Scarif Event Snapshot after 8 hours

Tiggus
766 posts Member
Hey all,

FYI after 8h of this event being live in Asia, here is a rough account of points and brackets, so you can better estimate whether you want to spend (and how much) on refreshing toons to progress further:
(This is the player-level-80 board)
  1. Top rank ~ 5000 points
  2. Rank #10 ~ 3000 points
  3. Rank #40 = 2000 points
  4. Rank #100 ~ 1500 points
  5. Rank #200 ~ 1200 points

1 battle won (5 kills and no loss) earns you 175 - 200 points, so you get an idea what's your cost/benefit situation.

Refresh costs start at 5 crystal/toon, then 15 (... then 25 and 50 have I read somewhere).

And yes, as it's been said a lot already, no pay = no hope to get into top-whatever (I'd say 500), but well, such is life.

PS: Did I understand this correctly that in 3 days from now, exactly 3 players in the World will have a 7* Shoretrooper? And exactly 6 more players will have him at 6*?

Have fun!
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• Gezesh_Rahl
    145 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I guess there are more than 3 tournament shards. I can't find my guildie on my leaderboard, although we live in neighbor countries in Europe.
    So there will be more of those shoretroopers, but you probably won't notice that
  • Appreciate it!

I don't know but that is funny if there's only 3 leaderboards. To be fair getting him 7* in one go is quite a

Hopefully the tournament is just a regular thing, so F2P have chance to get him to a decent level after a while. I haven't heard anything on how frequent they'll be though.
  • Yeah it's obvious it's been produced for Wales. The more they make the game for Wales the less I am willing to spend
  • Yeah it's obvious it's been produced for Wales. The more they make the game for Wales the less I am willing to spend

I too wish they would stop pandering to the Welshmen as well!
  • Credit payout is substantial too.
    I just hope this is not a replacement for credit heist.

Since the only thing that matters is the number of winning battles, you should always challenge the weakest. It s not like arena, where you swap places. I wonder how this will turn out, cause with a decent roster, you can win 4-5 battles in a row, without refreshing. Just use your weakest team first. That means a last minute score of about 1.000 is possible (assuming you drop low and thus face weak teams at first).

I got to 20th position now (with 2 refreshes, cause i didnt figure out the best strategy yet). Gonna let my team drop now and see how much i can climb tomorrow without refresh. With good planning, you can do this 2-3 times per event. That would get you a decent position, i think.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    I guess there are more than 3 tournament shards. ...
    True, I read we were split in shards per time-zone regions, but there might be more than one shard per region. These shards are *way* more competitive than Arena shards though. I'm ~20 on Arena, hope to be ~1000 here.
  • Good idea about using the weaklings first, will try that tomorrow.
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Whales will obviously come out on top, I am very happy with the reward teirs for the rest of us though. Good luck to everyone.
  • Hopefully my bracket doesn't get many whales
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • It's not a Scarif event it's a Shoretrooper event.

They should group all f2p with other f2p and paying guys with other p2p to be fair imo.
  • Synfreak wrote: »
    It's not a Scarif event it's a Shoretrooper event.

They should group all f2p with other f2p and paying guys with other p2p to be fair imo.

P2W doesn't work like that, lol
  • 5000 points...
  • Looks like tanking my max squad power has paid off!

(They also split brackets by power)

(Just to clarify, my tourney hasn't started yet)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • (They also split brackets by power)

I haven't seen anything like that. They made several leagues, for players in different level brackets (level 80es together, level 70-79s etc.)

I'm level 80 and have faced teams of power ranging from 35k to 44k. Goes without saying, when you get the choice, take the easy one ;)