I'm a Mod Newbie, and need advice on a purchase.

MK V-A Offense Data Bus

Primary - .63 Health
Secondary - 1.58 critical, 5 def, 4 speed, 412 health
Set 5% off, bonus 10% off

3.91 M credits.

Worth it?

Replies

• That has a chance of having a high speed secondary. Or stay at 4 speed. It is gambling...
    That said, it is an offense set. If you are farming offense, it would be more worth it.
    I, personally, would probably do it just for the slim chance of getting a 20+ speed secondary.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I would not. I only look for speed primaries if I were to buy one. You can do the mod challenges and get that exact mod pretty easily. Health and offense primaries drop all the time. I just got a 5 dot potency mod with 5 speed secondary and it stayed at 5. A 4 speed secondary is not with 3.9M
  • Of course if you don't have the toons for the offense mod challenge and want a 5 dot offense mod, then that's a different story
  • Yeah - I haven't even done the mod challenges because I've been so focused on Cantina farming toons.

That said - I have 1 First Order character (Phasma) and wouldn't be able to do Offense mods anyway. I'm leaning towards nabbing it.
  • Not worth it.

If you buy a mod, it should have:
    1) A good primary stat (e.g. speed or crit damage; certainly not health)
    2) At least 3 secondary stats including speed 4 or 5 (and bonus: large protection (800) or offense (40) value...)
    3) A set you already have (so you can match it)
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • I would buy it in a heartbeat.

You cannot compete in arena without at least 5 15+ speed secondary mods if you are on a good server.

PVP is so easy with 240+ speed ST Han.
  • I probably wouldn't just cuz offense sets are pretty much worthless.
  • If you buy it, let us know how it turns out.
  • If I had the credits I would probably buy it. I refuse to spend $25 in crystals for a mod but credits are a different story.

And to the guy above saying you can easily farm that mod in challenges, you are freaking insane bro. The class A mods have a horribly low drop rate and even lower with a speed secondary.
  • I would not. I only look for speed primaries if I were to buy one. You can do the mod challenges and get that exact mod pretty easily. Health and offense primaries drop all the time. I just got a 5 dot potency mod with 5 speed secondary and it stayed at 5. A 4 speed secondary is not with 3.9M
    Tiggus wrote: »
    Not worth it.

If you buy a mod, it should have:
    1) A good primary stat (e.g. speed or crit damage; certainly not health)
    2) At least 3 secondary stats including speed 4 or 5 (and bonus: large protection (800) or offense (40) value...)
    3) A set you already have (so you can match it)

This +1

I get speed secondary every other day. I never have gotten more then a +5 but hey your gambling on a plus 4 so I would say not worth it