Advice on Arena Squad and short / long term planning

I'd like some advice on my arena squad along with what I should be looking at farming.
Currently I can get get into the 180s for arena awards but then I fall back so far that the next day that I can't seem to make any further progress.

I'm level 60
The current squad I use is:
Phasma 5* (L) Gear 7 / Leia 4* Gear 6 / Sid 5* Gear 7/ Dooku 3* Gear 7 / Lumi 6* Gear 7

I also have available Qui-Gon 3* Gear 5, FOTP 3* Gear 4, GS 4 * Gear 3, Kylo 4* Gear 3, Poggle 4* Gear 2, Chewie 4* gear 5, 3* 5's Gear 3, 3* Han Gear 4, JC 5* Gear 6, Vader 4* Gear 4.

A handful of other characters that are sitting at level 1 I haven't done anything with.
Should I Swap any of those into my Arena squad now for better defensive results?
long term strategy:
For the GW shipments should I get Lumi to 7 or Phasma to 6 first?
I'm just an occasional spender so Leia and Qui-Gon aren't going to get to 7* anytime soon.
Should I continue to buy Sid in Arena Shipments?
Should I be farming FOTP to replace Leia?
Should I gear up Kylo and keep farming him to replace Dooku or should I continue to farm Dooku?
Should I be going after PO? Seems like he is all the rage these days. I have 25/50 shards right now. Who should I replace once I have him and at what */gear level?

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• I'd rather finish farming Lumi than Phasma. Phasma to me is such an overrated character base don my use of her and facing her.

I say yes, keep buying Sid and I wouldn't replace Dooku with Kylo given my play against Kylo. Dooku is a stud for me and he is usually a stud for other teams I face as well

I don't know if you can really do much about not gaining spots unless you fork out a bunch of crystals to fight a bunch each day. The arena mode is simply set up to favour those who do battles rather than defending.

Yesterday at reward time I was 83 or 84 and right now I'm 124. Fought twice this morn, won and yet here I am 40 spots less than yesterday. Nothing I think to do with my team (chances are I could fight the teams that beat me and win just like they could then fight me again and win) but just how the mode is.

Other than the people in the top 10 or so, I gather most who don't move in ranking are simply not being picked as opponents.

It's a very flawed design. IMO that is.