Are Some Heroes OP?

Replies

• Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    Mizo wrote: »
    FOTP - Mine is 12437HP and 117speed

You forgot to add his damage just to demonstrate a good example of "OP". This unit's stats should be comparable to Resistance Pilot, Biggs, and the like. Look at dat hp. Look at that damage stat.

edit: as a reference for comparing FOTP hp, my Poe is 7* and 12523 hp, and 1022 physical damage.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Why are you trying to compare him with other characters like him all that proves is he is the best in his class now op is he has better stats than anyone in the game and I know that's not true
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    FOTP, QGJ
    Post edited by Elyndria on
  • All this is still as I stated before people are made because characters they like are not viable and others out class them or am I the only one who sees that
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Some are very overpowered, some incredibly underpowered, and some people consider the game to be balanced lol, ?..., well, to some extent yes, but certainly its not great!.

I'm unable to vote because i feel theirs a lot of OP and UP toons sorry OP.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • No
    It's interesting that this subject matter definitely polarises opinion. After 40 votes we're split 50/50.
  • No
    It's interesting that this subject matter definitely polarises opinion. After 40 votes we're split 50/50.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I think the largest issue with considering a toon OP and crying for a nerf is that OP is simply a misused term.
    Mthere are no OP toons and here is why.

For a toon to be truly OP, they have to outperform all others and do this by plugging into any build. Toons like leia, FOTP, poe, etc are always being accused of being OP but they arent. In the rit ebuild they are mostly unstoppable BUT thats the synergy of the build NOT the "OP" of the toon. If they are OP as most of you say, run a team of ewoks and plug in FOTP and all the sudden tour unbeatable......... Thats not the case, ergo, they arent OP.

Some are unbalanced maybe, some are broken maybe (i.e. Leah) but that doe snot make them OP.

Just try to remeber the difference between powerful and OP

Again, based on this, there is NO op toon in this game as no toon simply plugs into any team making it unbeatable
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Yes
    On a games like this, theres always a characters who are more OP, and it changes with the time. Thats all. Deal with it
  • Thank you for explaining it so abyss but this concept will still evade people because they want all characters to be equal so they can use their favorite characters no matter the situation but it doesn't work like that not with any game ever created there are advantages and disadvantages to every character and characters that are the same but one does it better
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    There are some OP characters no doubt. OP doesn't have to mean unbeatable, though I have never beaten any decent team with a Poe, he removes turn meter and most my team is dead before I get a turn. I don't mind that in the arena. Hope I don't start running into to many teams like that in GW. Even though I think he has way to much going for him, I am not farming him. Like others have said tie pilot is a generic character like a storm trooper, he shouldn't be one shooting everyone, but he really only gets OP when he is 7*. Dooku is just ... annoying. Is Leia fixed now? She doesn't seem to be broken when I fight her lately.
  • No
    Abyss wrote: »
    I think the largest issue with considering a toon OP and crying for a nerf is that OP is simply a misused term.
    Mthere are no OP toons and here is why.

For a toon to be truly OP, they have to outperform all others and do this by plugging into any build. Toons like leia, FOTP, poe, etc are always being accused of being OP but they arent. In the rit ebuild they are mostly unstoppable BUT thats the synergy of the build NOT the "OP" of the toon. If they are OP as most of you say, run a team of ewoks and plug in FOTP and all the sudden tour unbeatable......... Thats not the case, ergo, they arent OP.

Some are unbalanced maybe, some are broken maybe (i.e. Leah) but that doe snot make them OP.

Just try to remeber the difference between powerful and OP

Again, based on this, there is NO op toon in this game as no toon simply plugs into any team making it unbeatable

Great explanation. Nail on the head.
  • So basically you are saying fotp can't be strong because he is not popular or a main hero or villain with a name that just proves my point even more
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    This game is like Rock-paper-scissors...
  • And yes op does mean unbeatable it means that character out preforms every other character in every way
  • Again I would like to refer to chess where even your weakest piece can become powerful which is the epitome of a strategy game
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • But if your sidious or aayla or Luke Crit for that much it would be ok
  • I mean correct me if I'm wrong but other characters hit for that damage in one strike regardless of if the are buffed or not because they are probably dealing a lot more damage and in perspective fotp is weak but because he can attack multiple times it makes him strong if someone like sidious or aayla or Luke could hit multiple times it would be overkill because they already do a lot of damage does this not make sense
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    So basically you are saying fotp can't be strong because he is not popular or a main hero or villain with a name that just proves my point even more

Are you referring to my post? The thing you latch on too to prove your point was just a random musing. If there was a tie pilot so strong they should make a spin off movie about him. The point is no character should have the potential to one shot any character. Battles are too quick. I have a tie pilot BTW, 5* right now
  • Lol ok let's look at it like this then even though fotp is not a popular main character but is in fact a soldier trained to kill or the people you work for will kill you should be weaker
  • Everything I say can be proven people are not as individual as we like to believe and every single person that is complaining because they have come across someone they can't beat and are not willing to change their team in order to do so because they have favorite characters they want to use it's simple physcolgy that anyone can determine if they just read your complaints
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    No
    But if your sidious or aayla or Luke Crit for that much it would be ok

My luke does. :expressionless:
  • Yes
    Yes! some toons are better(op) than others...

There must be good and not as good heroes or the game would no fun.
  • Yes
    Some P2W toons are ridiculously OP.
    Non healer group:

Princess Leia is OP
    Captain Phasma is OP
    First Officer Tie Fighter Pilot is OP
    Poe is OP
    Qui-Gon Jinn is OP

This group = you OP
    If you have money to get Leia to 4 stars or above and can survive first round without using stealth, she is a beast.

It takes a lot to beat this kind of set up and takes a lot of time and money for the gear.
    SW galaxy of heroes sucks badly for time played, at level 45+ you be lucky to get more than 40 minutes game play a day. This is what puts me off.
    I'm now at $400 spent, my team is useless, I be lucky to rank in top 50 now against all the purple geared P2W teams.
    It's like yacht racing, biggest spender wins, this game no different.
    I'm lucky I work and earn a decent living, but if my wife saw what I've spent on this, a quick castration would soon follow.
    Another OP toon is Barriss with her " bypass bull " heal she does on heal immunity toons. Lots of players use her for that reason.
    If you can bypass a healer and fill slot with good DPS synergy group is good.
    Unfortunately on my server Bariss as leader still holds 6 of the top 10 slots in arena.
  • Lol thank you for being honest so now we see some else agreeing with me and obviously he wasn't too happy about it but the proof is their these characters don't do any more damage or have any over powered advantages they are just beating you to the punch and it's your job to figure out how to counter it that's what makes this game challenging you people are complaining about the characters but in actuality you need to be worried about your skill level and use your brain a little if they made every character equal where would the challenge be honestly think about this. In this game you have to counter each individual person/team
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Baal wrote: »

4* FOTP crits for far more than a 7* Luke. ;)
  • Lol all of this really is pointless so I would just like to say anyone and everyone that agrees with me is because we are more skillful at strategy we will find a way to win and the ones who don't are not so skillful which is life it's not meant as an insult some are better than others at things this can't be denied.now to the people at ea and gc it's up to you to determine if you would kill the game by making it easier for those that are not as good or continue the great job you have been doing and keep the people like me and those who agree with me who in my experience are **** near religious with games like this.

• No
    J7000 wrote: »
    Baal wrote: »

4* FOTP crits for far more than a 7* Luke. ;)

You really shouldn't compare luke to tie pilot. Luke is a very abysmal toon and needs a buff. Tie pilot is suppose to deal extreme damage. Just like the description says.
  • Nzchimeran wrote: »
    Some P2W toons are ridiculously OP.
    Non healer group:

Princess Leia is OP
    Captain Phasma is OP
    First Officer Tie Fighter Pilot is OP
    Poe is OP
    Qui-Gon Jinn is OP

This group = you OP
    If you have money to get Leia to 4 stars or above and can survive first round without using stealth, she is a beast.

It takes a lot to beat this kind of set up and takes a lot of time and money for the gear.
    SW galaxy of heroes sucks badly for time played, at level 45+ you be lucky to get more than 40 minutes game play a day. This is what puts me off.
    I'm now at $400 spent, my team is useless, I be lucky to rank in top 50 now against all the purple geared P2W teams.
    It's like yacht racing, biggest spender wins, this game no different.
    I'm lucky I work and earn a decent living, but if my wife saw what I've spent on this, a quick castration would soon follow.
    Another OP toon is Barriss with her " bypass bull " heal she does on heal immunity toons. Lots of players use her for that reason.
    If you can bypass a healer and fill slot with good DPS synergy group is good.
    Unfortunately on my server Bariss as leader still holds 6 of the top 10 slots in arena.

Half of the toons you listed are free, lol. True, P2W get them faster but that does not make the toons Op. P2W will always get toons much faster and hence more competitive in arena, that's a fact and many people have to get over it. Otherwise, no one would pay a cent.

Leia is pretty average now. I have her at a high star but rarely use her. Qui Gon Jin is good, but aren't those free options also op. Tell me if Lumi is less op. Tell me if Kylo (easy to get) and Sid are not as annoying as ****. Captain Phasma is free. Tell me that good Droid teams are not Op. Ben used to be good, he is just Ok now. Good luck in money grabbing if EA decided to nerf all premium toons to be subpar compared to free toons.

FOTP may be another story, we will see at higher levels and gears.

Fix bugs first before balancing.