So am I doing something wrong, or...

Benr3600
1098 posts Member
edited September 2016
Am I simply falling behind because I cannot come across enough broken speed secondaries? Just two weeks ago my arena team was facerolling everyone on my server, with the occasional loss to broken p2w characters like rex and b2. Now, I cannot buy a win to save my LIFE. I have lost 12 of my last 15 matches, just two days after taking first with the default five attempts, and three days after taking first on arena activity day only needing the refilled attempts to squat in first five times from 6 to 7 oclock. Last week my 200 speed STH started to fall behind the opponents with over 200 speed, so I started using Lando lead to get the edge back. But losing EP lead has killed his hp and potency leading to many instances where one opponent and all five of my heroes are stunned round 1 or my EP is dead before his second turn. I have refreshed mod shipments about five times per day and never find anything useful that doesn't cost 2500+ crystals. I haven't bought a mod in over a week, and check all four times per day.

Is this really what it has come down to? To the luckbox who can afford to go first without sacrificing a leader just to get one hero fasterest, go the spoils?

Replies

• Wow, okay so...one thing I just noticed, is when my STH gets his taunt off first, even if Phasma goes next to feed even MORE TM, the opponent STH and EP still go before the rest of my team. So basically making my STH the fastest in the match no longer counts for anything...I have a feeling this is some kind of stealth nerf ****. I mean how can I keep losing to almost the exact same teams when I out speed them?
  • This explains your attitude in the other thread. Every character that beats you, or you don't have, is "broken".

Yes, the top players, either by money, time or luck, win the most. No, everyone can't be a winner. It's the same in every other avenue of life.

Welcome to reality.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Palanthian wrote: »
    This explains your attitude in the other thread. Every character that beats you, or you don't have, is "broken".

Yes, the top players, either by money, time or luck, win the most. No, everyone can't be a winner. It's the same in every other avenue of life.

Welcome to reality.

Way to cherry pick something that is stated to not be relevant, and try to make it relevant. Oh and your reductive attempt to troll the thread failed when you forgot to include the actual most important factor, which is skill. By your rubric, nobody has a right to complain about anything, whether it be GW difficulty, hero buffs/nerfs, importance of RNG etc. If the game was literally p2w nobody would be playing it, yet if p2p had no advantages nobody would spend a penny. It's called balance and it is entirely necessary, or this game would not exist.

I'm sorry you still believe someone with no counter needs to be even stronger. Welcome to reality
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    BTW I did find how to fix my issue of **** mathematics, the game seems to think someone with 160 speed and 30% TM gain should go after someone with 180 speed, so I fed moar speed to them and it "fixed" the problem. Previous to yesterday a STH taunt would result in my entire team going first, suddenly that is not the case anymore. There has either been a stealth nerf or something strange is happening. I have been playing against 206 speed STHs and 190ish speed EPS for weeks now; suddenly they can sneak in and disrput my first turn now? What!?
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Some heroes gain/give TM to the other team when they're attacked, and that can throw of the system of turn order we perceive going in. For example, if my heroes are a little faster than the opponent, but I shoot his ST Han, who then gives the enemy team some TM or takes it from mine, I lost my initial speed bonus.

And yes, I've had the same thing happen where I tried a new combo that got to the top real fast and gave my shard trouble for a few days, but they sought up after a week or so and I have to fight more for it again.

It's really a pretty balanced game.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Someone has something I don't because

1. They spend more money
    2. They have more luck
    3. Combo of 1 and 2

• darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    So sad
  • I have come accept my nightsisters team isn't going To top fifty everyday, today I did yesterday I didn't. Mod challenges are the place for mods btw. I finally three stared the def mods. Now what I hate is almost a million to level a mod. (Or at least ≤500k)
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    *tear*
  • If you want to be the best you gotta beat the best. Enough said.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Was just discussing this with my guild, yes arena is an arms race to see who goes first.

A fast STHan can give you 5 attacks before your opponent gets one as long as he's a tick faster than anyone else, essentially disregarding their individual speeds.

Edit: it doesn't assure a win, obviously, but its like getting an ace in blackjack. Sometimes you get a bad card and lose but you win most of the hands.
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Wow, okay so...one thing I just noticed, is when my STH gets his taunt off first, even if Phasma goes next to feed even MORE TM, the opponent STH and EP still go before the rest of my team. So basically making my STH the fastest in the match no longer counts for anything...I have a feeling this is some kind of stealth nerf ****. I mean how can I keep losing to almost the exact same teams when I out speed them?

How fast are the opponent's EP and STH, and how slow are the rest of your toons? Phasma is typically last or near last, so the VM didn't completely fill up the tm of the toobs that went in rd 1

My sth, EP and Phasma are modded to 215, 164 and 160 speed, respectively. This opponents sth and ep had 206 and 180 speed. There are 2-3 STHs on my server with exactly 206 speed, and most EPs are faster than 180, but before yesterday I had no problem getting my EP to go before theirs.
  • I always come to the forums to read about pending new releases, then I stumble upon these posts and puke a little in my mouth.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Was just discussing this with my guild, yes arena is an arms race to see who goes first.

A fast STHan can give you 5 attacks before your opponent gets one as long as he's a tick faster than anyone else, essentially disregarding their individual speeds.

Edit: it doesn't assure a win, obviously, but its like getting an ace in blackjack. Sometimes you get a bad card and lose but you win most of the hands.

I well modded Rex lead with fac can cause a lot of trouble, even if your team goes first.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »

Yup, this. I have the fastest han on my board. So when my Palp goes first as a result, if he stuns only 1-2 toons and then opposing palps stuns 3-4 of mine, it's a guaranteed loss.
    If my Palp stuns 3-4 and his only stuns a couple, I steamroll them. It's basically a coin flip either way.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Just run droids & JE/Nebbitt. You can gear them up faster than any STH or Palp & just crush them. I fear no Palp. Only team causing me trouble atm is Wedge lead, Biggs, Lando, STH & Han Solo (they've just added him @7* in the last few days, replaced QGJ). I'm about 50/50 on beating them depending on the RnG gods...
  • One thing to realize is that speed is only affecting normal TM gain in between turns. TM manipulation is immediate and speed doesn't effect TM gain or lost via an ability. When your ST Han taunts and multiple characters have 100% TM, who goes first is random. Speed doesn't matter for breaking the tie.
  • MonMothmon wrote: »
    Just run droids & JE/Nebbitt. You can gear them up faster than any STH or Palp & just crush them. I fear no Palp. Only team causing me trouble atm is Wedge lead, Biggs, Lando, STH & Han Solo (they've just added him @7* in the last few days, replaced QGJ). I'm about 50/50 on beating them depending on the RnG gods...

Unfortunately this is correct. I have started up my droid army farming again, and the few droid users on my server don't even have very fast JEs, they jus let pretty much made them barely fast enough to go first vs. nondroid teams.
  • Benr - Read this:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58474/a-cavemans-guide-to-speed-mechanics#latest

Pay attention especially to the last portion. I try and lay out my toons speed to have them go in a certain order. Understanding how much TM they have before and after STH taunts (for example) is key to doing this,
  • Benr - Read this:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58474/a-cavemans-guide-to-speed-mechanics#latest

Pay attention especially to the last portion. I try and lay out my toons speed to have them go in a certain order. Understanding how much TM they have before and after STH taunts (for example) is key to doing this,

Thanks UK :-)
  • A slower STHan can sometimes goes faster than a faster STHan due to Bluff. If I run Danger Zone and I AoE the opposition with wedge, a good proportion of the time my STHan ends up going slower to taunt than their STHan. Even though theirs is slower, but by less than 10%. Under AI the % probabilities are skewed, so 25% to remove 10% is more like 50%...

Xio