Rounding out a squad

Lando L
sth -220+ speed
Ani
-
-

I know wiggs are common, palps out there but for a sec. Pretend wiggs and palp didn't exist who would you place in those 2 spots.

Replies

• Phasma, b2, qgj, ig88
  • @Monsterstl

Care to explain to an extent the role they would play, what they would add, and the best pair to use together those 4
  • Lando L
    sth -220+ speed
    Ani
    Aalya
    SRP

Stun and shutdown aoe teams.

SRP - AoE offence down on taunt, omega to reduce cooldown, plus TM gain, very chunky
    Aalya - With high crit chance and potency is a great counter with stun, reasonably chunky

Xio
  • Xioborg wrote: »
    Lando L
    sth -220+ speed
    Ani
    Aalya
    SRP

Stun and shutdown aoe teams.

SRP - AoE offence down on taunt, omega to reduce cooldown, plus TM gain, very chunky
    Aalya - With high crit chance and potency is a great counter with stun, reasonably chunky

Ooo i IIke this lol

Actually working on bAayla atm. 35/100 g8 so won't be long for her
  • Most likely, you're only looking for answers involving high tier "meta" characters. But i run STHan and Anakin with Asajj and Ahsoka. It's very fun because they have naturally high health steal. So they trigger Anakin's passive turn meter gain, then heal above it next turn and soon trigger it again. Very fun team. Anakin takes a LOT of turns.

I'm sure it stinks on defense tho. Human players will focus down Anakin first.
  • Teague wrote: »
    Most likely, you're only looking for answers involving high tier "meta" characters. But i run STHan and Anakin with Asajj and Ahsoka. It's very fun because they have naturally high health steal. So they trigger Anakin's passive turn meter gain, then heal above it next turn and soon trigger it again. Very fun team. Anakin takes a LOT of turns.

No way dude! I'm the opposite of how you originally thought. Ani is my favorite character ,lando and sth is a beast,

but couldn't you tell im not a generic meta pleb when I asked for suggestions NOT named wiggs or palp lol.

Btw yes I love Ashoka, I would definitely run her but just not with this comp. I use her under my.ani lead tho

About the assaj....educate me :)
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dengar and IG88

As scoundrels they both benefit from Lando's lead. If you crit chance/potency mod Dengar, you should have a nice set of Dots for 88.

The key is to make sure Dengar has sufficient speed that his TM fills when STH taunts, and that 88 has slighty less speed so his TM doesn't fill with Taunt, but fills immediately after Dengar goes.

• Mullato wrote: »
    @Monsterstl

Care to explain to an extent the role they would play, what they would add, and the best pair to use together those 4

if you ran Lando (L) with your jka,sthan,phasma,b2, if you have phasma go shortly after Lando's first AoE with victory march the second AoE will be guaranteed crit on everyone and with jka potentially you will have offense up as well. B2 to remove buffs/taunts. Only thing is phasma is bad on defense so overnight I would swap her for RG or something
  • Dengar and IG88

As scoundrels they both benefit from Lando's lead. If you crit chance/potency mod Dengar, you should have a nice set of Dots for 88.

Never used 88 :/
    He's just seems so squishy, and I figured he would be out of place anywhere but a Droid comp

Dengar sounds sexi
  • Mullato wrote: »
    Teague wrote: »
    Most likely, you're only looking for answers involving high tier "meta" characters. But i run STHan and Anakin with Asajj and Ahsoka. It's very fun because they have naturally high health steal. So they trigger Anakin's passive turn meter gain, then heal above it next turn and soon trigger it again. Very fun team. Anakin takes a LOT of turns.

No way dude! I'm the opposite of how you originally thought. Ani is my favorite character ,lando and sth is a beast,

but couldn't you tell im not a generic meta pleb when I asked for suggestions NOT named wiggs or palp lol.

Btw yes I love Ashoka, I would definitely run her but just not with this comp. I use her under my.ani lead tho

About the assaj....educate me :)

My full team is:

Ventress (L)
    Ahsoka
    Anakin
    STHan
    Daka

Thanks to her lead, (and mods) my Daka is extremely fast and almost always goes first. Hopefully stunning an opponent or 2. Then Anakin goes and gives everyone offense up. I have Ventress 1 speed slower than him then Ahsoka 1 speed slower than her. This is deliberate with mods. A low health character like Rey is already dead at this point. Also, an AI QGJ will foolishly waste his dispell on someone's offense up. So by the time my slow STHan taunts, there's nothing the AI can do about it. They just feed me turn meter for a very long time. And both Daka and Ahsoka can heal Han to help him last. This often times triggers Anakin's passive several times. And Ventress is my dispeller. I almost never loose on offense since going to this team.

Defensively, I doubt this team poses much threat. The AI doesn't use it like a human player can. I fall a lot over night. But it's a very fun team to play as.

As far as Ventress goes... she's just too slow to be viable. She almost has to be leader just to make up for being so slow. AoE dispell is nice, and she crits a lot, gets decent damage and self heals very well. But the combination of slow and one of the worst AIs in the game make her very unappealing to most, and completely useless to someone wanting to finish under top 25 in arena.