Any news on how tenacity works?

LastJedi
3047 posts Member
edited September 2016
I stacked tenacity on old ben. He has 74%. Much higher than any of my other toons.

When I get hit by meatbag/88 aoe, it is almost guaranteed old ben gets more debuffs than any of my other toons. He will have 3 or 4 sometimes, when everyone else has just 1. Lol.

Old ben is only lvl 74 and 4 star and g8. So I believe lvl or gear matters more than tenacity?

Replies

• I'm 99% sure that level difference adjusts the potency vs tenacity calculation. Crit chance as well I believe. Keep track of your debuffs and crits vs low level enemies in the Rogue One event and the like for an example. I see an almost 100% crit/debuff rate against significantly lower level enemies.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ok. Well when someone figures out how it really works, I guess I'll hear about it. Lol

Against any potency toon, 70% should not make u worse.... not that it doesn't work but it looks like level or gear do something bigger than tenacity.
  • medetec wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure that level difference adjusts the potency vs tenacity calculation. Crit chance as well I believe. Keep track of your debuffs and crits vs low level enemies in the Rogue One event and the like for an example. I see an almost 100% crit/debuff rate against significantly lower level enemies.

Cool. This what I am talking bout. I'll keep track for awhile, then level ben to 80 and see what happens.
  • One of the dev's commented on this a few weeks ago, it was...

Chance to land = Defender Tenacity - Attacker Potency and if less than 15% chance, then 15% chance. Basically no matter how high an attacker's Potency is, there's always a 15% chance to resist.

Now, thinking back to the Evasion meta we know that any single match could be more than 15% chance to dodge. So I'm going to imagine that the odds are similarly skewed somehow when controlled by the AI. I have a 107% Potency EP and I've gone 5 straight arena matches not stunning anybody, surely at least 1 in 5 characters each match should get stunned.
  • Scuba has just linked you actual dev confirmation of how it works. There's nothing else to it. No hidden level differentiator or anything.

It is simply chance to resist = tenacity - potency.

Any other anecdotal suggestions otherwise are just observer bias.
  • Also meatbag is bugged i believe. Doesn't apply any resist check.
  • Josh_K wrote: »
    Also meatbag is bugged i believe. Doesn't apply any resist check.

Do we know that's actually a bug or intended? I now Kozi mentioned in another thread about Dengar that he wasn't intended to check defender tenacity, it's supposed to be automatic. Just curious.
  • Tenacity down is different i believe. Meatbag debuffs should all go though the resist check.
  • True. Well... abuse HK while you can I guess.
  • No tenacity down is bugged they still get their base fifteen.
  • No tenacity down is bugged they still get their base fifteen.

That's not a bug, tenacity down lowers chance to resist to the minimum value of 15%.