Does Clone Sergeant need potency?

Guys I run an Anakin lead. The day his rework went live, I started farming CS. Well I am still not to 7* yet, but I only lack a few more days of farming until he will be 7*. Today I leveled him to level 80, I maxed his gear and went to fill up his mods. I am wondering if I need to equip one of my +24 potency mods on him?

His AOE removes 50% tm. It doesnt say specifically that its a chance. It specifically says remove 50% tm.

One of the guys in my guild told me he wouldn't need it because Phasma doesn't need it to give +tm so he wouldn't need it to remove it. In all honesty in don't see that being the case.

So can y'all help me... Should I be giving him potency as primary and secondary stat mods? Ive been trying to give him speed and crit chance... Thoughts?

Replies

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    He needs potency. The 100% chance to remove 50% turn meter does not take into consideration tenacity. With his natural potency you'll never remove any turn meter.
    Post edited by Dooku_for_days on
  • The philosophy about phasma is very wrong.. ANY positive effects to team will happen unless you are under buff immunity. ANY negative effects to the enemy need to go through the Porency - Tenacity = chance to apply equation before they are applied. Pls I am sarges biggest fanboy if you have more questions about mods etc message me on the forums or add me on line app I'll be glad to help :)
  • @Durrun I dont have line, but I'll download it just for that. I'm having a TERRIBLE time tying to get his mods equipped. Do you have the same user name there?
  • Seems like you need to join a good guild @Speaker4thedead
  • I am durrun1 with a clone trooper avatar. :)
  • Seems like you need to join a good guild @Speaker4thedead

Eh, they are ok. I always finish top 5 in t7 raids... I mean I am a day 1 hard release player who has never missed a single day of playing, and I didnt know the answer. I had to come here and ask. I just knew from experience that didnt seem like legit logic.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Durrun wrote: »
    The philosophy about phasma is very wrong.. ANY positive effects to team will happen unless you are under buff immunity. ANY negative effects to the enemy need to go through the Porency - Tenacity = chance to apply equation before they are applied. Pls I am sarges biggest fanboy if you have more questions about mods etc message me on the forums or add me on line app I'll be glad to help :)
    Oh really?

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    @Aero you don't know that by now? XD I believe I originally joined in on the empire thread cause somone bad mouthed sarge XD
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    @Durrun oh I certainly believe you are a big Sarge fan. He was one of my first 7 stars as well. Just nice knowing I'm not alone. It used to be everyone ranked Sarge as a bottom tier character, how foolish.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    @Aero certainly not bottom tier for sure! People just misunderstand his use. He is an attacker for sure but not your main dps. He's an exceptionally heavy hitting support who's main use is to be a hard hitting disruption to the enemy squad. Gaining TM on crit and cycling his turns for his huge team TM reduction. With right mods and speed he can slow down most squads, disrupt turn order in your favor and dish the damage to boot