Anyone know how level dependent Potency vs Tenacity is?

Zooey
1607 posts Member
I know there's a level difference component to it based on my experiments in GW but I'm not sure how substantial it is. Just wondering because I'm going to put in suicide Old Ben soon and would like to know if I should keep him level 72 or take him to 80.

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Why 72... I guess u didn't max out his death buff. I went all the way to 74.
    Edit.. no sorry. Mine is 72.

He gets blocked a lot. Despite tenacity mods. Yeh I think lvl might matter
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    It maxes at 72
    Post edited by Zooey on
  • Level doesn't change tentacy and potenetcy
  • Level doesn't change tentacy and potenetcy

It doesn't change the stats themselves but it definitely changes how resist is calculated. Just take a low level debuffer and try to use him in GW to see. FYI, armor also depends on the level of the toon hitting you.
  • More often than not my 72 ben gets the most debuffs on him. And he is my only toon stacked with (over 70%) tenacity. So I believe there is a lvl effect.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Level doesn't change tentacy and potenetcy

It doesn't change the stats themselves but it definitely changes how resist is calculated. Just take a low level debuffer and try to use him in GW to see. FYI, armor also depends on the level of the toon hitting you.

Ooohwee. I use Zam in her 50s on my final 2 nodes of gw (technically even though they are 3 or 4*, they are still lvl 80). I haven't noticed her being resisted any more or less than she should be with both her bombs and electro goggles.

I also use her in t4 of the credit heist and the results are about the same. She might land all bombs or she might only land 1. I always just chalk it up to RNG.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Level doesn't change tentacy and potenetcy

Ooohwee. I use Zam in her 50s on my final 2 nodes of gw (technically even though they are 3 or 4*, they are still lvl 80). I haven't noticed her being resisted any more or less than she should be with both her bombs and electro goggles.

I also use her in t4 of the credit heist and the results are about the same. She might land all bombs or she might only land 1. I always just chalk it up to RNG.

Ooohwee. I guess I should've added in there that I also use a lvl 11 mob enforcer on the same nodes and those bombs tend to be the stickiest for some reason.
  • Ok, I will test tomorrow in GW with my level 60 vader to make sure and post screens.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    This is interesting actually considering that the rancor/capt is 10 levels above players on T7. Min resist may actually be higher than 15% in this scenario.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Josh_K wrote: »
    This is interesting actually considering that the rancor/capt is 10 levels above players on T7. Min resist may actually be higher than 15% in this scenario.

We were told by devs that the minimum is a hard limit in the code of 15%. It's doesn't change.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I can say that a lvl 15 toon attacking a lvl 80 with tenacity down certainly doesn't seem like a 15% chance only.

Actually, done a few more tests, possibly had some bad rng early on. It seems to be higher than 15% but not significantly. Hard to say right now with a small sample size.
    Post edited by Josh_K on