Using Crystals/Gear Farming question

DiscoSlice
275 posts Member
edited January 2016
So I've been F2P pretty much all the way. Decided to buy the $19.99 crystals package to help with gear.

I noticed that it starts with 50 crystals for a Crystal Refresh for Light/Dark missions, then another 50, then 100, then 200. Is it diminishing returns to buy the 200 Refresh I assume?

Im grinding some purple Mark 4 gear and yeesh, 20 purples, times 2 for two pieces of gear is expensive.

I dont wanna buy a 200 refresh if it's better to just wait till reset. advice?

Replies

• Options
    It's up to you to decide whether it is worth it. If you have a decent surplus of crystals and don't plan to buy any chromiums (which I don't recommend), then go for it.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    It resets daily. Personally I spend 150 crystals a day doing 2x 50 crystal resets and an arena reset. Usually I can finish in the top 20. Sometimes top 5 or 10. This nets me enough crystal so that I can buy a chromium or do a cantina reset every few days
  • Options
    Yes since you won't refresh Crystals every week, price is important to you. i would refresh 100, 100 in regular missions and 100 for Cantina, even if no gear it's important. The 50, 50 you can recoup with what you earn in Arena I hope.

If you do 200, 200 too for regular, you spend more on thise twonrefreshes than in the first 4 refreshes (50, 50, 100, 100 = 300....vs 400). It wont last you 4 days if you do 200....try to self control!
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    It resets daily. Personally I spend 150 crystals a day doing 2x 50 crystal resets and an arena reset. Usually I can finish in the top 20. Sometimes top 5 or 10. This nets me enough crystal so that I can buy a chromium or do a cantina reset every few days

I do the same except I did by a $20 pack for the level cap raise. Then went up to 500 per day. Pretty easy to bank it up with decent arena finishes.
  • Options
    By the way, get to level 62 as fast as you can, a lot of the purple gear you need is in the gear challenges that unlock at that level.

Those Mk3 Carabanti Sensor Array Salvage things you need 50 of, they're there and you can earn up to a possible 5. The purple laptops go up to a possible 3 from 2, etc....

Not every item is there but a fair bit of the most common stuff you need.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    ty I'm almost 56 now
  • Options
    I usually do the two refills for 50 each on normal energy, and one for 100 on cantina energy. I did get a $20 crystal package to farm once and I went up to the 200 mark on each, once it reached 400 for refills that was way out of line for me.

I'm not happy on how the prices escalate in first place, but reaching to that point was certainly a no for me. I wonder if they go to 800 or more afterwards.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    Try focussing your energy where you need it. I use two cantina refills at the moment because i want to star up poe and kylo. And the purple mats are a bonus. If your party gains the most from upgrading gear right now, direct your energy there. (Although i suggest 1 cantina refill a day=1 shipment/day)