What do other Rebels do for a Wiggs Team? (How to run a full Rebel Wedge team?)

MrGrips
521 posts Member
edited September 2016
The typical Wiggs Team you hear about is: Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, STHan, Anakin/Rex/Palpatine. Im looking toward keeping the team REBEL, specifically for the fifth spot? What do you guys think? Any input is appreciated, id love to have an in depth knowledge on each rebel's possibilities in that slot. Here's my evaluation of the other rebels in this slot as I see it now:

Han Solo: One of the best choices, he has good utility in his stun, adequate DPS, and Crit Up which synergizes with the team. Unfortunately I don't have him, though.

Hoth Rebel Scout: I'm really interested in this guy. His TM gain on basic seems very useful, so does his stun, and he seems to have decent damage potential. The only issue is, his TM gain maybe be too unreliable to be worth it, and his stun% and potency make that something difficult to count on as well. However, his damage may make up for it. Ultimately I'm not sure how good he is in practice. Does anyone have more input on this one?

Luke Skywalker: May be an underrated choice. His users claim he has good damage, and his second ability seems to synergize quite well with Wedge. As a downside, his slowish speed seems to limit his damage potential (not sure if Wedge lead TM makes up for it?) and his second ability may not seem to be enough utility to have him in this slot.

Hoth Rebel Soldier: A second taunt could protect our DPSers and make up for a lack of damage. Offense down on basic is not awful either (although some basic attacks will be wasted due to your lack of dispel and the enemy's taunting tank), and his potency isn't the worst. Another downside to him though is that the protection may not at all be necessary, since the point of this team is to quickly destroy the other in a few fast turns, not get in a long battle especially when the other team likely has AOE anyway. I'm also not sure how much he helps even against teams that run a dispeller like QGJ, SF, and Echo.

Admiral Ackbar: I think Ackbar loses a lot when he's not leader (and not in a squad with lots of non-attack abilities). Cleanse in theory can help you against Palp teams and the rare Old Ben. Problem with that is that he very well might get stunned by Palp, and ability blocked by OB. Really seems risky running him just for that, not to mention how useless cleanse is against many other teams. Tactical Genius is okay, but not that great. Lando without TG would already gain a decent amount of TM on his barrage, making TG less necessary. Ackbar's damage is also quite inadequate. The only way I see him being useful is perhaps if his basic is omega'd, and with super speedy mods, maybe he could spam TG. I doubt it though.

Leia: I'm looking to replace Leia in my own team. Her damage is no longer top tier due to the armor update and she doesn't have too much reason to run besides that. Also, when you have squishy Wedge and Lando on your team, she really doesnt need to stealth to protect herself, your opponent wont care to attack her anyway. It's almost a wasted turn. Maybe I just haven't modded her good enough though? I really wanted her to work, he basic omega synergizes with Wedge's lead, and crit up is nice. On the flip side, single attack damage is less useful when your team runs on AOE damage, and your dispell-less rebel squad is gonna force her to hit that dumb taunting tank they have anyway. Also, a decently modded Lando may not need the crit up.

Scariff Rebel Pathfinder: I don't care about him so much right now, as he is 2-3 stars and we don't know where he'll be farmed. But I suppose when we can farm him, he's up for discussion. With a reliable TM gain on his basic, and an AOE offense down with the potency to stick it, he has a good skill set. If Hoth Rebel Soldier is useful in this slot, then this guy is probably better. Problem is, I'm not sure if HRsoldier is the best for that slot himself, for the reasons I stated up there. Two tanks may save you from some dispellers, but pathfinder may not protect your team very much from AOE, and without damage you may be running him purely for utility. Is his utility enough to make up for a lack of a damage in this spot? Input appreciated.

Lobot: Maybe he'd work if I swap out Wedge for HK, Biggs for 86, Lando for 88, and arena Rank 1-20# for Arena Rank 400-500#.
Post edited by MrGrips on

Replies

• slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Han is only legitimate choice unless you can run Ackbar lead and juice STH with crazy speed.
  • I've been having good success with HR Soldier. He's a solid tank with a good skill set.

Lando L, Wedge, Biggs, ST Han, HR Soldier.

Dont discount SR Pathfinder so quickly. Hes being run with good success by people right now. Just because he is only 2* does not diminish his usefulness.The difference between 2* and 7* is about 500 base damage (hes not there for DPS), 6k health (protection is not affected by stars), some crit and some armor. He has 30% life steal, 40% potency, 36% tenacity. Not bad. His skill set is also really good. TM gain basic (like HR Scout), AOE offense down, taunt, revive.
  • Darth_Barf wrote: »
    I have been using wedge, Biggs, leia, hrs, and now pathfinder. I started in May and there is not a lot of AOE teams on my shard. I agree with you about leia, but she practically guarantees a buff for PF to keep his revives going. I'm currently ranked in the top 30 somewhere. I'm anxious to see where
    I'll end up once PF gets all his stars. Right now I'm a huge target because of his 2*
    Btw scout is awesome. Especially when he gets to go twice. Throw a decent speed mod on him and you'll be very happy with his damage.

You're right about that nice synergy between Leia and Pathfinder. If I can get the guy and he works out itd definitely make me more interested in running her, or Han if I ever get him. However, I really like his abilities in theory, but im not sure his taunt can really protect your team at all, and that seems to be his main purpose(?). Considering how running only one tank leaves you open to dispellers and AOE. But, since you run him, id be curious to hear how well he works as a tank!

Good to know about scout, I've been working on him, anyway :0
    Han is only legitimate choice unless you can run Ackbar lead and juice STH with crazy speed.

Ah, I know he's the best in this squad. I don't have him though.. What's your thoughts on HRscout?
  • HRScout serves no purpose.

TM gain is unreliable. Better off with STH and speed to give TM.

Stun is unreliable.

Not enough empire opponents in arena for unique to matter.

• M9silent wrote: »
    I've been having good success with HR Soldier. He's a solid tank with a good skill set.

Lando L, Wedge, Biggs, ST Han, HR Soldier.

Dont discount SR Pathfinder so quickly. Hes being run with good success by people right now. Just because he is only 2* does not diminish his usefulness.The difference between 2* and 7* is about 500 base damage (hes not there for DPS), 6k health (protection is not affected by stars), some crit and some armor. He has 30% life steal, 40% potency, 36% tenacity. Not bad. His skill set is also really good. TM gain basic (like HR Scout), AOE offense down, taunt, revive.

Nice information, I'll edit the OP. I suppose I shouldn't have discounted him. And the double tanks should do well against teams with one dispel. My question then would just be, how does he work when you're up against AOE?
  • Updated OP with your guy's info.