Lumi not a healer?

So some how I just realized today that Lumi is an attacker as I thought why can't she be used on the Intel challenge. So the best healer in the game is an attacker....seems about right. Don't get me wrong, I love Lumi and don't want to see her changed at all but why is she not a healer instead of an attacker?

Replies

• she should be considered as both. her heal is good and her attacks(force blast) are really good too. She is combined both into one(BUT NOT OP... DOES not need a nerf lol)

• To be fair if your comparing her at 7* against 4 or 5 star toons she does look a bit op. But she really isn't. She is very squishy, and can get stunned and or ability blocked all the time.
  • I've wondered that myself. She probably should be counted as both.
  • Darth_Ryu_Kai
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Actually, a ton of characters in the game are mislabled. And it's very weird CG missed this, because when I say a ton, I mean like half the characters in the game are mislabled. Read their bio, then their actual character type, many don't match up. Some say they are tanks, but are labeled as attackers, and are not able to partipate in the tank only challenge. I don't know if this is a huge error or not, but it definitely doesn't make sense, and is potentially confusing.
    TNR Co-Founder
  • Yeah, it's just funny to me. There are only a handful of healers and the strongest one isn't a "healer". Not complaining about her just thought it was funny
  • Nerf, lol, what dorks, just like the dorks that use the word trolling. Read a dictionary.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Nightsister Acolyte is a healer, and don't heal. Many chars have wrong tags
  • I still laugh at Dooku being considered support ...

Since Lumi is both Heal and Attack, I guess she could be in either, as she is good at both.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lumi is the best healer, despite being an attacker. Barriss is the best tank, despite being a healer.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Maybe it's planned for her to be classified as an Attacker since you can use her in the Attacker only Challenge and have a healer. I know early on, it was much needed to have heals before you outleveled/outgeared them, but I know I would have definitely struggled more without Luminara there to provide her heal against whatever the Cad Bane challenge is.
  • DarthHernia
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lumi is a stereotypical healer. She shouldn't be doing ridiculous amount of damage. It's especially frustrating when AI always goes first and she pretty much OHKO everyone from the get-go, including my own 6* Gear VII Lumi...
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • The fact that she must choose between doing a lot of damage or doing an AOE heal on her first activation is what prevents her from being the stereotypical healer you describe. I appreciate the choice she affords the user and don't want her to be changed.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Lumi is classified as an attacker.
  • For what it's worth, JC is almost as powerful once you get him geared and starred.
  • Yeah lumi is that OP toon nobody complains about. A recent poll from these forums confirms that the community sees her as best. Her damage is way too high to also have the best heal in the game IMO. Pretty much an auto include in any team and makes the meta stale. (just like Poe, FOTP, Jinn and Leia are doing)
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    twaller wrote: »
    Yeah lumi is that OP toon nobody complains about. A recent poll from these forums confirms that the community sees her as best. Her damage is way too high to also have the best heal in the game IMO. Pretty much an auto include in any team and makes the meta stale. (just like Poe, FOTP, Jinn and Leia are doing)

She is not best. Perhaps the most versatile.
  • Just because she's best doesn't mean she's OP. She is easy to kill, her damage ain't anywhere near comparable to others, there are ways to block or work around her heal.

Other than her ability block and evasion up on herself she has no other 'special' abilities.

She can't one hit KO you and once again, she's easy to kill.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Lumi is really good, but far from OP. Thete are lots of ways to play around her.
  • Lumi is the most prolific healer because she's the easiest to star up. I'd use Ewok Elder in a heartbeat if I could get him to 7 stars without mortgaging my home... :P
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Healing inmunity is pretty easy to get, negating part of Lumi's (and other healers) value. There are also many chars that go before her and can stun/block her, and even then she is not nlrmally a prioritary target as her skills don't define a battle. Other characters that receive nerf calls (mostly, Poe)_aren't that easy to negate, due to speed and the fire and forget value of their skills, which also happen to define the battle
  • Lumi is far from unbalanced. Fotp, Leia, et al....those are op and out of balance. Poe isn't either, its only when he's paired with op toons that people cry nerf.
  • she's just not tat strong of an attacker, versatile yes but damage ability wise, there are many more characters that outdamage her by a lot. Fotp, leia, Gs, Rey etc....

And I don't ever see her in my servers top 10 teams, not used much at all since speed teams are more important.
  • Redan
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nerf her. She was giving me some hard time in a match where I was to lazy for reacting (Auto Mode FTW) or changimg my Team setup .. ^^ =;))