How old is my shard?

I see lots of forum posts talking about the date their shard started. How on earth can one figure this out?

Replies

• When you started you go into a new shard. When it's full they start a new shard. So your shard is roughly the same age as when you started playing Swgoh.
  • Joeyd7878
    276 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Look at the top ten in ranking. If they're all leveled, geared and modded then it's an older shard.
  • Is migrated the same as Omegad without the spellcheck?
  • Is migrated the same as Omegad without the spellcheck?

Sorry, didn't check the autocorrect. Edited for your pleasure.
  • Ya its pretty simple. I started in Dec so I am in a Dec shard lol
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Ya its pretty simple. I started in Dec so I am in a Dec shard lol
    Yep. I started towards the end of November I think so I must be on a late November/early Dec shard.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    if you're on iOS check for the gamecenter achievement "The force is strong in you", you probably unlocked that one the first day of playing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    Look at the top ten in ranking. If they're all leveled, geared and modded then it's an older shard.

This normally just means they've spent more than you for accelerated stats.
  • OK - I just wondered if there was some science to it. I started in late May and have been pretty meticulous in achieving all the activities every day so it staggers me how far ahead some of the top 10 teams are. But then if you part with cash I guess that's what happens.

I started a second account on android and noticed that the top 20 was all blue geared and what not. It's the lazy way to go about it.
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »

I started a second account on android and noticed that the top 20 was all blue geared and what not. It's the lazy way to go about it.

I guess it depends how long it takes to fill a shard. I don't even know how much players need to join to fill a shard... 12500+ I think. May those top players joined a few hours or a day or two before you. I was f2p to start with do never got near the top lol
  • OK - I just wondered if there was some science to it. I started in late May and have been pretty meticulous in achieving all the activities every day so it staggers me how far ahead some of the top 10 teams are. But then if you part with cash I guess that's what happens.

People spend thousands of dollars on here. Whales spend what they like and good luck to them I say. I've seen guys field a 7* Modded toon within hours of release so it happens. :)