Yoda on defence.

Can anyone verify what skill Yoda uses first on defence in arena?

TIA.

Replies

• Options
    It differs from time to time,, i haven't seen yoda being consistent in his first attack,, it depends on how the battle is going,, who attacks first etc.
  • Options
    If there is no buff it is "Unstoppable Force", if there is a buff he use "Masterstroke"
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    Drake23 wrote: »
    If there is no buff it is "Unstoppable Force", if there is a buff he use "Masterstroke"

Do you know at what point he uses Battle Meditation?

I'm really looking at using a fast Yoda to give Tenacity Up before Palp moves.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

won't happen controlled by the AI. Just like phasma won't use victory march first on defence. Not much we can do about it, maybe make a post in the character section? Don't think it will help though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

won't happen controlled by the AI. Just like phasma won't use victory march first on defence. Not much we can do about it, maybe make a post in the character section? Don't think it will help though.

I figured that would probably be the case.

Sometimes the AI is so clever, like RG stunning QGJ when STHan's taunt is up, for example, and other times it makes you want to facepalm.

Still, might be useful on attack.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I figured that would probably be the case.

Sometimes the AI is so clever, like RG stunning QGJ when STHan's taunt is up, for example, and other times it makes you want to facepalm.

Still, might be useful on attack.

yes, very usefull. Mostly because palpi is an id1ot on defence aswell, and uses his AoE stun vs tenacity up.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I wonder if you used Yoda with IDG lead and Yoda counters before his first move and gains foresight, would he then BM first turn?
  • Options

Maybe if you have a faster toon who gives him a buff, he wants to give that buff to everyone using "Battle Meditation"
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Trouserdeagle
    267 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Maybe if you have a faster toon who gives him a buff, he wants to give that buff to everyone using "Battle Meditation"

Well the aim is to make him faster than Palps, which in some cases is very fast indeed, so I'd need to speed someone else up significantly to make them go before both my Yoda and the enemy Palpatine.

Who gives team buffs as their first move on defence? Royal Guard? Anakin if he gets Offence Up off his AOE? Anyone else?
  • Options

Well the aim is to make him faster than Palps, which in some cases is very fast indeed, so I'd need to speed someone else up significantly to make them go before both my Yoda and the enemy Palpatine.

Who gives team buffs as their first move on defence? Royal Guard? Anakin if he gets Offence Up off his AOE? Anyone else?

Yes that could maybe work, but I am not sure. Never test it or seen it.

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options

Ackbar, Chirpa, JE, Fisto, anyone knows, what Skill Plo Koon uses first?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    I was also thinking about using this strategy....

Have you tried it yet?
  • Options
    If you set AA and yoda to go back to back, so yoda gets tac genius,

what 2 moves would he use in order?
  • Options
    Vyse wrote: »
    I was also thinking about using this strategy....

Have you tried it yet?

It's working well on attack. My Yoda is 229 and and can go quite a bit faster if needs be.

On defence, eh, it's hard to say to be honest. Yoda looks like easy pickings so I'm more likely to get attacked in any case.
  • Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    I wonder if you used Yoda with IDG lead and Yoda counters before his first move and gains foresight, would he then BM first turn?

So yes if somehow Yoda gets buffed before his turn, he will share the buff first with BM. So if IGD is lead and Yoda gets attacked or if you have a characters that can call an assist (QGJ, Aayla, GS) and they call Yoda then he'll get foresight and if he still has it at the start of his turn he will BM. Otherwise he never uses BM first on defense.
  • Options
    Does Yoda use BM if the entire team already has the same buffs? Aside from tenacity up, that would be pointless. QGJ lead (speeding up both himself and Yoda) going first could call Yoda for the assist, granting him foresight, which would then prompt BM. But obviously, there's only a 25% chance Yoda would get the call, so that would not be a good plan. I think there's little that can be done on defense.
  • Options
    Yoda won't BM to open a match. The only reason you would have Yoda on your team is because you can get him to go faster than everyone else and put up Tenacity up before Poe/STH/Palp go and remove your teams TM. If Yoda did that on Defense, he would be viable but he doesn't so he is only good for almost guarenteeing the win on Offense. They need to change it to use BM first if the AI is controlling him.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Old_Scott
    217 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

You won't get Yoda to use Battle Meditation on defense, and you will lose to Palpatine teams every time with Yoda and Jedi. But, on the flip side, as long as Yoda is fastest, you will probably neutralize Palpatine and RG every time and probably win. I run a IGD lead Jedi counter team and on offense, Yoda uses BM, then there are usually 3-4 counters and assists to hit EP. If the opponent has STH, they all go to him and take him out pretty quick.

So, my take is, use Yoda and accept that you will lose on defense, but then rely on him on offense to get back up to the top. I can get up to #1 or 2 everyday with this team on a shard full of EP and STH teams.
  • Options
    Just tested it in GW node. Got extra turn meter banked on RG, used Imperial Phalanx and then hit Auto to let the AI take over. He still used Unstoppable Force first. Even if yoda has a buff on him before his turn starts he wont use BM to start. He will always use Unstoppable Force even if he has a buff present. The best you can do is get him to use it his second turn as long as the enemy team doesn't have any non-unique buffs present, otherwise he will use masterstroke (even if he already has that buff) and then BM third. I wish they would code him to use Unstoppable Force either on targets with less than 50% hp or just after masterstroke and BM. Its not a very good skill to use first, especially considering its much better after he's obtained some buffs from the enemy. But we can't really do anything about it.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Just tested it in GW node. Got extra turn meter banked on RG, used Imperial Phalanx and then hit Auto to let the AI take over. He still used Unstoppable Force first. Even if yoda has a buff on him before his turn starts he wont use BM to start. He will always use Unstoppable Force even if he has a buff present. The best you can do is get him to use it his second turn as long as the enemy team doesn't have any non-unique buffs present, otherwise he will use masterstroke (even if he already has that buff) and then BM third. I wish they would code him to use Unstoppable Force either on targets with less than 50% hp or just after masterstroke and BM. Its not a very good skill to use first, especially considering its much better after he's obtained some buffs from the enemy. But we can't really do anything about it.

Characters act different in GW than in arena.
    I have seen many times in GW opponents:
    Tanks not taunt first
    Other characters use basic first
    Leia not stealth first
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Tanks not taunt first
    Leia not stealth first
    I've also seen sthans in arena who did not taunt in first round and leia starting with basic instead of stealth ... honestly, i think, gw and arena use the same AI-script, but with a different chance on when to use the highest prioritized ability available (cooldown gone).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    Tanks not taunt first
    Leia not stealth first
    I've also seen sthans in arena who did not taunt in first round and leia starting with basic instead of stealth ... honestly, i think, gw and arena use the same AI-script, but with a different chance on when to use the highest prioritized ability available (cooldown gone).

I don't think I've ever seen STHan use anything other than taunt first.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Tanks not taunt first
    Leia not stealth first

Interesting. Unless ability blocked I have not seen, that I can recall, AI prioritize a basic over special ability in Arena.
  • Options
    I run him in arena and I know I get targeted for it.. I wish I could disable the masterstroke entirely on defense, I'm sure he opens with it most times.. I rarely ever use it anyway, and I would never, ever open with it..

Problem is he's so fast w QGJ lead that he is critical to counter high dps players like Rey.. on offense.
  • Options
    Tanks not taunt first
    Leia not stealth first

I'm right at 2,500 arena matches and I've never seen Leia not stealth (unless she got debuffed) 1st turn or ST Han taunt first turn. Even if they are debuffed by something like JKA's debuff block or EP's Shock, they will still typically attempt a stealth or a taunt even though nothing will happen. GW and Arena are different for some reason and I have witnessed that happening in GW for sure.
  • Options
    Hm, maybe Phasma fooled me. Its a time ago ...
    Left by design.