Please Please Please Change Mode Challenges to Mod Battles Format!

I took a break from Mods to farm Wedge and some other toons, and every day I did the 100, 100, 200, 200. On a bad day I'd get 10 shards and on a good as many as 25. Life was good.

So I finish up and decide to spend a week or so farming mods. I had completely forgotten how brutal it was. Three days in and the mods that are supposedly to drop at the same rate as shards are dropping at an average of 6 a day (and of course they are not all t5).

Making matters worse is that I always get Circles, Squares, and Diamonds. I almost never get Arrows, Pluses, and Triangles.

Could maybe just maybe, mod challenges be changed to be like the mod battle tables? Give us 6 battles per tier. One per each shape. This way we can at least farm the -->shape<-- that we need?

Replies

• Second that! Even the ones that are dropped no high quality!
  • Doubtful that this will ever happen. Mods are what will keep this game going when players have gotten all the characters. If they keep it like the roulette wheel it is, they can keep you searching for The Perfect Mod for a very long time. If they just give you the mod you want, you will have nothing to hunt for, and you will get bored.

But even the hunt for mods will eventually peter out ... They are probably building something else new to keep us logging in. Something like ... higher levels, more gear, 6-7* mods, platinum stars, Delta mats ...
  • It would be a big step in the right direction (and still not ruin the devious dev plans) to at least make the distribution of the 6 mod types even. The ones on the right have a high number of options of primary stats and so are the more sought after. We should at least have an even chance of getting right side as left. But no, the crappy left side mods drop much more frequently.

That seems something that they could reasonably change to make it marginally better
    942-122-371
  • Doubtful that this will ever happen.

Well I doubt it too, but even if I could farm a certain shape, looking for the stats I want on it could take ages. It would just be nice to be able to complete sets in a timely manner...
  • Maybe they could make it a side game called pokemod Go where you spend hours walking across motorways trying to find a +30 speed arrow with a +20 speed secondary. If you find one great, if you die, you die.
  • Agreed, something needs to change
  • Yeah, it is going to be a time sink and resource waste either way SO at least give us a little control on getting the sets we want. Of course, we will upgrade as we find better mods but don't make me use mix matched sets because of the way it is setup.
  • I agree that something needs to change on these, at the least even up the drop rates, or make another set of challenges that splits the types into 2 or 3 possible. Anything would be better than the current drop rate of Arrows, Pluses, and Triangles
  • I think this would be great but doubt it would happen :(