Mace Windu Discussion and call for a buff

Replies

• @Nonemo If they decide to change Mace's kit based 'off lore', that would work for me. I would love a high damage dealing Jedi on my team. If they decide to just tweak his current kit to make it better, I'd also be happy with that. I enjoy his kit now, and have used him since I unlocked him and will continue to do so. 7*, max gear 8.

As it stands, I find him useful, but underperforming. He does all right taking Poe's taunt off. Not a ton, but its helped some. I also run Ima, so he has def up. Makes him hit harder, but he's no FOTP (nor should he be. Or should FOTP...). Once Ima gets his leader 8 ability, all counters will do 25% more dmg, essentially giving Mace double damage on counters thanks to Ima.

Anyways, I haven't given up on him, and I'm hoping for a buff. If not, I may be the last person who runs him :smile:
  • M9silent wrote: »

As it stands, I find him useful, but underperforming. He does all right taking Poe's taunt off. Not a ton, but its helped some. I also run Ima, so he has def up. Makes him hit harder, but he's no FOTP (nor should he be. Or should FOTP...). Once Ima gets his leader 8 ability, all counters will do 25% more dmg, essentially giving Mace double damage on counters thanks to Ima.

Anyways, I haven't given up on him,

and I'm hoping for a buff. If not, I may be the last person who runs him :smile:

I feel same way. Useful, but underperforming. Good word. I built mine and use him alot in Galatic War. However, it's a long battle and in the end I win, but i'd like Mace to do a bit more.

That's constructive post. ty.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I fought a 7* purple geared Mace in GW. He tickled my Luminara and removed her advantage. I lol'd.
  • I have to believe EA will eventually do Mace justice and give him a relevant buff in the near future.
  • @Telaan Aw, that's sad. Maybe it was mine, hahaha.

@AhsokaGuano I really do hope they give him a buff. I don't feel like he deserves to be as bad as he is. I'm not looking for a super OP Mace here (I wouldn't complain, hahaha) but having him on par with the mid tier tanks would be nice, if not top tier.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this update. High hopes they give us all what we would like, a Mace Windu buff!
  • Telaan wrote: »
    I fought a 7* purple geared Mace in GW. He tickled my Luminara and removed her advantage. I lol'd.

What rank in Arena did you fight Mace?
  • @DarkWingGlee It could have been pretty high, depending on server. I hold a #48-27 spot regularly using my counter team. It does pretty well. Even with the Order 66 patch and everyone running Sid, I have little to no trouble
  • M9silent wrote: »
    @DarkWingGlee It could have been pretty high, depending on server. I hold a #48-27 spot regularly using my counter team. It does pretty well. Even with the Order 66 patch and everyone running Sid, I have little to no trouble

I admire your strategy and using what you have.

I also bought the Jedi pack and immediately geared and leveled my Mace Windu. I will say he needs work. Yes. I will say his many short comings. Yes.
    But I must admit he has his usages and he is rather well engineered. He just needs damage increase and something to push his usage with the Jedi to a greater effect.

Have you been farming Mace's mission in Cantina? Tell you a secret, it is one of the better Cantina maps to do. I love it as much as I love farming Kylo's. Many many shards per day.

I know people complain of CAntina, but I think it works for me.

And Mace is great or a hero in Galatic War. He hurts Chewbacca teams very much. Royal Guard's Defense up for all heroes helps Mace in GW. Royal Guard is a poor-man's Ima Gun Di , but I don't have Ima. I am farming for him. please give me more ima shards!

Mace and Ima would rock.
    Mace and Royal Guard is a nice substitute.
  • @DarkWingGlee Yes, he could use some work. Nothing an aoe dispel/taunt can't fix though :smile:

And yes, I've been farming Mace's hard nodes since I unlocked them. I started farming his cantina node right after I got my Jedi Con to 6*. I used the cantina tokens to get my Ahsoka Tano to 6*, which worked out nicely. Add in Luminara from GW shipments and a really lucky Ima Gun pull from a chromium pack (super happy, been farming to upgrade) and that's my team. Max gear level minus 1 or 2 pieces (Ima can't get gear IX till lvl 70, buts he's one of a few who can get there).

It's like 23k power and perfect Jedi synergy :smile:
  • Mace should not be a tank and his abilities don't fit his character at all :/

Other characters get abilities and stuff based on lore and stuff
  • Wispsi wrote: »
    Mace should not be a tank and his abilities don't fit his character at all :/

I Agree Wispsi, his lore and fighting style from the Star Wars universe is all about relentless offensive capabilities, his in-game version doesn't reflect the real Windu.

May I ask why he is not a Tank? He went up against Darth Sidious one on one while 2 other Jedi Masters died in less than 1 minute into battle. What is your definition of a tank? Like Arnold or Rocky or a football player with muscles and a bald head? Windu is bald head. Why can't he be a tank?

Why is Teebo a Tank? Why is Barriss a Tank? Please explain?

I don't question lore too much. The game is trying hard to satisfy lore, gameplay, and all kinds of synergy and help. It doesn't make sense only because you fail to see the game as a game of mathematical stats and rng. If you see the game as mathematical stats that the computer crunches to make win or lose, then you accept the heroes and play according to what wins the most time.

Mace at least is not a Jedi who dies at the hands of Clone soldiers. He died vs. Anakin and Sidious. To me, that's tank enough.

I Agree Wispsi, his lore and fighting style from the Star Wars universe is all about relentless offensive capabilities, his in-game version doesn't reflect the real Windu.

I don't watch cartoons. In Italy, even children don't watch cartoons. Maybe in your country. But I do like Japanese animation. The girls are very pretty. But I don't watch it for the story or the tank. I watch it for the....well, not for the story.

May I ask why he is not a Tank? He went up against Darth Sidious one on one while 2 other Jedi Masters died in less than 1 minute into battle. What is your definition of a tank? Like Arnold or Rocky or a football player with muscles and a bald head? Windu is bald head. Why can't he be a tank?

I don't question lore too much. The game is trying hard to satisfy lore, gameplay, and all kinds of synergy and help. It doesn't make sense only because you fail to see the game as a game of mathematical stats and rng. If you see the game as mathematical stats that the computer crunches to make win or lose, then you accept the heroes and play according to what wins the most time.

Mace at least is not a Jedi who dies at the hands of Clone soldiers. He died vs. Anakin and Sidious. To me, that's tank enough.

You are very special, he shouldn't be a tank, nor is he representative of one in the lore. I guess I'll just say that one more time, you are very special :wink:
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member

*Three other Jedi masters ;)

A bald head does not a tank make. Windu was first and foremost an attacker. There's plenty of lore regarding this. Some has been decanonized but not all.

Barriss is classified as a healer.

Why would you want to see a Star Wars game as anything else than a game primarily about Star Wars? And if it's about Star Wars, then of course they need to stick with the feeling of the characters. Making Mace into a tank with buff removal is about as logical as making Darth Vader a healer.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    ....the ability to TAUNT! Ok so he sucks, we all know he sucks, but if he was given the ability to taunt he could become a real asset to Jedi teams. Any thoughts?
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    lore wise he is NOT a tank, not sure why they labled him a tank. His combat style is offensive, bordering on the brink of the darkside. but hey what ever they coulda labled him a ballerina dancer for all the effectiveness he provides. I bought him when I first started playing to put together a jedi team. at character level 41 I finally gave up on his useless butt and he sits unused, ungeared, and unloved ever since. I have no intention of ever doing anything with him as he's a complete **** of a character :(
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Well he has a decent amount of health and a useful debuff skill to go along with his mediocre at best damage. With an added taunt he could be worth using on Jedi teams. It just seems silly that someone so high in the Jedi ranks can be so worthless.
  • Xyo
    52 posts Member
    tumblr_nod30nRB8p1tflhnuo1_250.gif
    925-327-551
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Why would you want to see a Star Wars game as anything else than a game primarily about Star Wars? And if it's about Star Wars, then of course they need to stick with the feeling of the characters. Making Mace into a tank with buff removal is about as logical as making Darth Vader a healer.

I got it. I see your point.

Exactly.

*Three other Jedi masters ;)

A bald head does not a tank make. Windu was first and foremost an attacker. There's plenty of lore regarding this. Some has been decanonized but not all.

Barriss is classified as a healer.

Basically this. Everything about his lore suggests he should not be a tank, or if he is a tank he should not have tank stats and focus (defense up on main attack? What?). It is a Star Wars game and they have captured the feel of many characters really well. Mace seems like he was made by an intern or something who has never seen Star Wars and just thinks "Samuel L Jackson...probably hard to kill then! Tank it is".
  • Xyo wrote: »
    tumblr_nod30nRB8p1tflhnuo1_250.gif

I like that.
  • @Wispsi Well, they did adjust Sid 'because lore' to make him more fitting of his char, so perhaps they will change Mace for the same reasons. Like I said earlier, I'd love a high damage dealing Jedi. And if it was Mace, all the better. Even if he's just buffed to make him worth the price tag in the bundle, that'd be good as well.

To be honest, I enjoy the idea of his kit. If they do give him a new one, having someone else with a tweaked version would be cool. Make his special an AoE dispel and a taunt on it as well, and that would make his unique worthwhile and him acceptable. Doesn't have to be top tier, OP amazing.

Either way, I'd be happy. I enjoy using him, and will continue to. If they buff him, awesome. A good Jedi tank. If they revamp his kit with lore in mind, even better. I've been happy with my Jedi team and no taunt so far. Wouldn't change much except Mace would pump out more dmg and bring a dmg dealing kit. I just hope they bring him up to par some how and soon. Hopefully with this coming update. If they made him good, we'd see more of him, and maybe have more diversity with our fights. Whether in Arena or GW, people are bored of seeing the same guys. Another reason I run the all Jedi counter team. **** the meta.
  • @AhsokaGuano Great name, lmao.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Orba
    61 posts Member
    I wondered if it might be good if Smite got a damage boost for each positive buff it removed, so the more buffed a character was the harder Mace would hit. It would be along the lines of Vader's Culling Blade. This would mean that Mace would be most effective against the toughest opponents and would give him the potential to be a game changer if he has good luck (and gets a lot of buffs removed) against the right target. He would basically become an Anti-Tank character.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I really like that idea @Orba ! Also goes pretty well with his lore.

Mace should be a nutcracker, not the nut.

Also, his passive skill Heroic sacrifice is just off. He didn't sacrifice himself, he was betrayed. Give him a Shatterpoint passive skill instead. Doesn't have to be an insta-win skill, just something that goes along with his lore. A powerful debuff or a buff removal.
  • Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Almost all the farmable Jedi do terrible damage [the bottom 10 for damage are mostly Jedi]. Offense beats health every time -- yet the Jedi have terrible offense with good health. (Exceptions like Qui-Gon who is the reverse.)

Mace has decent health (factor in defense/Defense Up) and if you have Ima-Gun Di you can keep Mace with Defense Up a lot of the time.

At constant +75% damage his base attack is suddenly very very good. His speed stinks, though.

Paired with Ima-Gun Di as a leader, Mace can Counter at +75% damage at least part of the time, which is Speed independent.

Outside of that one specific case, he's not good. And in that one place, he's...okay. The only reason he's even okay is because you can farm him slowly.

This game is about synergies...I just wanted to let you know that there *IS* one specific case. :)

Also, he's reasonably farmable and I try not to compare farmable characters to pay to win characters, just to be fair.
    Post edited by Eris_Discordant on
  • Sith are Jedi killers, Jedi are Galactic Peacekeepers or whatever they call themselves.

So naturally Sith will always be stronger.

Funny you mentioned this. The last 3 arena matches was super hard as I was beating ppl 4000+ power higher then me and their Sids and Rens were thrashing me left and right but Lumi kept healing herself until she was the last one standing. How your statement reminded me that the Jedis will come back to be the winners even though they get beat silly by much more powerful Siths.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    There's a big thread about Mace Windu in the Strategy and characters section... Just saying...