FOTP and the meta

Durrun
1019 posts Member
edited September 2016
I've always been a big supporter of FOTP but after his nerf and the changes to advantage I, like the rest of us let him slip. Recently though with mods being so powerful and the meta changing so much I decided to give him another look. Modded him for 216% crit damage and crit chance and tossed him in my arena team of
Rex L
Anakin
Sun Fac
Clone Sarge
And Tie Pilot.

I'm very happy I did. With some speed balancing so Anakin goes first, then Rex and sarge Bringing the enemy teams TM to half. I have not fallen out of top 4 in a week. He has an insane damage basic with frequent double tap that allows me to snipe somone out from RG taunt, and silly damage on his special. He lacks the pure damage of Rey but he's only second by a small margine. He's often overlooked as well which makes it all the funnier when he pops off and one shots an enemy EP or Rex in this case on turn 1 :)
image_zps7n89dhhw.png

His basic too is crazy

image_zpsxdvzuhvh.png

These are offense up but it's about 9-10k and 20k without it :)

Overall he's a really good option when maxed and modded and one people might overlook unlike Rey who may as well just be a living bullseye. Overall I'm quite happy with what he has to offer :)

Replies

• Options
    I'm still slow farming him just for the FO mod challenge. Who knows when another FO challenge might pop up as well. My current objective is to have a team of 5 for all the main synergies. Thanks for confirming that I'm not wasting too much energy currently. :)
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    I've always been a big supporter of FOTP but after his nerf and the changes to advantage I, like the rest of us let him slip. Recently though with mods being so powerful and the meta changing so much I decided to give him another look. Modded him for 216% crit damage and crit chance and tossed him in my arena team of
    Rex L
    Anakin
    Sun Fac
    Clone Sarge
    And Tie Pilot.

I'm very happy I did. With some speed balancing so Anakin goes first, then Rex and sarge Bringing the enemy teams TM to half. I have not fallen out of top 4 in a week. He has an insane damage basic with frequent double tap that allows me to snipe somone out from RG taunt, and silly damage on his special. He lacks the pure damage of Rey but he's only second by a small margine. He's often overlooked as well which makes it all the funnier when he pops off and one shots an enemy EP or Rex in this case on turn 1 :)
    image_zps7n89dhhw.png

His basic too is crazy

image_zpsxdvzuhvh.png

These are offense up but it's about 9-10k and 20k without it :)

Overall he's a really good option when maxed and modded and one people might overlook unlike Rey who may as well just be a living bullseye. Overall I'm quite happy with what he has to offer :)

That's good to hear... Rey is popular... Only because she is a much easier farm....
  • Options
    I got him to 6* then they nerfed him and I gave up on him. Seeing this I wish I would've finished him off
  • Options
    I got my fotp to 7* a few months ago. Loved him from the day i unlocked him. Used him on arena team until i put ep in his place.
    He does second to rey damage. I used him in raid with high potency for landing his secondary atk giving offense down. With phasma grouped fotp gets advantage more often and his atk assist from phasma ldr ability can be a killer suprise. Literally!
  • Options
    I like that he maintains viability as dps outside of a phasma led squad. He's good in one for sure but he can do just fine without
  • Options
    I got this guy up to G9 but stopped when he got nerfed. I still use him in GW in Team 2, for the slightly harder but not Arena-hard matches ;-)

Very tempted to mod him properly and see what he's like after reading this thread.
  • Options
    Nice to hear that! I like that guy.
    Though I can't fight the feeling that with this line-up and with those mods, you could use any decent hitting toon with the same amount of success. There are no synergies or combos on that team. Just a well moded, hard hitting toon like dozen other, no added value.
  • Options
    I've got him but no Rex and Sun Fac so can't really try this out.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »

FOTP is just as much of a living bullseye. Only people who have forgotten his damage potential will overlook him.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Did you use crit damage mods to get that or was it through primaries and secondaries?
  • Options
    Crit dmg set with lots of offense. Crit chance secondary