Well, they warned me about Finn...

13Next

Replies

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    Bank your tokens. One of the Devs said they will be making changes to shipments in an upcoming update.

They probberly will make all the shipments, like this, 6 random toons, 2 shards for 300, now the shardshop looks fine for new whales ;)
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I think people just don't know how to use Finn because, well, they don't use him and only consult generic off hand remarks from people here who JUST look at speed and damage bursts and decide that 107 is too slow to be any good in arena we all know the song.

I still make it top 10 there with him as my lead, and he survives all 12 GW nodes without me having to use his self heal (it's very rare that I do, so I never bothered to invest the ability beyond level 3). I don't give a day-um about defending there, all that matters is that I can climb back up in a few battles and if it's worth it, spend 50 crystal to secure a top 3 spot.

Basically, I get you guys, but these Finn threads and comments crack me up and I wonder why I'm the only vocal one on here liking this unit. I beat with Finn the meta droid team 100% minus the rare times ig88 decided to dodge in round one. And he regularly stuns or exposes other guys, you just gotta know who to hit who has less tenacity than others... doh?
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Fantazy wrote: »
    I think people just don't know how to use Finn because, well, they don't use him and only consult generic off hand remarks from people here who JUST look at speed and damage bursts and decide that 107 is too slow to be any good in arena we all know the song.

I still make it top 10 there with him as my lead, and he survives all 12 GW nodes without me having to use his self heal (it's very rare that I do, so I never bothered to invest the ability beyond level 3). I don't give a day-um about defending there, all that matters is that I can climb back up in a few battles and if it's worth it, spend 50 crystal to secure a top 3 spot.

Basically, I get you guys, but these Finn threads and comments crack me up and I wonder why I'm the only vocal one on here liking this unit. I beat with Finn the meta droid team 100% minus the rare times ig88 decided to dodge in round one. And he regularly stuns or exposes other guys, you just gotta know who to hit who has less tenacity than others... doh?

The Droids are no longer meta on my server. It is QGJ, Poe, and some combination of Lumi, FOTP, Rey and GS. I just don't see how Finn contributes amything. And to make matters worse, he's terrible on defense because the AI does his advantage special second (so by the time he has a 3rd attack, he's probably the only toon left).

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    @Qeltar GS is the way to go, hits hard on his regular, hits hard with an assist with his special which can be used every other turn, great speed and very good health and super easy to farm quickly. I have no reason to have him out of my line up
  • Fantazy wrote: »
    I think people just don't know how to use Finn because, well, they don't use him and only consult generic off hand remarks from people here who JUST look at speed and damage bursts and decide that 107 is too slow to be any good in arena we all know the song.

I just wish slower characters hit harder, or offered more team support. Old Ben is a good example - slow, but can disrupt the entire enemy team.

Stunning one character won't matter if all your attackers are already dead. I think all non-taunt tanks should hit about 50% harder than they do.
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    Fantazy wrote: »

I just wish slower characters hit harder, or offered more team support. Old Ben is a good example - slow, but can disrupt the entire enemy team.

Stunning one character won't matter if all your attackers are already dead. I think all non-taunt tanks should hit about 50% harder than they do.

I don't think tanks need to hot harder bit they definitely should have more appropriate skills, especially if they don't have a taunt. Eg - shielding that absorbs majority of damage across the team that lasts x number of hits (therefore forcing enemy to either hit like wet noodles or attack your tank to destroy the shield ) or maybe some sort of amplifier attack that builds up if the tank doesn't get hit granting bonus team damage once it builds up
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    What I would love on a "tank" without a taunt is that the AI still have a tendency to hit them more than they would my JC or Talia or Rey IF there's a tank in the team. I'm not asking for a 100% targeting on them, but it would be nice to have them skew the AI a bit better in this regards.

Also, EA, please do something with Defense -- you know, to make it useful. More damage mitigation please. So that well, the self heals are lower on the other end as well.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    been asking for it...unique passive damage split skills. and the counter would be active unique canceling skills.
    mighty chlorians