Are Some Heroes OP?

Prev13
ThalosKirano
728 posts Member
edited January 2016
Following on from a discussion in another thread, the opinion in there on whether certain heroes are OP seems to pretty much be split down the middle, so I'd be interested to see the numbers. Simply vote "Yes" or "No" and please let's not turn this into another argument thread.

Are Some Heroes OP? 115 votes

Yes
57%
dauz6063Top_QuarkQeltarTimbaTheHandrailKrisssjpiishXceptorPreemo_MaginSw_HomeJaegerFantazyIM_UR_UPGRADEJustin7402d3gaussOtardogwelder79MerilonPitchblack47DeathSSlayer 66 votes
No
42%
scubaJJHSenpaiBishopLarGemambaazraelDrakeAdamWYourMothercha0sVarlieZtyleSlythRinnNarcolipocusfikretkuruthisgameisdopeRogan_Ban84StarSonakositzkeAlrikster 49 votes

Replies

• AdamW
    692 posts Member
    No
    The game is surprisingly balanced. Only a few bugs or tweaks needed for a couple of characters. But I wouldnt exactly say OP
  • No
    Game is balanced.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yes
    Anyone who answers "no" to this has simply not come across the OP characters.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • No
    Qeltar wrote: »

Or, they simply don't share your opinion. Have some maturity.

I have faced every character you named as OP in my other thread, including the exact team you said you could never beat.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    Have a cookie.
    An enemy team getting 14 moves/attacks before you get to move is OP.
    A character hitting for 9,000 damage -- unbuffed! -- when most characters have little more than that is OP.
    If my choices are spending $5000 to buy cookie-cutter OP teams with busted characters or leave the game, I will leave the game.
    This poll is nonsense.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Toon sneeding their bugs fixed? Yes
    Toons OP? Not a chance
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    No
    There are only some toons that are bugged, and I hope that the devs are focused on that instead of people yelling nerf toon xx, if anything there are toons that are way under powered at the moment, but that might change when the cap goes up, for as many have stated gear is what makes the toon
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • No
    Ztyle wrote: »
    There are only some toons that are bugged, and I hope that the devs are focused on that instead of people yelling nerf toon xx, if anything there are toons that are way under powered at the moment, but that might change when the cap goes up, for as many have stated gear is what makes the toon

I agree with this. Who knows whether a certain hero at level 70 will make a so called "OP toon" not so OP? I love the game, I find it beyond frustrating at times but overall the balance is on point.
  • No

You're top 20?.
    Have a cookie.
    An enemy team getting 14 moves/attacks before you get to move is OP.
    A character hitting for 9,000 damage -- unbuffed! -- when most characters have little more than that is OP.
    If my choices are spending $5000 to buy cookie-cutter OP teams with busted characters or leave the game, I will leave the game.
    This poll is nonsense.

You are a bit of a troll, lol.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yes
    No, I'm frustrated and fed up with trying to contribute to a community filled with people like you.
  • No
    People like me as in people who spend money and have the patience to farm the team they plan for weeks+?. Dude seriously, stop.
  • No
    You clearly don't have an end game team, so you don't know what its like to constantly face top teams. Guess what, it's pretty balanced up here.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yes
    How much money have you spent? Go ahead, give us an honest answer.
    The people saying there are no OP characters tend to be the ones that spend thousands buying them.
    That would be bad enough, but now we have F2P characters that are also OP/broken, and the combination makes for ludicrous teams.
    Even guys in big whale clans admit that there are major balance issues.
    That's the truth. I will not stop saying it, and I don't care if it bothers you or not.
  • OP is kind of a subjective term...but is there stuff that is poorly balanced and designed that will bias a game toward a certain style or set of heroes over others? Absolutely. But...that also depends on the kind of game you want to play. The devs heavily skewed toward offense and speed - if you start peeling back the layers of OP speed / meter, you would eventually get to a point where Han / Phasma are outstanding characters (Phasma even removing her leader skill). Early meter (Poe / FOO), early assists (Phasma leader, Jinn, GS), early offensive buffs (poggle, Leia,) all push the battle up in the speed dimension of the game.

Maybe that's how most players like fighting PVP - wham bam thank you mam :) I'm ok with this bias - GW content is there and it brings out many other toons and tactics such that I feel I get to use other parts of the roster. I haven't used JC in PVP in a long time, but he's used daily by me in GW.

I'm still against nerfs at this point - you can see how skills of toons change in the mined data at level 80+ ...there's a lot of room for balancing over time naturally.
  • No
    The people saying there are no OP characters tend to be the ones that spend thousands buying them.
    That would be bad enough, but now we have F2P characters that are also OP/broken, and the combination makes for ludicrous teams.
    That's the truth. I will not stop saying it, and I don't care if it bothers you or not.

I've spent £40 plus the subscription pack, does that constitute thousands? Just because a person does not agree with your opinion it doesn't make them wrong, it just means their views differ to yours. You're very immature, when a person agrees with you you're their best friend, but if they disagree you throw around slurs and act like a child.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yes
    You might want to look up the word "slur". There are none in the post you quoted.
    You are entitled to your opinion. It is not based on reality, but then most opinions aren't.
  • Ewok elder is totally op
  • No
    You might want to look up the word "slur". There are none in the post you quoted.
    You are entitled to your opinion. It is not based on reality, but then most opinions aren't.

Troll, I've spent $540, so far.
  • No

Slur; an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation.

You insinuate only people who spend thousands garner the opinion I have, ergo I consider that a slur.

Grow up.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    No
    @Qeltar
    I bought Dooku & Barriss pack + 3 times subsription on 7 day crystal pack, if I felt that the toons where as OP like you say, how come My poe is only lvl 40 Phasma only 35 and the bugged FOTP lvl 50, maybe its becurse I focus on teams that can counter them
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    You insinuate only people who spend thousands garner the opinion I have, ergo I consider that a slur.
    I said "tend to be", not "only". I stand by that statement.
    I'm sorry if I offended you. I tend to get worked up about things at times.
    I'm sure if you happen to have a team that counters these insane teams with broken characters, everything will seem just fine. Most people do not.
    If you have only spent 40 quid on this game, I flatly do not believe you could beat the team I encountered in GW today if you came across it in the arena, unless you were running the same sort of team and/or had extreme luck in the round and/or have had extreme luck with chromium/bronzium packs. It was insanely overpowered.
    As I said before, 14 attacks/procs/moves before I could do anything. The match was over literally before I could do a thing. (It was GW so I worked around it, but that's not the point.)
  • I find this game surprisingly balanced for such a new game.

That being said, I can't judge every situation becauseI have not been there. Time will tell.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    No
    I've spent just under $300. I bought the Force Awakens, Heroine, and Dark-side packs so that leaves around $150 since I started playing in November.

I think I've come up against most characters in the game at some level of the other and I don't think they are over-powered. There are some that have great synergy together and when you group them with the right teams preform very, very well but you can't call them overpowered if they are only overpowered when teamed with the right people.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    This game is about teams and not individual chars. The game is as about as balanced as it can be. There are however OP PvP teams and to prove that just look at the top 5 leader board. The speed stat is actually OP. Currently if you don't have 3 or more of these chars you are not going to see inside of the top 10 on your server:

Poggle
    FOTP - Mine is 12437HP and 117speed 1335phydmg 952specdmg
    Sid
    Poe - mine has 143speed
    Phasma - mine has 115speed
    Luminara - mine has 118speed
    QGJ - mine has 131speed
    Dooku+ 5Star
    Leia - mine has 137speed
    Droids(HK47, IG88/86, supported by poggle)

I believe there are 71 total chars in the game currently and I have 69 of them above 4 stars. I have played with many combinations and having been in the top 10 in my server for about a month, I have also fought against many combos.

My ally code 198-152-358

Post edited by Mizo on
  • No
    I said "tend to be", not "only". I stand by that statement.
    I'm sorry if I offended you. I tend to get worked up about things at times.
    I'm sure if you happen to have a team that counters these insane teams with broken characters, everything will seem just fine. Most people do not.
    If you have only spent 40 quid on this game, I flatly do not believe you could beat the team I encountered in GW today if you came across it in the arena, unless you were running the same sort of team and/or had extreme luck in the round and/or have had extreme luck with chromium/bronzium packs. It was insanely overpowered.
    As I said before, 14 attacks/procs/moves before I could do anything. The match was over literally before I could do a thing. (It was GW so I worked around it, but that's not the point.)

It's ok, I too get worked up/passionate about things I believe in.

I didn't beat that team, I got my backside handed to me, I think I took out 1 of their heroes before I got annihilated. I just think if people are spending thousands then they should have "premium" heroes, I finish top 10 arena every day and for me, I think that's fair given that the top 5 are big spenders (I know this because they all have Liea, Ben, QGJ and Vader at high star levels) I don't expect to be able to compete with them.

I'd prefer they fixed heroes before nerfing anybody, such as Asaji.
  • And now you see the truth comes out qeltar you probably haven't put a lot of money in the game compared to others and the reality is you get what you pay for that is why I never complain because I know people are putting hundreds if not thousands of dollars and that is life in a nutshell people with money have advantages end of story
  • LarGe
    113 posts Member
    No

[/quote]
    (It was GW so I worked around it, but that's not the point.)[/quote]
    No, that's exactly the point. You worked around it. Your A team wasn't good enough to beat the opposing one. Doesn't mean things aren't working as intended.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    And now you see the truth comes out qeltar you probably haven't put a lot of money in the game compared to others and the reality is you get what you pay for that is why I never complain because I know people are putting hundreds if not thousands of dollars and that is life in a nutshell people with money have advantages end of story

I've spent over 300 dollars on this game. That money should not guarantee my win by sacrificing balance. It SHOULD speed my progress and offer other perks. If I spent a grand I would say the same thing. That being said, I'm reserving my thoughts on the nerf suggestions until I'm level 70. There is currently 1 or 2 toons that concern me but I think overall it's other mechanics that are the problem.
  • It's not compromising balance this is any mmo game you play they have items,characters,equipment what ever it is that you can buy that is better than anything you can find and guess what its available to anyone who wants to spend for it where is the imbalance
  • Yes

Yah. And no one defined "OP" for this poll either. Results to be unreliable, accordingly.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE