Best leader for Kylo group?

Currently my arena team is the following:

Lumi 5*
Poe 4*
Kylo 5*
Barriss 4*
Phasma 4*

I will be unlocking Sidious 4* today so I'm wondering now who I should switch out and place as the leader. Phasma works well with Kylo but since I don't have another first order character the leader ability is sort of wasted.

Replies

• Options
    Id swap out Barriss and use Phasma as lead, as IMO you dont really need two healers. Even without FO toons i like the leader ability of Phasma as it seem to work a decent amount of times. I easily get into the top 50 of my arena with:

Phasma(L)/Sid/Lumi/Fives/ and Luke, but will working on Kylo now. How do you like him?

I also have Barriss but only use her for GW, Sid's lead ability is good also.
  • Options
    I was lucky and pulled Kylo from a pack and he is one of my best characters now. His single target special does decent damage and potentially massive damage if he is low health. I've been using Barriss because she works well with Poe's taunt and didn't have a lot better options until I could unlock Sid.
  • Options
    I agree Barris will work good with Poe's taunt. Her health equalizer is great when Poe fires first round takes all the hits and then she equalizes in the end because health of your other toons are intact provided the enemy didnt do much AOE damage. But her attack is very weak so you will need some good attackers to make it viable. Like when Poe exposed you must take down two of the toon by 2 rounds.
  • Options
    I might try swapping Barriss and Phasma for Sid and Luke 4* with Sid as the leader.
  • Options
    That sounds good, I think as you have Poe Sid's leader ability will be better than Phasma's.

Fives works well with Phasmas due to his assist, slow on his main attack, and counter, but as you have a taunter you will need the damage output as Arijit mentioned.

Luke's special has a pretty decent chance of stunning especially with Sid as lead, so that will work well too...good luck!
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Daprosy wrote: »
    Id swap out Barriss and use Phasma as lead, as IMO you dont really need two healers. Even without FO toons i like the leader ability of Phasma as it seem to work a decent amount of times. I easily get into the top 50 of my arena with:

Phasma(L)/Sid/Lumi/Fives/ and Luke, but will working on Kylo now. How do you like him?

I also have Barriss but only use her for GW, Sid's lead ability is good also.

Yes, ^_^ This.
  • Options
    in GW- Phasma, Kylo, Lumi, QGJ, Barriss, and Maul or Asoka depending on the match up. In PvP Pogo is in instead of Barriss and OBW in place of Maul or Asoka. I try to keep them debuffed.
  • Options
    I'm currently running with Phasma (L), Sid, Kylo Ren, Luminara, and Dooku. Sometimes I swap Dooku for Han but with everyone using Poe, I preffer Dooku for his stun. I currently place in the top 4 of my server each day.
  • Options
    I'm currently running with Phasma (L), Sid, Kylo Ren, Luminara, and Dooku. Sometimes I swap Dooku for Han but with everyone using Poe, I preffer Dooku for his stun. I currently place in the top 4 of my server each day.

Ten shards away from getting Dooku. He is such a pain to farm!
  • Options
    So far I'm running Sid as leader with Poe, Lumi, Phasma, and Kylo and it seems to be working well. My Phasma is gear VII so she is outperforming Luke atm.
  • Options
    After running with Sid as the leader for a while I much prefer Phasma as the leader in my current team as none of my characters specifically benefit from Crits.
  • Options
    I think I'll add in 5s because he will fit the team better and is easier to star up than Poe. I have 5s at four stars. I'll probably add Dooku as well so I'll have a good counter team. Need 7 shards for Dooku.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma is the best I've found. Sidious drops super fast and I'm looking for a replacement for him
  • Options
    Cecton wrote: »
    Currently my arena team is the following:

Lumi 5*
    Poe 4*
    Kylo 5*
    Barriss 4*
    Phasma 4*

I will be unlocking Sidious 4* today so I'm wondering now who I should switch out and place as the leader. Phasma works well with Kylo but since I don't have another first order character the leader ability is sort of wasted.

The ability isn't wasted, it's double the chance for FO allies but it's still 16%-18% for non FO allies, nothing to sneeze at. If you run a crit team then Sid is the better choice but for most other non-specialized comps (eg not a droid team), Phasma is the better choice, all other things being equal.

Team instinct did a fairly comprehensive analysis of this and I can't find fault with their figures.

http://www.teaminstinct.net/sidious-vs-phasma-leadership-skill-weve-done-the-math/
    Ally Code: 945-699-762