If the next turn an attack provokes sun fac and he counters, thus dispelling pathfinders taunt, so be it.

• Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The point I'm making is that his taunt should not be dispelled on the same action he gains it. If the next turn an attack provokes sun fac and he counters, thus dispelling pathfinders taunt, so be it.

Agree,Scarif taunt needs to be protected....maybe to change him and add him 50% evasion?
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    The point I'm making is that his taunt should not be dispelled on the same action he gains it. If the next turn an attack provokes sun fac and he counters, thus dispelling pathfinders taunt, so be it.

Agree,Scarif taunt needs to be protected....maybe to change him and add him 50% evasion?

Lol he'd be the most frustrating character around. I think that may be overkill :D
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »

Lol he'd be the most frustrating character around. I think that may be overkill :D

Yup.....isnt Rex+sun fac same...annoying
  • Interesting. I didn't even activate him yet.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Here is the thing. Fac is a pay to win button if you mod him right. No one does good vs him
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    WAI

Thinking this. There are others who can dispell though can't think of any used at high level like SF. (QGJ removes, not sure if same as "dispel", Echo would be another good counter)

He will be a PITA for sure in a RG kind of way, he has the huge health, taunts 2 turn with a 3 cooldown, so can be pretty much always taunting til he dies and then comes back on a Rebel team to do it all again, that is NASTY lol. If u kill him first, he just comes back, and you can't leave him until last because of the taunt!

SF & Echo might be the only real valid counters, and everyone needs at least one....
  • The #1 reason I said he's useless for arena; sun fac.

He could be good elsewhere on a assist team as the main tank.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    WAI

Thinking this. There are others who can dispell though can't think of any used at high level like SF. (QGJ removes, not sure if same as "dispel", Echo would be another good counter)

He will be a PITA for sure in a RG kind of way, he has the huge health, taunts 2 turn with a 3 cooldown, so can be pretty much always taunting til he dies and then comes back on a Rebel team to do it all again, that is NASTY lol. If u kill him first, he just comes back, and you can't leave him until last because of the taunt!

SF & Echo might be the only real valid counters, and everyone needs at least one....

B2 would completely neuter pathfinder. AOE damage taunt almost guarantees 100% tm to B2. 65% to block the taunt via buff immunity if B2 uses his dispel before pathfinder as well.
  • Josh_K wrote: »
    WAI

B2 would completely neuter pathfinder. AOE damage taunt almost guarantees 100% tm to B2. 65% to block the taunt via buff immunity if B2 uses his dispel before pathfinder as well.

This. B2 would make him an afterthougt
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    I don't think @RJ__Brando issue is with the next turn of b2 or some else removing the taunt it is that during the turn vs sunfac if sunfac counters the AoE it will immediately remove the taunt. There is some RNG there for sunfac to process a counter, however this is the first character that taunts with an attack as the same move so it is a new mechanic added to the game.
  • He's not for arena, that's all there is to it.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    scuba wrote: »
    I don't think @RJ__Brando issue is with the next turn of b2 or some else removing the taunt it is that during the turn vs sunfac if sunfac counters the AoE it will immediately remove the taunt. There is some RNG there for sunfac to process a counter, however this is the first character that taunts with an attack as the same move so it is a new mechanic added to the game.

Yes. I have 0 issues with what happens after pathfinders turn. This question I'm asking, since this is a new mechanic, is whether pathfinders taunt should be allowed to be dispelled the same turn he taunts. If this is WAI, fine, then i will pass on the 990 purple required to max him. I am simply asking for a DEV to comment whether this is what they intended for his kit. That is all :)
    Post edited by RJ__Brando on
  • Maybe adding a one turn foresight to his taunting special? Can't remember what happens if a toon has foresight and one or more other buffs when sun fac attacks.. Do all the buffs get dispelled or only the foresight as the toon dodge takes the hit?
    Res non verba
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Bora wrote: »
    Maybe adding a one turn foresight to his taunting special? Can't remember what happens if a toon has foresight and one or more other buffs when sun fac attacks.. Do all the buffs get dispelled or only the foresight as the toon dodge takes the hit?

Only the foresight
  • So that could be a way to solve it without making him OP I guess
    Res non verba
  • @CG_Conduit23 @CG_Kozispoon are you able to shed some light on this topic?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Looks like this is working as intended and is not a bug, but this specific combo does lead to a negative player experience so I have submitted a bug to get it properly investigated. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Hiya!
    Looks like this is working as intended and is not a bug, but this specific combo does lead to a negative player experience so I have submitted a bug to get it properly investigated. Cheers!

Thanks Sir! appreciate the follow up.
This discussion has been closed.