Mace Windu Discussion and call for a buff

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Sidious > mace + yoda

Look, i like mace an yoda, i really do but facts are facts. Sidious was toying with them both (this is why sidious was laughing the whole time he fought yoda and was obviously just sucking anakin in to turn him)

True sith are far more powerful then any jedi hands down (this is why there need only be 2 sith)

Like it or not, sidious coulda killed yoda or mace whenever he saw fit.
  • Abyss wrote: »
    Sidious > mace + yoda

Look, i like mace an yoda, i really do but facts are facts. Sidious was toying with them both (this is why sidious was laughing the whole time he fought yoda and was obviously just sucking anakin in to turn him)

True sith are far more powerful then any jedi hands down (this is why there need only be 2 sith)

Like it or not, sidious coulda killed yoda or mace whenever he saw fit.

You obviously don't know why the rule of 2 is there. It's not because they are so powerful you only need 2. It's because they just kept killing each other. They spent more time trying to gain power over each other than making an actual impact on the galaxy.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    The reason why there can only be two Sith isn't because they're OP but because they succumb to infighting otherwise :)
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    The reason why there can only be two Sith isn't because they're OP but because they succumb to infighting otherwise :)

Beat you to the punch. I win
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    *waves hoof* You will delete your post, go home and rethink your life.
  • Sidious is laughing because he's **** and evil.
    My grampa does the same thing.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Sidious is laughing because he's **** and evil.

Bet your grandpa beats you with his walking cane. Don't come to the forums crying.
  • Sid is a silly old man, there's only 2 sith because they are so weak.
  • SubjectZero
    176 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Haha thanks you guys. Last replies were quality! You guys are amazing.

Nonemo, remember de CW animation is still declared canon by disney. Meaning sids insane skills vs savage and maul are canon and all. Me saying he coule be average was more an gesture to the fact it has nowhere be stated he is the strongest. He beat 2 sith, savage and maul with ease. That show enough how powerfull he is. He also fought with windu and yoda on par. Meaning he is a sith of that caliber. But people saying sith will always be atronger then jedi bother me. And again im a sith fan! My favorite star wars chars would be vader, aniken, maul, ren, doku, grieves and toda or something among those lines, most sith. But people state false information with "muh sith are strongur".

Also thanks for the person explainig rule of 2! Rule of 2 is canon as mentioned in the movies, it explenation is not i think? But according to the old EU sith were as big as the jedi. But because of all the fight among thenselves, one sith killed everybody and started the rule of 2 so sith could remain in the shadows and not kill eachother. That started sids world domination plan, that was started by other siths hundreds of years ago. But that part is no longer canon. So forget that haha.

My "opinion" is that sith are probably as powerfull as jedi. Sid is a exception, he is among yoda and windu level. But doesnt have to be stronger. Just on par. But this is a opinion. Also fun "fact", nowhere is stated that sid likes force lightning more then saber combat. We just see it more in the movies.

I also lold ad the angry grandpa thing. Some good posts here :)
  • Getting back on topic...

Just found out that Mace actually has the 3rd worst 'Physical Critical Rating' in the entire game. Quite amusing that both Jedi councilor & Luminara(both healers btw) have a way better chance of pulling them off then poor old mace does. Lmao

Like how can any of that make sense? It's ludicrous.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Delete
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    KAULI wrote: »
    When I face him hes the one who do the higher average damage from enemy team. Multiple attacks with 1k+ each, between normal attacks and counters.
    I dont have stunt, I hate facing him

Huh???
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Sidious is laughing because he's **** and evil.

OMG lol, this makes makes me want to watch Return of the Jedi again.. Only now I will watch it knowing the emporer has dementia

Royal Guards- trained geriatric medical staff just waiting for him to loose his last bit of sanity

Vader- realising the impending total lapse of his Master pleads with Luke to help him overthrow him cause he's all scared what his boss is gonna do with the new death star
  • Wow this topic has been completely derailed.
  • I agree. Mace Windu is very sub par. I use him for my arena team and hold a top 50 spot. I have him at lvl 63, 6*, half way to 7*. Maxed gear XIII. I've used him in my exclusive Jedi team (I'm too stubborn to change, and really love my Ima counter team). I run him with Lumi, JC, Ahsoka and Ima.
    They do well, but Mace absolutely under performs compared to other tanks. Lots of HP, but people leave him for last with no taunt, which also makes his unique useless. Combined with Ima's def up buff, he hits decently hard, but not enough to make him a threat. His dispel is nice and has served me well the entire time I've used him, but I wouldn't call it reliable.
    I think with a few buffs, Mace could be good. Not overpowered, but in line with other heroes would be nice. I also don't care if he is kept as a tank, or changed entirely, or even changed "because lore". It would just be nice to not have him more worthless than the unamed heroes.
    There have been some good suggestions (dispel is aoe, gives def up, etc.), and I don't have more to add there. Any sort of buff to bring Mace up would be nice though.
  • M9silent wrote: »
    I agree. Mace Windu is very sub par. I use him for my arena team and hold a top 50 spot. I have him at lvl 63, 6*, half way to 7*. Maxed gear XIII. I've used him in my exclusive Jedi team (I'm too stubborn to change, and really love my Ima counter team). I run him with Lumi, JC, Ahsoka and Ima.
    They do well, but Mace absolutely under performs compared to other tanks. Lots of HP, but people leave him for last with no taunt, which also makes his unique useless. Combined with Ima's def up buff, he hits decently hard, but not enough to make him a threat. His dispel is nice and has served me well the entire time I've used him, but I wouldn't call it reliable.
    I think with a few buffs, Mace could be good. Not overpowered, but in line with other heroes would be nice. I also don't care if he is kept as a tank, or changed entirely, or even changed "because lore". It would just be nice to not have him more worthless than the unamed heroes.
    There have been some good suggestions (dispel is aoe, gives def up, etc.), and I don't have more to add there. Any sort of buff to bring Mace up would be nice though.

I really, really like the idea of smite being an AOE attack actually. Atm he poses absolutely zero threat to any squad and can be safely left for last for PvP.
  • Yeah, whenever I see a Mace, I usually feel good knowing I can leave him till last. Then I realize I have one, and people feel that way when they see my team, hahaha. Nearly 5k power though, so he at least beefs up my power. Also, with Ima lead, I'm sure he gets plenty of counters in to add more damage (something about AI proc rate conspiracy or whatever, ha).
    Anyways, turning his Smite into an aoe was one of my favorite suggestions. Giving Mace more potency would help him secure the dispels as well. Maybe a 1 turn taunt on it to force people to target him (Poe has a multi purpose taunt, so its not out of the realm of possibilities)? Could make his unique worth something. He could also stay a slow tank too, giving enemies time to buff up.
    Yeah, whenever I see a Mace, I usually feel good knowing I can leave him till last. Then I realize I have one, and people feel that way when they see my team, hahaha. Nearly 5k power though, so he at least beefs up my power. Also, with Ima lead, I'm sure he gets plenty of counters in to add more damage (something about AI proc rate conspiracy or whatever, ha).
    Anyways, turning his Smite into an aoe was one of my favorite suggestions. Giving Mace more potency would help him secure the dispels as well. Maybe a 1 turn taunt on it to force people to target him (Poe has a multi purpose taunt, so its not out of the realm of possibilities)? Could make his unique worth something. He could also stay a slow tank too, giving enemies time to buff up.

Yep they are deadset zero threat to most squads, there's no reason to attack him at the beginning or even midway through the match. God I feel sorry for anyone who actually went out there and purchased him a couple months back lol

Maybe one of the developers has a grudge against Samuel L Jackson or something I dunno.
  • Mace Windu needs to be completely revamped. Mace was said to have had the most aggressive fighting style out of all the Jedi, so he should be an attacker, not a tank. Also, his ability "Heroic Sacrifice" makes no sense. Mace did not sacrifice himself, he was betrayed and murdered. Like others have said, I am happy to see Mace Windu on the opposing team, because it feels like 5 vs 4 and I leave Mace for the end. I have never felt threatened by him. He's in a sad state for being the number 2 guy on the council.
  • Well, regardless of lore, he is a big name in the SW universe. I feel a buff would be good, but this is CGs interpretation of him, so maybe not a whole kit rework.
    Anyways, if CG gave his special dispel a taunt for 1 or 2 turns, that would force the enemy team to focus on him. Whether to try and rip the taunt buff off, aoe around him, or focus kill him, he would take damage. That would make his unique ability useful. Even half health gives his team some nice turn meter.
    Now, if they also made his dispel special AoE, that would actually make him good. Asajj has an aoe that dispels and heals. Mace is a tank. His dispel should be aoe (scale down the dmg to balance if needed) and make him taunt (a tank that taunts? Whoa) and he would be perfect IMO. And who cares about his basic. If you like him, put someone in that gives Def up regularly. I do (Ima).
    Anyways, I feel he should be buffed. He doesn't have to have his whole kit redone in order to be brought in line with other tanks. With just a few tweaks, and I feel he would actually be a good asset to a Jedi team.
  • BigBoss wrote: »
    God I feel sorry for anyone who actually went out there and purchased him a couple months back lol

Maybe one of the developers has a grudge against Samuel L Jackson or something I dunno.

Don't feel bad for us. In time, when the meta changes, then we'll see. It's the nature of any game in the entire world. The M-E-T-A changes. One day, it's Dooku and Barriss. Then Poe and Phasma. Then Dooku and Sidious. Then who knows, Mace and QGJ?

If you think or know Windu is a step or two away from being great, why not invest? Isn't it like Stock Market where you buy low, sell high? Like Cinderella, from rags to riches? Like Pretty Woman from streets to mansion?
  • DarkWingGlee
    571 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    BigBoss wrote: »

I really, really like the idea of smite being an AOE attack actually. Atm he poses absolutely zero threat to any squad and can be safely left for last for PvP.

I use him a lot in Galatic Wars. The payout is better in GW anyways. And yes, he gets me 4 good battles before he dies and that's enough for my next round of heroes to finish GW. Do you finish GW daily?
  • BigBoss wrote: »

I use him a lot in Galatic Wars. The payout is better in GW anyways. And yes, he gets me 4 good battles before he dies and that's enough for my next round of heroes to finish GW. Do you finish GW daily?

Yeah I use him in GW every day pretty much. He usually opens for me then when he drops I switch over to my A team, he usually ends up surviving around 4 battles for me on average too. Doesn't get too many kills though usually.

Payout can be great in GW I agree I try to get as far as possible every day. Kinda wish Cantina points were just as easy to get as GW points, takes forever to save those.
    Well, regardless of lore, he is a big name in the SW universe. I feel a buff would be good, but this is CGs interpretation of him, so maybe not a whole kit rework.
    Anyways, if CG gave his special dispel a taunt for 1 or 2 turns, that would force the enemy team to focus on him. Whether to try and rip the taunt buff off, aoe around him, or focus kill him, he would take damage. That would make his unique ability useful. Even half health gives his team some nice turn meter.
    Now, if they also made his dispel special AoE, that would actually make him good. Asajj has an aoe that dispels and heals. Mace is a tank. His dispel should be aoe (scale down the dmg to balance if needed) and make him taunt (a tank that taunts? Whoa) and he would be perfect IMO. And who cares about his basic. If you like him, put someone in that gives Def up regularly. I do (Ima).
    Anyways, I feel he should be buffed. He doesn't have to have his whole kit redone in order to be brought in line with other tanks. With just a few tweaks, and I feel he would actually be a good asset to a Jedi team.

He should definitely be buffed,.
    A toon with tons of health and nothing else, is a joke. If he is a tank, then give him a taunt!
    Same for other "tanks" in the game.

Many toons are really bad in this game because they are designed as tanks but don't have the most important thing a tank has besides a big health pool and defense: taunt. A tank with no taunt is useless.

If he is a "support" toon, then make his abilities and synergies be a bit better for the group.
  • @AKK889 I completely agree. A tank without a taunt is useless. Mace, Plo, CT 5s, Savage, etc, all saved for last when I see them. With no taunt to draw my fire, I aim for all the glass cannons, healers and bigger threats first. While some have a bit of utility (assists, slows, debuffs, etc), they still are not priorities.

All tanks should have a taunt. Maybe the lower end tanks get a basic, 1 turn taunt. Others get a mid tier taunt, 1 turn still, but does something else (Chewie's gives health+, Han's gives turn meter). And finally, save the best taunts for top tier guys. Look at Poe's taunt. Turn meter removal, expose, 2 turn taunt. Awesome.

Any tank that doesn't have a taunt can easily be give a 1 turn taunt, and they should get one. Savage could be here, Teebo as well for example (make his leader not stealth him, but taunt him up instead. It'd be unique, like the RG's). Other chars can be given the mid tier taunt. Just toss a 1 turn taunt on to their specials (First Order ST's buff, CT 5s assist skill). And finally, give some other chars besides Poe a top tier taunt. There shouldn't be 1 char with the best taunt hands down. Other tanks should compete. They don't all have to be fast, but have a taunt thats just as good as his. Make Mace's debuffs an aoe and a 1/2 turn taunt. Maybe adjust Chewie's taunt to give a team buff (potency+, evasion+, etc) for a few turns as well as what it does, and you'd have another really good taunt.

Just my thoughts on taunting. Sorry for the slight derail with other chars. Anyways, as I said before, Mace deserves a buff. He's a big SW name at the minimal, and offered in a pack/bundle for sale. He needs to be worth the price at least.

• AKK889 wrote: »
    M9silent wrote: »
    Well, regardless of lore, he is a big name in the SW universe. I feel a buff would be good, but this is CGs interpretation of him, so maybe not a whole kit rework.

He should definitely be buffed,.
    A toon with tons of health and nothing else, is a joke. If he is a tank, then give him a taunt!
    Same for other "tanks" in the game.

Many toons are really bad in this game because they are designed as tanks but don't have the most important thing a tank has besides a big health pool and defense: taunt. A tank with no taunt is useless.

If he is a "support" toon, then make his abilities and synergies be a bit better for the group.
    M9silent wrote: »
    @AKK889 I completely agree. A tank without a taunt is useless. Mace, Plo, CT 5s, Savage, etc, all saved for last when I see them. With no taunt to draw my fire, I aim for all the glass cannons, healers and bigger threats first. While some have a bit of utility (assists, slows, debuffs, etc), they still are not priorities.

All tanks should have a taunt. Maybe the lower end tanks get a basic, 1 turn taunt. Others get a mid tier taunt, 1 turn still, but does something else (Chewie's gives health+, Han's gives turn meter). And finally, save the best taunts for top tier guys. Look at Poe's taunt. Turn meter removal, expose, 2 turn taunt. Awesome.

Any tank that doesn't have a taunt can easily be give a 1 turn taunt, and they should get one. Savage could be here, Teebo as well for example (make his leader not stealth him, but taunt him up instead. It'd be unique, like the RG's). Other chars can be given the mid tier taunt. Just toss a 1 turn taunt on to their specials (First Order ST's buff, CT 5s assist skill). And finally, give some other chars besides Poe a top tier taunt. There shouldn't be 1 char with the best taunt hands down. Other tanks should compete. They don't all have to be fast, but have a taunt thats just as good as his. Make Mace's debuffs an aoe and a 1/2 turn taunt. Maybe adjust Chewie's taunt to give a team buff (potency+, evasion+, etc) for a few turns as well as what it does, and you'd have another really good taunt.

Just my thoughts on taunting. Sorry for the slight derail with other chars. Anyways, as I said before, Mace deserves a buff. He's a big SW name at the minimal, and offered in a pack/bundle for sale. He needs to be worth the price at least.

Liking what I'm reading boys. Keep it coming.
  • pay2win wrote: »
    Seeing as though Mace beats Sidious in the movies maybe they could add some kind of a damage boost against sith characters? His unique ability needs to be completely redone omg.

It's funny how certain charcters can have their taunt abilities work '100%' of the time like poe for instance but not debuffing type of abilities.

The game is really imbalanced imo. Needs a bit of work.

Why do people think Mace beat Sidious? Sidious sent him out a window.

Because Mace did beat him? lol is this a real question?
  • pay2win
    624 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »
    Seeing as though Mace beats Sidious in the movies maybe they could add some kind of a damage boost against sith characters? His unique ability needs to be completely redone omg.

It's funny how certain charcters can have their taunt abilities work '100%' of the time like poe for instance but not debuffing type of abilities.

The game is really imbalanced imo. Needs a bit of work.

Why do people think Mace beat Sidious? Sidious sent him out a window.

Because Mace did beat him? lol is this a real question?

Mace didn't take Sid to jail or even kill him like he tried. Instead, Mace was splattered on the concrete. If that is winning, I'd rather be a loser.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    We already went over the facts once or twice in this thread I think :) Whether Mace won or not is ambiguous. But we can probably all agree that he put up a good fight and was one bad SoB Jedi. And he deserves a big buff in this game.

If you all remember the developers' post with the "Rule 66 update", they stated that they made changes to Sid and Maul to better reflect their abilities in canon. This is interesting since that would suggest that the devs do try and keep their toons decently true to the spirit of their characters.

I think they intended for Mace to be a solid combo of attack and defense. If they made him to attack-y, they'd have to make him more squishy for balance purposes. Mace's regular attack does hurt a bit when he has Def up. This could perhaps mirror Mace's defensive qualities, and his Jedi approach to fighting.

But in my view, his skillset would have been more befitting of the most defensive Jedi of them all, obi-Wan Kenobi. Mace should have ATK up skills, possibly an AOE to reflect his binding speed, and receive defensive bonuses vs Sith.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd be happy if they buffed his basic attack a little and made his debuff remove special an AoE like Ventress, only not broken.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762