client / game constant updating - how to stop this?

Sarryen
474 posts Member
edited September 2016
I am not sure if this bug has been reported yet and how many people it affects.

Basically ever since the update on 28/9 my game won't stop updating and this has now made it literally unplayable.

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon

A brief history:
- i was one of the people who had the 'file localization' error when trying to manually install the update on 28/9. i cleared the app cache and it then seemed to work okay.
- however, now when ever i open the game (or it closes itself / client restarts) the game loads data constantly. it's as if the game has been installed for the first time whenever it is opened and every action in game then leads to a 1-20mb download (and I mean every action).
- if i leave the game open then gradually this stops happening (presumably the data is saved in memory), but as soon as the client closes and is opened again the same thing happens.
- i have a 10gb wifi limit from my ISP provider. heroes has used over 1gb of data in the past 48 hours or so - the chart below was the state of play yesterday after the update it is now much worse today:

Screenshot_2016-09-29-20-54-081.png

- i have tried clearing the game cache / data and completely deleting the game and re-installing the game - the same thing happens.

Is anyone else suffering the same problem? anyone have any fixes?

If I can't solve this problem then I'll have to stop playing as I can't keep wasting so much data usage :(

Just to add - I am on android (Hudl tablet).

Replies

• Is the memory on your tablet full? I used to have that problem until I cleared a bunch of music off my phone.
  • Ahh I know your issue, a simple fix, switch to apple.
  • i have more than half the storage on the device free (>5gb). it seems to be linked to the errors with the update lots of other people were reporting. maybe the game caching is bugged? i don't know.

anyone else having this happen?
  • Ahh I know your issue, a simple fix, switch to apple.

If he does that though, he'll have to multiply the cost of everything times ten. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • It's worth it in the long run lol
  • What version of google play store do you have, are you able to see your SW Achievements..?

Have you run CC cleaner recently..?

Are you Marshmallow or Noughat.?

Are you able to run your account on ANDY..?

A

“Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
  • Okay - i made one last effort to fix this - deleted the game (again), cleared lots of space on the tablet....

..and it now seems to be working. I'm not sure if this is down to what I did as I tried reinstalling several times already with no success (and the files I deleted were much less than the free space available before).

Or it could be maybe it was linked to the popup error that they fixed (?)

Anyway, i seem to be functional again... for now!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Glad to see a clean install and clearing storage on the device sorted the problem!

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines