Love star wars - game novice

Love of star wars has overcome my disinterest in games like this. I am a novice to the mechanics, synergy, meta, etc of this game or any like it. But I've played daily for about three weeks. And I'm hoping that you who are more experienced, can push me in the right direction. Who should i continue with, who should be forgotten, and what would be the best arena team? Below is my current roster. I am a F2P player hovering in the 300s in the arena. I threw $40 into two chrome packs, but won't do it again... was a waste compared to what I've farmed. I'm only now getting a handle on the lingo by reading this forum. Your Insight is appreciated:

phasma-47-4*-V
chew-47-4*-IV
sid-47-4*-V
Lum-47-4*-V
Talia-47-4*-IV
JC-47-2*-IV
Boba-46-4*-IV
Luke-46-3*-IV
Tarkin-43-4*-V
Veers-42-3*-II
Greedo-42-2*III
Leia-1-2*I

Replies

• Options
    Continue with Sid and Lumi. I like Boba and I am using him,but the meta right now is Poe. He is a beast. So much health, he is so fast and has a taunt, plus he can manipulate turnmeters. I am going for him now. As for Luke - he deals damage, but is slow. But I don't have that much data on him to comment and i went for Geonosian Soldier. Eath Kot is solid with his stun as is Poggle. I was in a bit of struggle and then i put Poggle in my squad and I am back at top 10 again. He has solid HP, reasonable dmg, but the value comes with the buff - 3 turns offense up. Currently my squad is Sid (L), Lumi, JC , Boba and Poggle and I am pretty happy, but i need to get some hard dmg dealers and I suggest you to do the same. You have Luke so you can try him out - I've heard good things bout him, but he seems a bit slow to me. Star up your JC - you don't have enough chars imo, and JC is solid toon - good hp, decent dmg, cd reduction and easy to star up. You will see that after you reach lvl 50 and abov, Chewy will lose his value. He is not that good and that's it. 1 turn taunt, no dmg, very slow.... if you want a taunt, get Poe. You will need all of your chars in GW, but in arena you need to build something that can get the work done. With the cars you've got, you can be in top 200 with no problems. Get your Sid and Lumi to 7* and frome there, you will try some different things.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well a good strategy (espically for a free to play player) is to find a specific team and go for it. Good characters to go for in general is old Daka who had a great revive ability, poggle the lesser who has a great offense buff, count Dooku who has a good counter and chance to attack again, and old obi-wan/old Ben who is a great support character. But with your current characters I'd say the best are phasma (for her leader ability) Sid, boba luminara, and the counslar, all your characters are good (for example leia would go great with phasma) but the ones I mentioned are just overall good characters while some of the others would have to be part of a specific team to make them great
  • Options
    Hey welcome to the forum!
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the game! Stick with Sid, Lumi and JC--they're the base of my primary squad. Kylo and Barriss are my other two. They came from Chromium packs so don't be so down on your luck. However, f2p is definitely a reliable way to go.

Poe seems to be all the rage right now. I'm not good enough to keep up with the latest and greatest but my team is respectable at 40-80 pvp daily rating.

What do you want to accomplish in the game so I can give you better advice?
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate all of the insight! I'll stay the course with Lum and Sid. And mess around with the others to see what works best. I suppose my main worry is wasting resources on characters that aren't viable in the long run. Like Boba... Of course I farmed him as quick as possible because he's The Fett man. But is he useful? I haven't gotten much out of him yet. But that's where changing meta comes in. Is it possible, the game will change that could make him a better choice?