Ackbar - viable counter to EP?

Benr3600
1098 posts Member
edited September 2016
Is it even worth my time/energy to farm tenacity mods? Been thinking about loading him with tenacity and a little speed and using him as leader since at least two of my arena heroes are rebels. Can he reach high enough tenacity to reasonably resist EP stuns?

Replies

• Options
    The short answer is no, not really.

The long answer is that if tenacity works the way the devs have said it does, then it needs to be INSANELY high to have even the slightest improvement against EP. I have a maxed EP with potency primary on the plus. No potency set bonus. No secondaries. His potency is 71%, and as leader it's 103%. I could easily push it up to 140% with the right mods. But using my kinda average level EP here is what AA would need.

With max gear, all tenacity set bonuses, tenacity primary on a 5 dot plus, and a bunch of tenacity secondary stats he might make 90% tenacity. If my EP leads then anything less than 119% tenacity is completely worthless. The same as 0%. He gets the base 15% resist rate, and nothing more. If my EP isn't lead you would be able to resist him 19% of the time instead of 15% which is nothing compared to how much work it takes to get your tenacity that high. And I could shuffle mods around for 2 min, and make it impossibly high for you to ever reach.

That being said, if you get good RNG, and AA manages to not get stunned the initial round, he could clear stuns/shocks from everyone else. But there is no amount of tenacity you can give him to make sure he gets through the initial AoE without getting stunned.
  • Options
    Okay, thanks for the clarification. So in other words, Jedi Luke or r2d2 will probably have a leader than takes 32% potency from empire enemies? :P
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Okay, thanks for the clarification. So in other words, Jedi Luke or r2d2 will probably have a leader than takes 32% potency from empire enemies? :P

Right now my Yoda makes me completely immune to debuffs of any kind. Stun and shock are worthless. EP is dead weight against my Yoda. And before factoring mods QGJ led Yoda starts with 62 points of speed more than EP, so modding Yoda faster than even the fastest EP is pretty easy. No further counter needed there. Just need to tweak Yoda AI to start with battle meditation on defense the way I do when I'm controlling him.
  • Options
    Luke with rifle is good to enhance your teams' Tenacity. May try it
  • Options
    johnne wrote: »

He still only grants 45%. If it were 100%, then maybe. However, best case scenario you can get your AA to 90-100% tenacity. With Luke that's 145% tenacity. If you face a potency-modded EP, AA's tenacity is still wiped out.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    johnne wrote: »

He still only grants 45%. If it were 100%, then maybe. However, best case scenario you can get your AA to 90-100% tenacity. With Luke that's 145% tenacity. If you face a potency-modded EP, AA's tenacity is still wiped out.

Yup. If you wanted even a 50-50 shot to resist a completely maxed out EP with 140% potency you would need 190% tenacity which is not currently possible by any combination as far a I know. But Yoda/Rex make you immune, so no worries.
  • Options
    You need to learn to Rex. Forget Ackbar.
  • Options
    Synfreak wrote: »

Oh yeah, forgot about him. What node is he on? What store are his shards in?
  • Options

Shipments. Quite a few folks have finished him that way.
  • Options
    That's cool. I'm not burning 26,000 crystals, I'm fine waiting.
  • Options

Shipments. Quite a few folks have finished him that way.

Yeah. And unless they were buying crystals they cut their own throat so badly by sacrificing refreshes they will be months behind other players. If you whale then learn to Rex. If you are f2p then Yoda is your best bet.
  • Options

Then you need to learn how to Wiggs. Or mod Rey,GS,QGJ who can all kill him before he acts.
  • Options

Then you need to learn how to Wiggs. Or mod Rey,GS,QGJ who can all kill him before he acts.

I have no problem with Palpataters, I was simply responding to the "just get Rex" post.
  • Options

I have no problem with Palpataters, I was simply responding to the "just get Rex" post.

He's a bum!
  • Options

I have no problem with Palpataters,

Gotta' admit, that's a hilarious name for EP squads. LOL
  • Options
    Sweet! So now we have Wiggs, Landakin, Danger Zone, and Palpataters :D

Let it be known, I may have contributed something (albeit just a name) to the forum besides annoying antics!
  • Options
    seems to work well for me. I'm at 108% tenacity though. Rarely when I go up against a palp team does AA get stunned.
  • Options
    That's cool. I'm not burning 26,000 crystals, I'm fine waiting.

You're right, especially since they made b2 and wedge available so fast after being exclusively p2p. I was paying for Rex shards, but now im waiting. Im sure he will be f2p soon.