Revert the nerfs

Prev1
medetec
1571 posts Member
edited October 2016
This isnt inspired by anything that happened recently, I've just been thinking about it for awhile. I'll keep it brief... We've had a series of nerfs based on game states that no longer exist. Why keep these nerfs in effect? Undo them, and in the future continue to adjust the game state through additions (like B2 being added as a possible counterplay to evasion) not subtractions (direct character/mechanic nerfs).

Revert:

Barriss Offee
CT-5555
Poe Dameron
Counter Attacks (ignore taunt, stealth)

Edit:

First Order TIE Pilot

Replies

• medetec wrote: »
    This isnt inspired by anything that happened recently, I've just been thinking about it for awhile. I'll keep it brief... We've had a series of nerfs based on game states that no longer exist. Why keep these nerfs in effect? Undo them, and in the future continue to adjust the game state through additions (like B2 being added as a possible counterplay to evasion) not subtractions (direct character/mechanic nerfs).

Revert:

Barriss Offee
    CT-5555
    Poe Dameron

You forgot a very important toon, fotp
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    That I did, anyone else?
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    As long as evasion isn't buffed, I'm all for it.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    Dooku got his DMG and counters nerfed.

O
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Orions wrote: »
    Dooku got his DMG and counters nerfed.

O

Was Dooku nerfed directly or was that part of the counter attack nerf? If so I've already got that listed. I wish there was a change log for GoH.
  • I think Dooku got nerfed hard during the gear rearrangements. And the counter nerf.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I have zero faith that any of them will be reverted. They may rework one hero every 3 months, but asking them to look at multiple old heroes? Nah just pay hundreds of dollars for a small chance at a 7* shoretrooper.

With the state of so many other meta heroes, it's hard to believe there was ever justification for those nerfs originally.

Wasn't Sidious one of these as well?
  • It would really be nice if RP and RT got some of the damage back that they lost in the protection update. They are only good for single shot damage, and with the nerfed, they are pretty worthless now.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    It would be weird to see how this played out?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
    Revert:

Barriss Offee
    CT-5555
    Poe Dameron

Edit:

First Order TIE Pilot

Yes, No, Yes, No, No.

Barriss and Poe were straight up nerfed while WAI, the other three weren't working as intended.
    FOTP has been reworked in the meantime as well.

Huge :+1: for Poe and Barriss getting their powers back, though. If you look at the speed mod meta right now, Poe's measly -1 Speed seems a bit ridiculous. And Tenacity is so mediocre he might as well get double the amount of before.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Would be so nice if the devs were allowed to do a proper balance pass of the game. But making a quality game is not what the shareholders want.
  • Great idea medtec. Reverse the entire protection nerf ! And all others
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I think that in general nerf/buff is awful because someone receives something for free - I mean some players don't farm this toon because is weak, when you buff it others receive good toon for free - it is not fair. Nerf should be made just if toon is totally OP. Nerf is a little bit more fair because it takes time to level it up.
    I think that after a while there will be a serious problems with some of older toons because they will be obsolete and no one will farm it, especially if new toons are like EP, and they should think about it...
    Who farm Luke or Jawa when you have such a toons in cantina... with this rate... :smile:
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    Great idea medtec. Reverse the entire protection nerf ! And all others

You mean the cascade of damage nerfs that came with with protection update? As they were not remotely related to speed as they were supposed to be, I'd agree, but that's a lot of work to do. I figured start with the characters/mechanics that were directly singled out for nerfs, then go through a more general balance pass time/budget permitting.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    I would like to see Yoda and Kylo Ren taken back out the nerf bag

Revert:

Barriss Offee
    CT-5555
    Poe Dameron

Edit:

First Order TIE Pilot

You didn't put Yoda on here?? That would be the first to bring back
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    pargame wrote: »
    I think that in general nerf/buff is awful because someone receives something for free.....

But um, haha, the whole game is free.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • himobi
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yoda and FOTP. Both were great, now fallen from grace. Yoda isn't really that important in star wars is he :)
  • Counters shouldn't ignore taunts. Counters shouldn't ignore stealth. I strongly disagree

Otherwise your points are valid
  • Why poe? Isn't he viable if properly modded?
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    Counters shouldn't ignore taunts. Counters shouldn't ignore stealth. I strongly disagree

Otherwise your points are valid

Why not? Not that you are necessarily wrong, but they used to ignore both and might provide a viable response to AOE teams.
  • You know, I don't necessarily agree with nerfs. However, I do feel that we should AT LEAST be notified of these nerfs and not have to figure them out. I spent a very long time getting FOTP to 7* only to find out once I did, that he got nerfed...
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    ATSpain wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »

Revert:

Barriss Offee
    CT-5555
    Poe Dameron

Edit:

First Order TIE Pilot

You didn't put Yoda on here?? That would be the first to bring back

Because I forgot what was changed about him, I hadn't even tried to use him until recently. I know he recieved some large damage nerfs as part of the protection damage nerf fiesta, anything outside of that?
    Rurouni7 wrote: »
    Why poe? Isn't he viable if properly modded?

He is, but just because he is playable modded doesnt mean the nerfs (what was it, like -1 speed?) are warranted in a game framework that doesn't even include the speed tier mechanic he was nerfed to address. Overall, I'm trying to say that there were a series of nerf that were aimed to address game states that no longer exist, and Poe's nerfs were one of them. Just because he's still viable doesnt mean the nerfs are a good idea.

As a general philosophy, especially in a game like this with such heavy time or monetary investment costs to acquire content, content should not be directly changed in a negative manner unless its required to fix game breaking interactions or glitches. Not that nerfs cant ever be used, but they certainly shouldnt be the first solution to a problem that can be addressed by counterplay instead.
  • Yoda was nerfed more than anyone on this list.

If Yoda was reverted Jedi teams would be a thing right now guaranteed.
  • Resistence pilot...
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Yoda was nerfed more than anyone on this list.

If Yoda was reverted Jedi teams would be a thing right now guaranteed.

@slickdealer I honestly cant remember exactly what was done to Yoda. Can you remind me?

Ezeziel, RP ate a damage nerf that I feel was unwarranted, but it was part of that huge damage "rebalance" that ruined a lot of character. I'd be in favor of rolling a lot of that back, but it was such a huge change to the game you have to be careful.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    iirc the only dps characters that didn't have their damage massively nerfed were GS (no change), 86 (actually got a buff), and Rey (nerf to a lesser degree)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I don't know that I would like to see 5's reverted. I think the insta-double hit was kinda lame. Counter shouldn't ignore stealth. But, if it ignored taunt I would be ok with that. Others seem ok to me.

The worst part of the great protection/dps nerf for me was my RP. She was a pain to gear. But, at least she did decent damage in a B or C squad. I can't see why anyone would waste time gearing her in her current form.
  • OP, But like you said they were nerfed due to game states, that is the reason those states don't exist now so reverting these changes would bring them back in some cases, bariss not so much cause of protection, poe's -1 speed is too irrelevant to reverse now since variable speed with mods. Not sure what happened to fives but if you mean the bug where he would double tap a target that didn't have speed down before his first shot then no there's absolutely no way why that should be allowed, might as well just remove the speed down criteria and just make his basic double tap every time if that was the case. Also counters vs taunts should stay as it is cause taunt becomes basically pointless if it was reverted. For the whole counter/taunt thing we just have to wait till sun fac goes f2p then the AOE meta will pretty much fall
  • Nerf the nerfs?

not sure if serious... :|