To Droid Players

Prev1
99.99% of time i see HK-47, IG-88 and Jawa Engineer on droid teams but i see different combinations for B2, IG-100 and IG-86. My quesitos is when to use the last three droids? And what's your favorite PVP Droid Team Squad.

Replies

• Iron_Maiden_Jedi
    280 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I got 88, 86, HK, JE and ST Han. Struggling in top 10 daily on a whale November 2015 server. Was #1 (oh yeah B)) before but speed mods ruined that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Don't have 100, so I run hk, je,88, 86,B2.

B2 is a must and honestly a very versatile toon I will put in non droid teams.

I would like to try 100 in for 86 or even chief nebit, but 86 is the inly one I think I would change out.
  • Options
    B2? More like Bae2.

It's a real dreamboat.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I go old school with Poggle... HK 88 86 poggle RG. I usually finish between 25-15 on a November server. I drop to about 45-55 overnight tho.

Working on B2 at the moment.
  • Options
    Most universal one is hk, je, 88, 100 and b2. They both bring good and needed kit for droids.
    100 gives that sexy tm reduction and can do that move each two turns, also he places offence down on dangerous aoe folks either manualy or on counter attack.
    B2 brings on demand aoe dispell, which he can use extremely oftrn, considering he moves non-stop if your droids get hit, also he places evasion down debuff to beef up 88s damage and eliminate that "2%" dodge chancein AI team. Even if his damage is small, it adds up really fast.
    Now 86 doesnt perform that good atm. His special is broken and provides no extra damage, tho it can help to burst down key toons like Ep, ani, lando down in a few hits, but, BUT, that is if he actually summons someone onther tham freaking je, which he rarely does. Still if you really need that key toon down asap and u're feeling lucky, give him a try and replace 100 or b2 depending on whoose kit you need against target team.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If you want to beat faster JE droid teams without the RNG, Magna is very useful. His skillset is perfect for killing other droids.

Here's my unique "droid" team for killing these rust buckets. HK L , Magnaguard, RG, ST Han. Fill in the blank with w/e meatshield you have left. You could win with Phasma or Barisse. But B2, Fac, Old Ben, 5's, Poe would all be better. Yeah, this beats Je and B2 teams, too.* If you have a better toon for ST Han spot, and also have Fac, you might even defend, I bet.

My shard doesn't have any other Magna teams for months... I think that could change things.
  • Options
    Most universal one is hk, je, 88, 100 and b2. They both bring good and needed kit for droids.
    100 gives that sexy tm reduction and can do that move each two turns, also he places offence down on dangerous aoe folks either manualy or on counter attack.
    B2 brings on demand aoe dispell, which he can use extremely oftrn, considering he moves non-stop if your droids get hit, also he places evasion down debuff to beef up 88s damage and eliminate that "2%" dodge chancein AI team. Even if his damage is small, it adds up really fast.
    Now 86 doesnt perform that good atm. His special is broken and provides no extra damage, tho it can help to burst down key toons like Ep, ani, lando down in a few hits, but, BUT, that is if he actually summons someone onther tham freaking je, which he rarely does. Still if you really need that key toon down asap and u're feeling lucky, give him a try and replace 100 or b2 depending on whoose kit you need against target team.

This! JE plus 4 AoE attacks. Everyone can land debuffs which feeds 88's unique. 88's basic is your sniper shot - mine has been criting for 18k at times since the update. It's not the 1-2 punch of 86, but this team grinds better than if you have 86. If RNG is unkind to you, you can be sunk pretty quickly with an 86 team. In this comp, each droid is responsible for its own task, and they all do it quite well.
  • Options
    I run Hk, 88, 86 and JE.
    The 5th spot is great to play around with depending on the enemy squad or battle type.
    Lumi for GW and ST Han for arena currently.
    IG100 for raids.
    I also have been developing Lobot (good against debuff), Phasma (speed boost) and Nebit though not much use yet.
    Will look into B2 when finished other farms.
  • Options
    Zathrack wrote: »
    My quesitos is when to use the last three droids? And what's your favorite PVP Droid Team Squad.

Use B2 when facing double taunt teams or other teams where dispelling enemy buffs is essential (maybe also if facing a single highly geared/fast ST Han).

I always use IG—86 for the single—target dmg.

Yes, IG—100 has his uses, but I personally don't have the habit of using it.

Nesbit has great utility and I use him most of the time but he's really slow and needs speed mods (who doesn't?).

Grevous? No idea.

• Options
    HK, JE, 88, B2, Nebit
  • Options
    HK, JE, 88, B2, Nebit

For this comp, you actually want a slow, high health/protection Nebit with omega on taunt and aoe. He will perma-taunt and soak up damage. However, this doesn't mean much if the opponent has B2 or Sun Fac.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Arena? HK 88 86 b2 JE
  • Options
    RyanRen wrote: »
    HK, JE, 88, B2, Nebit

For this comp, you actually want a slow, high health/protection Nebit with omega on taunt and aoe. He will perma-taunt and soak up damage. However, this doesn't mean much if the opponent has B2 or Sun Fac.

I use crit avoidance on Nebit and not on a shard with B2 or Nebit but I don't like Qui
  • Options
    Am I the only Droid runner that hates JE?
  • Options

Yes
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Yes

Talk for yourself here...

JE starts the engine that is droids and thats it...
    No dps, no worth and keeps assisting 86
    Speeding droids up to the point where they dont need je without losing damage is the answer but hard to achieve
  • Options
    So, for current meta you like more IG-100 Magna than IG-86, interesting. How do you see it @UNivek? UNivek is one of the best droid players, wanna know his opinion.
  • Options
    I like how I don't have any droids or meta teams or meta toons for that matter and still do quite well.
  • Options
    What's you team?
    I like how I don't have any droids or meta teams or meta toons for that matter and still do quite well.

What's your team?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options

What's your team?[/quote]

Also curious, what is your definition of quite well?
    Lots of people make top 20 or 50 with eclectic teams.

• Options
    HK, GG, 88, 86, JE
    Always rank 1, very rarely drop out of top 3. Actually haven't moved from rank 1 in over 24h now.
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    JE starts the engine that is droids and thats it... No dps
    No dps? It totally depends where you use him. Take a look at this screenshot from my first T5 raid in which I used JE.
    Heroes_2016_09_11_03_04_03_1.png
    You may think his damage is 0 but really JE did most of the damage here. It was in P2 or P3. JE at gear 9, the others gear 8. Sorry, at this point everyone was still gear 8.
    Of course, in a shorter battle he doesn't deal much damage because his opponents are dead before his bombs trigger. But it's not a simple case of "no dps".

• Options
    Hk, gg, 88, b2, je
  • Options
    Anyone who are using : rg, lumi, sthan, etc... You're doing something wrong...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yes

Speeding droids up to the point where they dont need je without losing damage is the answer but hard to achieve

I use his detonators to great effect. I don't see him assist that much, no more then anyone else.

Yes you could speed your droids but you will never get the whole team to that lvl. No amount of speed can compete with a straight tm add. And his ability means you can mod 1 toon and not need to focus solely on speed for everyone. And the tm added crushes even the fastest opponent.

Also under hk lead je s increase to crit chance is key to the double first round assault.
  • Options
    You could put high speed and don't use JE. But it's really hard to setup a full droids over 220, but yes, could work
  • Defense1236
    737 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Yes

Spend Thousands of Cantina energy to speed up one of the slowest factions, or use JE, who can place bombs everywhere(they actually do help), revive, and recalibrate... I tried speeding up droids with mods but could only get HK to 121, Magnaguard to 131, and 88 to 152, which is not fast enough to. beat Rey,
    The thing about JE always being called to assist is wrong, you mainly focus on when the do stuff wrong but may less attention to when they do it right.
  • Barry
    127 posts Member
    Options
    I run hk 88 86 je nebit and consistently finish top 3 everyday I'm farming b2 but with new toons arriving sad too say droids may have had there day:(((
  • Options
    Barry wrote: »
    I run hk 88 86 je nebit and consistently finish top 3 everyday I'm farming b2 but with new toons arriving sad too say droids may have had there day:(((
    They are not that good, ShoreTrooper is anti Lando and Raid Han, TIE pilot is kind of like 88

• JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The loadout of your droids will depend on who you're facing. If you're facing Palpy you need 86 because you have to kill him before he gets the full team stun off. Same with Lando at the moment. You can't let these two hang around. Otherwise Ig100 is your best bet for sustained damage because of his counters feeding TM. The only flipside is if you can get 86 to speed 170 with mods. His every other turn assist will speed up other droids because it fires so **** often, almost like Biggs.

Now the endgame for droids isn't JE but a speed 209+ ST han. I've seen a couple of droid teams sub han in for JE. At Hans speed is 30% will fill droids with speed 160 speed to full, their speed probably could be lower and they still go first. So I'm aiming for him right now to replace JE for obvious reasons. Sure he can be dispelled but after HK and 88's attacks there's a good chance QGJ has nothing to bring that opening round.

So against palp
    HK lead, 88, 86, B2, Je

Or against basic
    HK lead, 88, 100, B2, Je

Or endgame (super speed modded)
    HK lead, 88, 86, B2, St Han
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."