Raid Han and the Shore Trooper

So the upcoming new Shore Trooper looks like a great toon.

Its unique is it starts each encounter with a Taunt. Very cool skill.

That said, I really hope that Han's shoot first skill supersedes this taunt. If not, it will be very sad that a character that took significant work will have his only truly useful skill rendered obsolete by another character....

Replies

• Oooohwee. I'd agree unless the shoretrooper is a reward from either the upcoming raid or PVP tournaments. If he is on a node or shipment, I'd be pretty upset.
  • I wonder if speed is the deciding factor in this. I'm glad someone else was wondering the same thing.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Oooohwee. I'd agree unless the shoretrooper is a reward from either the upcoming raid or PVP tournaments. If he is on a node or shipment, I'd be pretty upset.

Shoretrooper is the PVP tournament reward. From reddit:

EVENT_PVPTOURNAMENT001_SUMMARY|Battle against other Galactic Champions to earn the exclusive [c][ffffff]"Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"[-][/c] character - the Shoretrooper!
  • I think the Shoretrooper should miss his taunt and Han should blast him .... or wait does Han "Really" shoot first? lol

O
  • My guess = coin flip. Just like when to raid Hans face off.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    My guess = coin flip. Just like when to raid Hans face off.

Ooohwee. I believe the taunt will be active before Han goes, forcing him to hit shoretrooper. Kinda like how g spy has stealth up before Han can shoot, making it so Han can't hit him.
  • That makes sense.. Han's 'bonus turn' wouldn't start until all the other 'start of each encounter' conditions are applied. Shoretropper isn't taking a 'turn' to gain taunt, it's just there at the start.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I say it's fine that a character has a counter. Especially since Shoretrooper will be similarly hard to get in tournaments.
  • Aero wrote: »
    I say it's fine that a character has a counter. Especially since Shoretrooper will be similarly hard to get in tournaments.

Well I don't disagree that it's fine to have a counter, but Shore trooper would be a great toon even without the starting taunt. Han on the other hand is a one trick pony. That was acceptable when he gives you an advantage to stun key toons such as JE, Rex, Sunfac. If they take away that advantage, it'd be nice if they gave him about 30% more effective health and higher base potency so he can be run anyway.....

Also, Technically empire already had a Han counter as an EP lead lowered his already low potency by 32%.

If I was a droid user, I'd seriously consider running Shoretrooper.....