Options: guild leader falling though

As title suggests my guild is losing members because our leader has basically quit playing. Only logs on once a week or so and does absolutely nothing in the way of recruiting or other administrative duties.

I am currently the only active officer in the guild and i work 60 hours a week. And its hard to try and keep the guild afloat.

I have most administrative privileges aside from promotion and demotion. And honestly thats the one thing i need. I just dont have the time to run the guild by myself and its already costed us 4 of our top 10 members.

I have the ability to delete members.

Can/if i remove the leader from the guild will it transfer leadership? Or will it just lock the guild in limbo? I dont have any idea other than manually adding a bunch of people what to do.

Any advice would be appreciated.

"May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate

Replies

• Hi, I run an elite guild and I'll offer some advice. Either the leader can transfer membership to you, or the better choice is for you to tell everyone your starting a new guild, and have them all join your new guild the same night. It's a rough time to start a guild so the more members you take with you, the better.

If that doesn't work out and you have any heavy-hitters/elite players you are trying to find a home for, I'd be happy to help and would discuss our guild. Good luck!
  • Currently we are at 35/50 we lost most of our best guys. But we do have a few hard hitting members.

I will certainly keep you in mind. How many open slots do you have?

• It's been a few days so at this point just one slot and a candidates who make or exceed the requirements are currently competing for it. Here is our thread below, we do waiting list as well, so if something comes up in the future, we usually just ping the waiting list and don't necessarily reopen our guild thread. We're always at 50 and just replace when someone isn't making the 600 every day.

I wish you luck, 35/50 doesn't mean you guild is totally lost yet, but you'd have to create a new guild right away, try to keep the 35 and then somehow try to get another 15. It's a tough time right now because there are way too many guilds and not enough players, as you can tell by the forum recruiting section. Feel free to contact us anytime if you have elite players that meet the requirements in the first post below. Good luck!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/56929/nerf-herder-elite-force-is-currently-accepting-members-for-high-level-guild-top-20-guild/p1
  • BGENV4
    208 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I know EXACTLY what your guild is going through man. Because we came from that situation. I put up my own guild, and we are doing GREAT. Migrate to our guild. Recruiting pitch here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/65606/45-50-t5-guild-domino-squad-legends-recruiting-active-players-recruiting-pitch-here/p1
  • Yeah, well in my case I am a leader and my guild used to finish Tier Vs every day if not every other day and now it's not like that. Now it's about 25 people full.

But it's more be frustrating when your members haven't logged in 60 days!!! That's right. One of the sorts if by last logging time and one of my members surpassed 60 days since logging in. I wouldn't even do that if I was vacation. I would at least login to reap the daily Arena rewards. Everyone is different.
  • A merger is pretty high on the list of what i may need to do.

Ill check it out

• Mighty wrote: »
    Yeah, well in my case I am a leader and my guild used to finish Tier Vs every day if not every other day and now it's not like that. Now it's about 25 people full.

But it's more be frustrating when your members haven't logged in 60 days!!! That's right. One of the sorts if by last logging time and one of my members surpassed 60 days since logging in. I wouldn't even do that if I was vacation. I would at least login to reap the daily Arena rewards. Everyone is different.

I delete anyone that surpasses 15 days since log in. I dislike removing people. And dont want to be one of those hardcore groups. But i think thats more than reasonable

• BGENV4 wrote: »
    I know EXACTLY what your guild is going through man. Because we came from that situation. I put up my own guild, and we are doing GREAT. Migrate to our guild. Recruiting pitch here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/65606/45-50-t5-guild-domino-squad-legends-recruiting-active-players-recruiting-pitch-here/p1

After reviewing your pitch im not sure if we would be a good fit for you. Currently we can complete a t5 in about 6 hours. And a t6 in 2 days. It sounds like you guys are trying to focus more around t4 and t5.

We would make it difficult if not impossible for your lower level members to excell and get rewards.

• We have 10 slots to fill in our guild. we do t7 and if you have players that contributed send me a message.

DeathMurderers
  • We are a T7 top 50 guild starting a second guild to bring in new players and some of our members combined. If you need 35 spots. Then that can be done. Lemme know what you think!

You can add me on the LINE app if you would like my username is aria.coulson

Take care & hope to talk to you soon. :)
  • We have now started a new guild

Reign of Fate.

We will be looking for a merger with a like minded guild(including at least 3 willing to be active officers) we also have our own guild forum.

We are looking for 20 to 30 members to join us. Strength is not as important as activity and reliability.

• Please pm me if interested.

• FaRule. Merge to our guild Sith2A. We are 13 level 80s. Looking to knock out tier VI in 3 day like our old guild. I will make you and another an officer.

Jditty
  • Bit of advice. Our Leader bailed months ago and we were rudderless. I was an officer but I could not promote, etc.

I emailed support and they made me the Leader of the Guild. It beat starting a new Guild, although you can't change the Guild name, which bums me out.
  • @Jsomm003 we actually made a new guild and are looking for a group to merge to our home. We are about 20 strong and would love to take you. Please let me know asap as were preparing for a t6 tomorrow or the next day. If so we would hold off till you guys could also claim rewards.

Also you can keep any officers. And we arnt a **** guild. Pm me for more details.

Jay i wish i had that info before. Thank you. We already made the switch though.. lol