PSA - BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT YOUR FIRST T7, READ THIS!

TommySitt
1690 posts Member
edited September 2016
Before you attempt your first T7, I strongly suggest that you first secure help to finish it if you get stuck. Too many times guilds are stuck in p4, only a few hours left, and no help is available. Most guilds that hop have tight schedules. If the players leave to help, they'll be locked out from rewards due to the 48 hr rule. But, there's a way around this - when they hop from one guild to the next according to their schedule, they have the opportunity to stop by your guild to finish your raid, then continue on to where they need to go. Two jumps in 24 hours is allowable.

Basically, find out when your help is available, and plan the raid so that they can finish it for you around their scheduled jump time.

Replies

• Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    The most efficient way for a borderline guild to finish t7 is as follows:

Only pig slayers do P1, no exceptions! As few as possible. Only one solo P1 team, if you have it. Take turns each raid if you have more than one solo team.

P2 and P3, the weakest players go. If you have two teams, hit the door once in P2, and once in P3. No overkill, when you get down to 20% of a stage, single file only, communicate in-game to avoid overkill (wasted dmg).

P4, run dodge leads - OB, Dooku, maybe Lumi to extend the round. Yoda typically isn't fast enough here to use his first skill for foresight, and then spread it to the whole party with a second move in the same round. Use Yoda in P2 or P3, only if Rancor health is above 50%, otherwise he's useless, since he won't gain foresight.

Get my teebo phasma Rex qgj and Dengar to do the entire heroic raid for you.

Or anyone else's squad like mine. We can do 98% of phase four. Or your entire raid. Easily.

I'm confused.
  • Options
    Sure glad they fixed guild hopping
  • Options
    @LordAlvert what are you confused about... he was giving really good advice to guilds who are just stepping up to doing a tier 7 raid and who clearly don't have a line up like yours... otherwise they wouldn't need someone to do it for them.

his advice is sound because we see a lot of people stuck with 8 hrs to go but people can't just jump in and help them due to the reward lock and risk loosing there own rewards. hence it makes sense to arrange your raid knowing help is going to be available..

am sure this makes sense now..... though to be fair it was pretty clear from his original post...
  • Options
    If the players leave to help, they'll be locked out from rewards due to the 48 hr rule. But, there's a way around this - when they hop from one guild to the next according to their schedule, they have the opportunity to stop by your guild to finish your raid, then continue on to where they need to go. Two jumps in 24 hours is allowable.

I don't understand what you're saying at all. I probably misunderstand something, but: these 48 hours are still going to count in the guild needing help, so helping players are still locked out from those rewards. How would "hopping according to their own schedule" give these assisting players a way around this?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If the players leave to help, they'll be locked out from rewards due to the 48 hr rule. But, there's a way around this - when they hop from one guild to the next according to their schedule, they have the opportunity to stop by your guild to finish your raid, then continue on to where they need to go. Two jumps in 24 hours is allowable.

I don't understand what you're saying at all. I probably misunderstand something, but: these 48 hours are still going to count in the guild needing help, so helping players are still locked out from those rewards. How would "hopping according to their own schedule" give these assisting players a way around this?

if i'm correct you still recieve credits and guild currency for the raid you're mercing in. As for their own schedule, returning to their own guild with enough spare time(2days) to be able collect the full rewards in the upcomming raid in that guild fits "their own schedule"
    edit: for example my guild only raids 3 times a week, that leaves one day i could potentially merc without having to worrie that i couldnt collect full raid rewards in my own guild. (for the record, i never merced)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    if i'm correct you still recieve credits and guild currency for the raid you're mercing in.
    They would not. Upon joining a guild after leaving another (which is what we talk about here) you cannot get rewards for raids for 48 hours. Unless the rewards are paid out after those 48 hours, so the mercs have to stay at least that long. And because a T7 only lasts maximum 48 hours, it's also clear they need to be in that guild before the raid even starts.
    for example my guild only raids 3 times a week, that leaves one day i could potentially merc without having to worrie that i couldnt collect full raid rewards in my own guild. (for the record, i never merced)
    After rejoining your old guild you need to wait 48 hours before being eligible for rewards. So any raid that is started before your comeback is wasted on you. Any raid started after your comeback must finish after these 48 hours, which technically is possible but still hard:
    1. you come back from the guild you helped at 8:00 am, day 0
    2. your own guild starts a raid at 11:00 am, day 0
    3. let's say there's the common rule of 24 hours/0 damage
    4. day 1 at 8:00 am you still have to wait 24 hours, at 11:00 am everyone could start doing damage but they must wait for you
    5. day 2 at 8:00 am you become eligible for raid rewards. That leaves your guild a window of 3 hours between 8:00 an d 11:00 to finish the raid.
    It's possible, but kind of risky unless your whole guild is extremely disciplined. But in no way you can also get the rewards for the raid you merced in, unless I still miss something (which is totally possible).
    edit: Because there's an extra hour between raid finish and payout, if the mercs join within the first hour of such a raid AND they stay the entire 48 hours (including the hour before payout) they could get rewards for the mercing. But meanwhile in their own guild they miss at least one raid.
    There's no benefit for mercs, but a lot of hassle with figuring out how to at least play even.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    for example a guild raids on monday, wednesday and friday. Claim rewards on friday, hop to the guild you're mercing in and back on friday/saturday. you'll be good to go on monday in your own guild. not that risky at all.
    If your guild starts raids as soon as they have 60k coins it's going to be alot more difficult ofcourse. But i reckon there are alot of guilds out there that raid on predetermined days. Mine does (+the occaisional weekend raid if we have enough coins)
    edit: so if i was a potential back up for a guild attempting t7 for the first time, they would have to start the raid on tuesday, so i could finish their raid on friday/saturday, and hop back to raid on monday in my own guild.
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sure, if you don't care for the rewards in the guild your mercing in, your first example works. But that's my point: why merc if you can't get any rewards? (btw, the example I gave above assumed one day in between raids, obviously with 2 days in between it gets easier as you've shown)
    But:
    if i was a potential back up for a guild attempting t7 for the first time, they would have to start the raid on tuesday, so i could finish their raid on friday/saturday, and hop back to raid on monday in my own guild.
    doesn't work. T7 only lasts 48 hours, if they start on Tuesday you can never finish it on Friday or Saturday.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    i obviously meant to say thursday, got the days mixed up in translation lol.
    And the OP probably didnt want to claim rewards in the guild he is mercing in, but he just doesnt want to miss out in his own guild. Nowadays mercing is a nobel thing to do. The anti-guildhopping measures prevented a win-win scenario for mercs/guilds, still didnt kill guildhopping/alt coinfarming though.
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Sure glad they fixed guild hopping
    Lol.
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    i obviously meant to say thursday
    I thought that later on, too :-)
    So it's possible to be back and not miss out on raids in your own guild if you give up the rewards for the raid you merced in. But the OP says:
    "If the players leave to help, they'll be locked out from rewards due to the 48 hr rule. But, there's a way around this".
    I read this as though the merc would somehow be able to collect rewards for the raid he mercs in while not missing out on raids in his own guild. I still don't see how that would work.
    But I guess you are right and the OP refers to rewards in his own guild. But then it seems this is not mercing but a form of altruism :-) because there's no advantage for the merc.
  • Options
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    @LordAlvert what are you confused about... he was giving really good advice to guilds who are just stepping up to doing a tier 7 raid and who clearly don't have a line up like yours... otherwise they wouldn't need someone to do it for them.

his advice is sound because we see a lot of people stuck with 8 hrs to go but people can't just jump in and help them due to the reward lock and risk loosing there own rewards. hence it makes sense to arrange your raid knowing help is going to be available..

am sure this makes sense now..... though to be fair it was pretty clear from his original post...

Thank you, sir

no bother.. that bloke trolls a lot... don't understand people like that.. you offered really solid advice and he decides to be like that... I don't understand some people... they obviously were not brought up on He-man, thundercats and bill & Ted's ... which taught us all to be nice/excellent to each other.
  • Options
    see that's why you post nice posts to help people :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks for the additional explanation, @TommySitt