Game Update - 9/28/2016 Comments and Questions- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Shoretrooper has a taunt that prevents crits will destroy all the AoE/crit attackers like Lando, Anakin, and Wiggs. He's got an auto taunt to open the round, so that counters the first turn issue. Plus the heals all the time...

Then TIE fighter gives tenacity down and AoE buff immunity, and all those extra foresights for debuffs on enemies paired with EP and Vader????

I haven't looked at the DPS or health stats but the abilities are CRAZY. They'll make EP (L), Vader, RG, TIE Pilot, Shoretrooper unstoppable
  • djvita wrote: »
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Did someone bought the Mods pack? If so, how is it?

i got a lot of blues greens and purples, mostly 4* so you get 8 for the price of one in shipments.
    got one 5* offense mod with +4 speed secondary, got up to 12 and put it on my sthan. now 203 speed!

Humm... Then i guess i'll buy it, thx for the info
  • nessionice wrote: »
    That TIE pilot + Vader + EP = Deadly combination

EP (l), TIE pilot, RG, Shore trooper and Vader... Run to the hills!
  • They both look insane. They counter the current meta. I'm hype for the crit immunity. Lando is OVER.
  • That's what we're discussing. I'm having a feeling this will be meta.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    nessionice wrote: »
    That TIE pilot + Vader + EP = Deadly combination

EP (l), TIE pilot, RG, Shore trooper and Vader... Run to the hills!

New meta right there.
  • I'm hoping shore trooper doesn't end up in a b2 says "lolz I mass dispel you" situation where he's useless.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Pacdiggity wrote: »
    They both look insane. They counter the current meta. I'm hype for the crit immunity. Lando is OVER.

The Danger Zone squad got countered hard.
  • B2 is useless?
  • Cashavelli wrote: »
    B2 is useless?

No, I mean b2 mass dispelling making shore trooper's crit immunity useless
  • Muahahahaha... >:)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • I'm just waiting to hear, chromium only crap coming soon at least for shoretrooper. We might get a shot at Tie Pilot only because he is the login character. Crossin fingers I'm wrong tho.
  • It's making me rethink finishing the last star and a half for wedge this weekend or abandoning ship on him and doing a quick start on someone else like b2.
  • james2266a wrote: »
    I'm just waiting to hear, chromium only **** coming soon at least for shoretrooper. We might get a shot at Tie Pilot only because he is the login character. Crossin fingers I'm wrong tho.

I'm 99.99999999999999999999% sure that Shore trooper is the tournament reward
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Cashavelli wrote: »
    B2 is useless?

His cooldown mechanic should help somewhat vs dispels. Buff immunity is a counter to him. Plus hes also healing your entire team when he taunts.
  • Pacdiggity wrote: »
    Shoretrooper has a taunt that prevents crits will destroy all the AoE/crit attackers like Lando, Anakin, and Wiggs. He's got an auto taunt to open the round, so that counters the first turn issue. Plus the heals all the time...

Then TIE fighter gives tenacity down and AoE buff immunity, and all those extra foresights for debuffs on enemies paired with EP and Vader????

I haven't looked at the DPS or health stats but the abilities are CRAZY. They'll make EP (L), Vader, RG, TIE Pilot, Shoretrooper unstoppable
    Replace RG with Tarkin and you're spot on >:)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Josh_K wrote: »
    Cashavelli wrote: »
    B2 is useless?

His cooldown mechanic should help somewhat vs dispels. Buff immunity is a counter to him. Plus hes also healing your entire team when he taunts.

Plus his level 1 basic has a 40% chance to inflict Critical Chance down for two turns.

If his basic at omega level ends up being 50% chance or more at delivering Critical Chance down, then he's definitely a hard counter to the current meta.
  • hyperXgen
    169 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Should be interesting
  • Shoretrooper is cool, I like him (and he's probably the tournament reward, unless shoretroopers have been in Rebels or some other thing I haven't seen).

That said, I've got one peeve about him:
    Empire already has a taunter, the basic Stormtrooper, and it's garbage. Stormtrooper is a very bad no good awful character, and instead of improving it they've just added a new character that does everything Stormtrooper does, but better. Completely chomps the flavor of a character who already exists.

As I said, though, I like Shoretrooper. I just wish Stormtrooper wasn't so veryveryverybad.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • So a surge of empire toons will hopefully lead to a new event to earn Jedi Luke
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    irafreak wrote: »
    So a surge of empire toons will hopefully lead to a new event to earn Jedi Luke

Exactly! I'm hoping for it... And since this new Empire Meta will probably break the AoE crit Meta, Luke will probably have some unique/leadership skill that will counter the empire meta teams! This will be a classic Empire x Rebels... Well, at least i hope this will be the direction of CG devs... Would be a smart move.

PS: Some good synergy with Jedi would be great as well!
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Josh_K wrote: »
    B2 is useless?

The problem is when other allies use a special, Shoretrooper will gain TM and shorten his taunt period.
    Maybe.. GG will get some synergy with Shoretrooper.. by letting him Taunt!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    You realize you are playing a F2P/P2W game right? This isn't a console game where you spent $60 up front and everyone's equal outside of individual/team skill.
    But in a tournament? Not good. Let P2P pay to level/gear/mod their toons BEFORE the tournament. Not at the last second when the other guy practically has the trophy in his grasp. Nice try at calling it a tournament. The right word is auction.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Shoretrooper is cool, I like him (and he's probably the tournament reward, unless shoretroopers have been in Rebels or some other thing I haven't seen).

That said, I've got one peeve about him:
    Empire already has a taunter, the basic Stormtrooper, and it's garbage. Stormtrooper is a very bad no good awful character, and instead of improving it they've just added a new character that does everything Stormtrooper does, but better. Completely chomps the flavor of a character who already exists.

As I said, though, I like Shoretrooper. I just wish Stormtrooper wasn't so veryveryverybad.

I agree with the peeve a lot. One of my bigger complaints about the game recently is that they'll create this power creep with the new characters they release while leaving the other 80 in the dust.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about giving the whole team crit immunity. I'm a low spender and I've stayed away from the aoe meta, but been working hard ever since mods were introduced max my teams damage with crit mods. If this guy becomes a regular in my shard, it's really going to be hard for me to recover from this possible meta shift.
  • Meta shifts happen. Sidious leads became Bariss leads became Dooku leads became Poe became Rey became lando became wiggs.

Just build your roster and when the game shifts you adjust to the game now.
  • The game now is not nearly as easy to shift to as it was in March. Too much time and resources go into one character. We can't have a different meta each month
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Imbicatus wrote: »
    Meta shifts happen. Sidious leads became Bariss leads became Dooku leads became Poe became Rey became lando became wiggs.

Just build your roster and when the game shifts you adjust to the game now.
    I takes so long to get gear 10/11, though. Back in the day, it didn't seem like they dropped this many new toons on us. Rey sat on the throne for... like... 3 months?

Now only whales have time to play the new meta before it's over. lol. (I'm still working on rey, BTW, hahahahaha)
  • The game now is not nearly as easy to shift to as it was in March. Too much time and resources go into one character. We can't have a different meta each month

While I largely agree with this statement, I see it as a positive. Instead of constantly playing keep-up-with-the-meta, only to have it change as soon as I've earned the characters to play in that meta, I focus on gearing up characters that I find interesting. Eventually they will cycle around to become the new meta.

Or they won't. But, if they don't, at least I'm doing something that interests me and I find original. Folks get their fun in different ways, and that's how I get mine.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Hammer wrote: »
    First impressions of TIE Pilot and Shoretrooper? TIE looks like he can do some serious damage, inflicts Tenacity Down and Buff Immunity, and gains foresight.

Shoretrooper gains taunt before the start of the fight.

I'm impressed.

So am I, those toons are gonna be fun to field. EDIT: optimistic Shore Trooper doesn't end up in chromiums and everyone has a shot of getting him from tournaments.

I also want to share the aforementioned disappointment regarding Stormtrooper. I seriously hope he gets a rework of sorts in the near future.
    Post edited by TemperTantrumRen on
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    johnne wrote: »
    Josh_K wrote: »
    B2 is useless?

The problem is when other allies use a special, Shoretrooper will gain TM and shorten his taunt period.
    Maybe.. GG will get some synergy with Shoretrooper.. by letting him Taunt!

No he gains health, the ally who uses the special gains TM, huge difference
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
This discussion has been closed.