Qui-Gon Jinn to the retirement home!

With all the AOE the single attackers are starting to feel very lackluster. The only thing keeping him is his debuff. I have been considering using a sauce Ventress with a little bit of speed and of course a 200 speed Stormtrooper Han to help

Replies

• Wow over 100 views not 1 comment?
  • Wow over 100 views not 1 comment?

Most of us put him in a home a while ago. Old news.
  • ArglosH
    189 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Qgj is still meta and i dont know why.. Jka does all better..
  • A sauce Ventress is priceless autocorrect failure. Other than that, not much to say to you. Yes, Qui Gon's defuff attack is the biggest reason he is still arena viable, but so what? He has the ability, and it is not going anywhere, so he should remain viable.
  • I left the auto spell like that, I thought it was funny...I still see him in a lot of arena teams. I just thought someone would give suggestions on a replacement, or say" nope I tried a sause and she's still useless". And it's Sunday so I have free time, why not post?
  • She's too slow. By the time her turn comes up to dispell a STHan taunt, the damage is done and you're already fighting a losing battle. I'd say, if you want a real AoE dispell, try B2.
  • Still using QGJ only because of a lack of other suitable toons to replace him
  • With all the AOE the single attackers are starting to feel very lackluster. The only thing keeping him is his debuff. I have been considering using a sauce Ventress with a little bit of speed and of course a 200 speed Stormtrooper Han to help

If you have any other dispell options then I would swap QGJ out. Ventress is far too slow to be viable imo. If you have money then sun fac will solve all your problems.

Who all is on your full arena squad?
  • I am just about to attempt a ventress team again. Thinking ventress (l), jka, ep, daka, and STH. Daka will have 241 speed with ventress leader ability which out speeds all STH and Biggs on my shard. Trying for an annoying stun team.
  • Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    With all the AOE the single attackers are starting to feel very lackluster. The only thing keeping him is his debuff. I have been considering using a sauce Ventress with a little bit of speed and of course a 200 speed Stormtrooper Han to help

If you have any other dispell options then I would swap QGJ out. Ventress is far too slow to be viable imo. If you have money then sun fac will solve all your problems.

Who all is on your full arena squad?

If you can speed SF up then QGJ isn't needed, but I appreciate a lot can't get SF, so QGJ still has a job. Taunt is still useful in some situations, but against mass AOE teams it's starting to die out (other than STH for obvious reasons).

• Palps STH ani and I change the last 2 rey GS RG liea depends who I fight all maxed with nice mods
  • Nobody has mentioned B2? Not only is his dispel better but he fits more easily into the AOE meta.
  • KingPin wrote: »
    Still using QGJ only because of a lack of other suitable toons to replace him

Same here. Hard launch shard, still making no 1 with Rex, Rey, RG, Phasma and QGJ. I face mostly droids/ Lando/ EP / dual tank squads. I'll drop him if/ when I go AoE. Single target squads, he's still good. Good damage output, offense up with dispel, extra damage and heal on assist, removes TM on basic and good base stats (read speed).
  • With all the AOE the single attackers are starting to feel very lackluster. The only thing keeping him is his debuff. I have been considering using a sauce Ventress with a little bit of speed and of course a 200 speed Stormtrooper Han to help

Does anybody use him as single attacker? I keep him in my team as a debuff and turn meter reducer. I have Ventress too but she sucks **** compared to him.
  • Once I get Lando to at least gear 9, QGJ will be out of my arena team. That's the only reason he's still there.
  • I use him and Ventress (with her as leader) in my arena squad. Having two dispellers is great against double taunt teams as well as droids.

It's also good for EP teams and that pesky Lando.

Not so good against the OBJ/STHan bromance.
  • I use him and Ventress (with her as leader) in my arena squad. Having two dispellers is great against double taunt teams as well as droids.

That bromance is dead and gone. It's all about the Wiggs love now :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    I use him and Ventress (with her as leader) in my arena squad. Having two dispellers is great against double taunt teams as well as droids.

That bromance is dead and gone. It's all about the Wiggs love now :wink:

Only two Wiggs in my shard ATM but I don't doubt it. Lando and Anakin are lowly showing up more and more. There are relatively few whales on my shard so the meta seems to change more slowly.
  • Top of the charts seems to be Wedge/Biggs/Lando teams right now. So boring to see everybody doing the same thing.